• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity Cole is still here yeah, apparently was offered a move to spartak Moscow & Everton showed interest but he refused to even talk to either of them.

Yea we'll be fine, it's disappointing but it's only 4 months to January and Rodgers will be wise to how we're operating by then.

No panic buys, no more Andy Carrolls, always a good thing.

Panic buys are one thing, but this is swinging almost as far the other way. We needed a striker, and instead, loaned one off. I don't see how that's going to get us the goals we so clearly need. A couple of injuries, and those 'only' four months could very well be the all time it takes to royally shaft our season. I hope we get some luck on the injury front, our players adapt to Brendan's playing philosophy quickly and some of our younger players grasp their respective opportunities with both hands.

Rory Smith can fuck off.

We all knew £ was tight and were realistic enough not to expect any big money signing(s) but we didn't expect to sell Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Carroll(loan) and Adam and replace them with just 2 players in Borini and Allen - good players that they are, we have nowhere near enough options in the final third.

Why are you ignoring the signings of Assaidi, Sahin, and Yesil?

I realise people are disappointed, but it seems we've gone from having one of the best windows in years a few hours ago, to an utter gloomathon.

We'll be significantly better than we were last year, with a much healthier wage bill, and a fraction of the money spent. Plus a bunch of players who could be mainstays in the side for years to come. It's not all bad.

Well well well… "False 9" becomes the only choice now. Because we don't have a real "9".

I realise people are disappointed, but it seems we've gone from having one of the best windows in years a few hours ago, to an utter gloomathon.

We'll be significantly better than we were last year, with a much healthier wage bill, and a fraction of the money spent. Plus a bunch of players who could be mainstays in the side for years to come. It's not all bad.

Although I agree with your general sentiment, we do seem a little light up front

Panic buys are one thing, but this is swinging almost as far the other way. We needed a striker, and instead, loaned one off. I don't see how that's going to get us the goals we so clearly need. A couple of injuries, and those 'only' four months could very well be the all time it takes to royally shaft our season. I hope we get some luck on the injury front, our players adapt to Brendan's playing philosophy quickly and some of our younger players grasp their respective opportunities with both hands.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with going the other way as long as we meet our needs, which obviously we haven't. But I'd be happy to see us take a very considered approach on transfers from now on because it seems we haven't done a lot of thinking about who we want to sign in the recent past.

We've got 4 months to take a good long look at things and targets. I hope we have luck with injuries and young players too.

Those pesky other signings. Always spoils a good moan.

Although I agree with your general sentiment, we do seem a little light up front

Undoubtedly. But we're playing a 4-3-3. The way we're looking to play does not rely on one focal point. Along with Suarez and Borini, we have Sterling, Assaidi, Gerrard, Shelvey, and even Morgan and the new wonderkid who can play in various positions across that front three. It does place a great deal of emphasis upon Suarez, but there is a chance that the penny will drop for him at some point, and he'll start banging them in. Like I said, it's not ideal, but it's worth remembering that we've brought in some seriously exciting talent this window, some of which we've yet to see.

It was going so well too, until today, if we had let Adam and Spearing go and not shoved Carroll out of the door to the clutches of fat Sam for FUCK ALL it would have still been a good window, but we are Liverpool so and managed to conspire against ourselves to fuck it up again!
Twitter world was full of little japes like - Breaking News Liverpool are putting in a £35m bid to buy Carroll from WHU and this eben more amusing one - The deal broke down because Fulham wanted £6m for Dempsey but Liverpool insist they are not paying less than £15m, it would all have been amusing if it did not have the huge pong of truth to it. We are a laughing stock out there , and for the first time in my life I can understand it.
Who on earth loans out a decent striker when you are already short of strikers, and does not bring at least one new one in- WE DO, even though we had been tapping up some cunt from months, who Spurs nip in and nick from under our noses and sign up in fifteen fucking minutes.
It's not about money and finances and intrigue and conspiracy it's about being thick and too fucking clever for our own good and thinking we are smarter and clever than we really are.
So who do we bring on when Borini, yet to be proved, or brilliant player Suarez (not a natural scorer), limp off of both just play shit, or it's just not working, or there is a suspension , who do we bring on?
At least we had some sort of a plan B with Carroll, now we have got plan absolutelyfuckall ......... Oh wait, we have got Adam Morgan, who looked like a fucking headless chicken last night, although I am sure he could do much better, and some German vunder kidden that we paid less than a million pounds for to save us and push us towards the elusive fourth place.
Dempsey perhaps was not the best option, but it was an option, we can have the best midfield in the world but if no cunt can score we are fucked - just like we have been for the last four fucking years..............................whatthefuckweretheythinkingof

*sobs in dark corner

Hey - this is the first window in some time that we haven't been royally bummed by some other fucking cunt of a club.
The real strategy here is buying back our credibility in the transfer market.

Undoubtedly. But we're playing a 4-3-3. The way we're looking to play does not rely on one focal point. Along with Suarez and Borini, we have Sterling, Assaidi, Gerrard, Shelvey, and even Morgan and the new wonderkid who can play in various positions across that front three. It does place a great deal of emphasis upon Suarez, but there is a chance that the penny will drop for him at some point, and he'll start banging them in. Like I said, it's not ideal, but it's worth remembering that we've brought in some seriously exciting talent this window, some of which we've yet to see.
You can stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalala all you like Del, it does not matter about what formations you talk of we are too light up front, don't have a fox in the box and don't have enough cover. That was true last season and is worse now.

It was going so well too, until today, if we had let Adam and Spearing go and not shoved Carroll out of the door to the clutches of fat Sam for FUCK ALL it would have still been a good window, but we are Liverpool so and managed to conspire against ourselves to fuck it up again!
Twitter world was full of little japes like - Breaking News Liverpool are putting in a £35m bid to buy Carroll from WHU and this eben more amusing one - The deal broke down because Fulham wanted £6m for Dempsey but Liverpool insist they are not paying less than £15m, it would all have been amusing if it did not have the huge pong of truth to it. We are a laughing stock out there , and for the first time in my life I can understand it.
Who on earth loans out a decent striker when you are already short of strikers, and does not bring at least one new one in- WE DO, even though we had been tapping up some cunt from months, who Spurs nip in and nick from under our noses and sign up in fifteen fucking minutes.
It's not about money and finances and intrigue and conspiracy it's about being thick and too fucking clever for our own good and thinking we are smarter and clever than we really are.
So who do we bring on when Borini, yet to be proved, or brilliant player Suarez (not a natural scorer), limp off of both just play shit, or it's just not working, or there is a suspension , who do we bring on?
At least we had some sort of a plan B with Carroll, now we have got plan absolutelyfuckall ......... Oh wait, we have got Adam Morgan, who looked like a fucking headless chicken last night, although I am sure he could do much better, and some German vunder kidden that we paid less than a million pounds for to save us and push us towards the elusive fourth place.
Dempsey perhaps was not the best option, but it was an option, we can have the best midfield in the world but if no cunt can score we are fucked - just like we have been for the last four fucking years..............................whatthefuckweretheythinkingof

*sobs in dark corner

It's OK Vlad we have boss centre backs

We have ONE forward berth.
The first choice is Suarez.
Second choice is Borini.
Third choice is Morgan.

I could have fucking SWORN ive seen most of you guys say lets give the kids a chance in the past couple of seasons?
No?
My mistake.

If we played with 2 forwards then id suggest we are fucked. We dont we play with one.

Obviously I would have LOVED a top striker, but Dempsey to sit in third place ahead of Morgan? Fuck that.

Hey - this is the first window in some time that we haven't been royally bummed by some other fucking cunt of a club.
The real strategy here is buying back our credibility in the transfer market.

I don't think we did that unfortunately, we gave AC to WH for 1-2 mill plus his wages and have been left with no Demsey or Sturridge. Once again we are left looking like a laughing stock.

*sobs in dark corner

Amen brother. Couldn't agree more. Fuck it though, lets all pretend everything's great anyway, nearly everyone else on this site does.

You'd get people putting a positive spin on things if we were relegated.

Morgan is far from ready. There's a difference between giving kids a chance and relying on them which we have to do now. It's unfair on them

Morgan is far from ready. There's a difference between giving kids a chance and relying on them which we have to do now. It's unfair on them
No we dont have to 'rely' on them. We have 25m Suarez and 12m Borini in front of him. Thats not relying. Thats having an option.

Sure all things considered its been a good window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom