• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that an attempt at humour? It didn't come with a picture and some italics you see which is our only other way of identifying that you're trying to make a joke.

Oh how we laugh though.

I've just trawled through 36 pages in one thread of moaning about what Rodgers is doing with these transfers. Not to mention the countless other threads where you warble on about the treatment he's given to Carroll.

He didn't spend 35M on him. Or the other 50M on some collection of tubes.

It's like giving Peter Andre shit for not turning big Harvey into the ultimate fucking spelling bee. DWIGHT YORKE CREATED THE SWEATY CUNT THEN FUCKED OFF YOU OLD FOOL.

That's a really really weird analogy.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalala all you like Del, it does not matter about what formations you talk of we are too light up front, don't have a fox in the box and don't have enough cover. That was true last season and is worse now.

I'm not sticking my fingers in my ears Vlad, I'm just trying to keep some perspective. And I think both the personnel and the style of play already looks significantly better than last year. Allen has already shown what he's capable of, and Sahin, who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet, has the kind of quality that could prove massive over the coming season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not papering over the cracks, but I expect us to do significantly better than last year. And anyone who thought we could simply shrug off the wastefulness of last year and continue to invest heavily in the team was kidding themselves.

Some square pegs there mate and still no natural finishers. Fuck it, I'm not going to beat the drum to death. We will just have to see how it pans out. I'm very sceptical at the moment and I don't trust FSG one bit currently. I have faith in Rodgers but I think he's lacking some tools of choice and he's not been backed to the level he was promised.

Careful you may be labelled hysterical. I think BR has bought well in general. I don't believe for a minute he wanted to weaken hi goal scoring options. Most of last season we were crying out for a goals scorer and that problem is now compounded. There's nothing to be done now we just have to get on with it but I smell an off field shit storm brewing
I should be labelled hysterical Sunny - because I fucking am, in fact I have rarely felt so fucking angry even through the Hicks and Gillet and Rafa fucking around era, and not without good reason. This is the third manager that has not addressed the lack of strikers FFS and it bites us in the arse time and time again, when will they fucking learn

Careful you may be labelled hysterical. I think BR has bought well in general. I don't believe for a minute he wanted to weaken hi goal scoring options. Most of last season we were crying out for a goals scorer and that problem is now compounded. There's nothing to be done now we just have to get on with it but I smell an off field shit storm brewing
Im not labeling anyone hysterical mate.
Im just saying for the first time in years I havnt been all into this transfer deadline shit and im calm as fuck.
Twitter and Sky have made this a fucking circus and everyone with a keyboard thinks they know what we should have done.
If the boss starts complaining i'll worry. But twitter shit that he is all angry because he was lied to isnt doing it for me.
He didnt want Carroll.

BO-RI-NI.
=
ONE striker.

We needed a finisher last season though Oncy, so the sale of two this time around and the addition of one still amounts to the same thing, we're a striker worse off than last year. Last year, when we already could have done with an extra one.

Similar feeling to the Jan transfer window, where most, if not all of us, knew we were in need of a goalscorer to have any decent chance of pushing on for CL spot for the rest of the season. Of cos, the Jan timing is different from the Jul-Aug one and there was probably the fact that the board weren't prepared to allow an out-going manager to spend.

However, it really looks like we were on a major cost cutting exercise. Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Aurelio, Aquilani, Adam. That must be quite a lot off the wage bill. And of cos, there goes lots of experience from the squad too. Wonder if the Assaidi deal would've happened if there was more money available.

You keep hearing in Henry and Werner's interviews about them talkng to "footballing people" but there seems to be a serious lack of footballing know-how at the top evel in the club.

£4m for Adam when Spearing was supposedly rated at £3m? Loaning out Spearing when apparently as many of 5 clubs were interested in him? The Gylfi Sigurdsson deal being hi-jacked. The handling of Clint Dempsey interest/bids, only for him leave for £6m. We could well have lost Sahin to Arsenal and he's not even a permanent signing (not yet, anyway). What if Parma, instead of Roma, had won the blind auction for Borini? Agger hasn't signed a new contract yet, has he? Thankfully, Allen had an exit clause in his contract. God knows if we'd have been able to agree to any deal with Swansea had that not been the case.

We needed a finisher last season though Oncy, so the sale of two this time around and the addition of one still amounts to the same thing, we're a striker worse off than last year. Last year, when we already could have done with an extra one.

Aye, it's pretty obvious where we've needed to strenghten and that was before Bellamy, Kuyt an Carroll left.

I'm not sticking my fingers in my ears Vlad, I'm just trying to keep some perspective. And I think both the personnel and the style of play already looks significantly better than last year. Allen has already shown what he's capable of, and Sahin, who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet, has the kind of quality that could prove massive over the coming season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not papering over the cracks, but I expect us to do significantly better than last year. And anyone who thought we could simply shrug off the wastefulness of last year and continue to invest heavily in the team was kidding themselves.

I agree, but we still need a finisher and no formation to shuffle the numbers is going to change that.

Gary25 said 'It was essential we signed one or two strikers' and we did.
Thats the only point I was making.

Because we're now easy fodder. What did Fergie do to us last season? Targeted our strength and made us look like cunts. He'll only carry us so far before he gets kicked everywhere, injured, sent off, whatever and then we're fucked.

The plus side, we have a smaller squad that will breed continuity.

The downside, we've still not got a quality finisher near anything the top 6 have and we have to pin our hopes on a few kids coming good for the entire season. We're in Everton land and it fucking stinks.

It's gonna be tough, sure. I guess we'll need to prioritize one competition over another. So play Morgan, Yesil or Sinclair in the Europa league and the league cup.

Some square pegs there mate and still no natural finishers. Fuck it, I'm not going to beat the drum to death. We will just have to see how it pans out. I'm very sceptical at the moment and I don't trust FSG one bit currently. I have faith in Rodgers but I think he's lacking some tools of choice and he's not been backed to the level he was promised.
Its not ideal in my eyes. But i'll give the manager a chance to see what he wants to do before I stress.

Im just saying for the first time in years I havnt been all into this transfer deadline shit and im calm as fuck.
Twitter and Sky have made this a fucking circus and everyone with a keyboard thinks they know what we should have done.
If the boss starts complaining i'll worry. But twitter shit that he is all angry because he was lied to isnt doing it for me.
He didnt want Carroll.

Didnt say you did !
Sky are cunts.
Not twitter shit, trust me.
He didn't want Carroll. He did want goal scorers. He said so, clear as day. He said he'd be mad to let AC go without replacement options. He got fuck all.

Gary25 said 'It was essential we signed one or two strikers' and we did.
Thats the only point I was making.

Fair enough, I don't think either are near the quality needed though, and I do see some promise in Borini, but right here right now he doesn't match up to a list of strikers you could reel off from the top six, and then the other one is an 18 who signed for £1m. Might be brilliant, might be N'Gog-ish, might be of the standard of 99% of the kids we buy.

He didnt want Carroll.

Once again, who's doubting that? We know he didn't fancy Carroll but he did want him replacing.

Didnt say you did !
Sky are cunts.
Not twitter shit, trust me.
He didn't want Carroll. He did want goal scorers. He said so, clear as day. He said he'd be mad to let AC go without replacement options. He got fuck all.
Managers say shit like that though. They say 'Hes not for sale' to drive the fee up. They say 'Hes part of my plans' when he isnt part of his plans.

There is NO FUCKING WAY that the American owners of this club told Rodgers YESTERDAY that he could let Carroll go and they would replace him today if they meant not to.

NO WAY.

Exactly. It's not about wanting a big boom signing, it's the fact that we allowed Carroll to leave first before ensuring we had a replacement. Amateur shite.

I don't think its amateur - Brendan knows Andy needs games to get his confidence, he will not get games at LFC this season because Brendan needs to introduce his system to the players that he will play. We spent £35M on that guy, and if we want to regain a significant proportion of that investment - then Andy's got to produce, and he will do that at West Ham with a team that will play to his strengths. Our manager has stated that his plan B - is to change plan A such that it becomes more effective, that implies that there will not be any lumping of the ball in the air to a big centre forward. If Andy does really well then some of the clubs that do play the required style for his strengths we may even get 20M+ when we do decide to sell him.

My depression has gone now and I am over the sadness of not signing Dempsey, we let go of some players this season not all of them have gone because we wanted them to go (Bellamy, and possibly Maxi) - but we DID sign two strikers in Borini and that new young lad yesterday. I think the first job will be to get the best out of them, before we actually decide if we really do need to splash the cash again in January. Fuck Spurs and Fullham and Dempsey for going to Spurs.

He (Rodgers) said earlier that he's reiterated from the moment he came in that we need goals.

Rodgers has been shafted like the rest of us. It's just a chain of incompetency. Owners feeling their way and stung by last seasons transfers, a CEO who should be disrupting everyone's tea in Whetherspoons with a bag full of knock off shirts (Paul Smith probably) and a manager who's a relative new comer who's got no experience of managing a big club (though with the right aspirations and at least some bollocks when it comes to fighting his corner).

We're inexperienced, naive and poorly run. We need time, help and shit load of patience because this is (clearly) going to be a long road to recovery.

You are right it looks better, but without strikers we are really fucked that cost us last year and we are worse off than then. We have lost Kuyt, who largely useless for large lumps of the time could play in the box, Bellamy has gone, we have lost Maxi who scored most of our goals and could play as a striker we have now lost Carroll , so as I see it we have shipped four of our strikers out and brought Borini (yet to be proved) in, and Assaidi, who we know nothing about and who could be as good as the last Morrocan winger we had, so we are two down on last year and we were short as it was then.

I can't see how anyone that thinks we have this covered including you and Andy can believe what you are saying yourselves, it's madness to do anything in the premier league you need at least three top strikers, you know the ones that can score goals, and we haven't.

He (Rodgers) said earlier that he's reiterated from the moment he came in that we need goals.

Rodgers has been shafted like the rest of us. It's just a chain of incompetency. Owners feeling their way and stung by last seasons transfers, a CEO who should be disrupting everyone's tea in Whetherspoons with a bag full of knock off shirts (Paul Smith probably) and a manager who's a relative new comer who's got no experience of managing a big club (though with the right aspirations and at least some bollocks when it comes to fighting his corner).

We're inexperienced, naive and poorly run. We need time, help and shit load of patience because this is (clearly) going to be a long road to recovery.
I think thats rubbish Mark. Sorry but I do.

Managers say shit like that though. They say 'Hes not for sale' to drive the fee up. They say 'Hes part of my plans' when he isnt part of his plans.

There is NO FUCKING WAY that the American owners of this club told Rodgers YESTERDAY that he could let Carroll go and they would replace him today if they meant not to.

NO WAY.

You're just making shit up now to suit your argument. He's been open and honest from the off. He said Carroll didn't fit his plans. He's gone. He said he needed goal scorers and replacement options though otherwise he'd be mad to let him go.

Have the owners reneged on their financial promises ? YES WAY. YES FUCKING WAY.

You are right it looks better, but without strikers we are really fucked that cost us last year and we are worse off than then. We have lost Kuyt, who largely useless for large lumps of the time could play in the box, Bellamy has gone, we have lost Maxi who scored most of our goals and could play as a striker we have now lost Carroll , so as I see it we have shipped four of our strikers out and brought Borini (yet to be proved) in, and Assaidi, who we know nothing about and who could be as good as the last Morrocan winger we had, so we are two down on last year and we were short as it was then.

I can't see how anyone that thinks we have this covered including you and Andy can believe what you are saying yourselves, it's madness to do anything in the premier league you need at least three top strikers, you know the ones that can score goals, and we haven't.
I cant believe YOU included Kuyt in that post.
🙂

Eat some all bran people. This isn't the time to panic. If we're not top of the league in October then we can panic.

I think thats rubbish Mark. Sorry but I do.

Why Oncy? It's not kneejerk, it's a fair observation. I'm not directly slating any of them, they're all in the same boat, the owners are new to this, the manager is new to a big club and the CEO is inept in his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom