• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's not very womanly, is it?😉

Ha.

'I'm going the chippy, want anything?'

'no'

You sure? Last chance!

No, not hungry.

Cool.

*walks in with curry & chips*

*wife instantly gets fork & starts eating them*

Thought you said you weren't hungry?!

Well, I am now.

Aaarrregghhh!

Nah not having that he's been saying all window were fooked financially. I'm awaiting the anti american propoganda to start.

its already started over in rawk, i think a few of them are claiming they were present in the vietnam war when henry systematically raped an entire village whilst screaming "charlie in the bushes" over and over again at the top of his voice

I wonder if the club scrapped Pacheco's loan because no additional strikers were arriving during this window. If not, why on earth was the club trying to move on another forward?

Someone needs to nail Mr agent to something that doesn't float and chuck it into the sea.

Rory Smith@RorySmithTimes
The underlying issue at #LFC, unpalatable though it is, is that last year's £100m drainpouring exercise will live with the club for years.

Doesn't matter what the net spend was. FSG had one big hit in them, even with the Torres money. Comolli and Dalglish wasted it.

@royhendo @Kristian_Walsh Take your point, but feel the "net spend" argument is used to cover a multitude of ills. Fine, maybe they only...

@royhendo @Kristian_Walsh ...spent £40m, not £100m. Whatever, that was the money they were prepared to invest of their own. After that...

@royhendo @Kristian_Walsh ...the club was going to have to be self-sufficient. They made that clear. That money - plus Torres - was blown.

Why net spend doesn't matter: FSG had one big hit, whether it was £40m or £100m. Made it clear it was self-sufficiency beyond that.

That £40m, or that £100m, was blown.There's no big investment coming. Sensible to live within means, of course, but hard to close a gap.

Sorry, it's late. Liverpool have knocked £450k p/w off the wage bill. That was why Carroll was loaned, I would guess.

Rory Smith can fuck off.

We all knew £ was tight and were realistic enough not to expect any big money signing(s) but we didn't expect to sell Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Carroll(loan) and Adam and replace them with just 2 players in Borini and Allen - good players that they are, we have nowhere near enough options in the final third.

I couldn't care less about not getting Dempsey but it's sad to once again see the club shoot itself in the foot.

How can this be the culmination of months of work?

We have one recognized striker in Suarez. Two if you count Borini who has played out wide more often than not in his senior career. And our most exciting attacking outlet on the wings so far is a 17 year old who needs time rather than pressure heaped onto his shoulders straight away.

I hope this Assaidi guy turns out to be great and this other 18 year old kid is not another random reservist we never hear from again. We need all the help we can get.

They & the club as a whole imo have been determined to show we aren't the same club that will be bent over.

Unfortunately it means we're less equipped to deal with this season. However we should, should have a solid amount to spend on in January, just gotta hope we're not royally fucked by then.

I don't think we will be, but I'm an optimist right now.

They & the club as a whole imo have been determined to show we aren't the same club that will be bent over.

Unfortunately it means we're less equipped to deal with this season. However we should, should have a solid amount to spend on in January, just gotta hope we're not royally fucked by then.

Yea we'll be fine, it's disappointing but it's only 4 months to January and Rodgers will be wise to how we're operating by then.

No panic buys, no more Andy Carrolls, always a good thing.

It's not about the Club showing they won't be bent over in the transfer market. It's about being realistic and understanding they need to fork out the £ if they want to sign a player, it's not rocket science.

In terms of Dempsey, it appears we missed out on him because we refused to go to £6m or thereabouts, now how exactly are we suppossed to sign players if that's the way the Club's going about their business?

What makes you think we will have money by jan?

If we actually play our strikers who can score through the middle we might actually not have to worry about scoring goals.

Just a thought.

You know what? I think we are better off not buying some fucking bag of shite at the eleventh hour.
Be happy. We will be alright guys. Now let's fucking kick Arse this Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom