• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Toronto Fc vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best player on the pitch was Pacheco. Everything good we did came from him.

I enjoyed that first half ... You can see what's developing here, and I like it!

Exactly and while some of Adam's long balls where good, Aquilani held and distributed the ball well. Both did good. He's still fat though.
What I wasn't impressed with is our tendency to hoof the ball instead of playing a simple pass. We don't need to be constantly attacking and force the ball forward.

I think it was good from him, but he seems to have the same quality of lacking the composure and decision making at the crucial moment which has always characterised his play from youth to reserves and on.

I feel the same thing about Adam and his quality on free kicks and corners today ... something we unfortunately never thought would characterize him after what he did at Blackpool. If Pacheco can create opportunities (I think 4 or 5 in the 1st half) - like Sinclair and/or Dyer did with Swansea - we'll be ok. And worst happens? We'll sell him for 5 million or something ...

A few people have mentioned it, and I do agree - there were very few long balls. Of the few we did see, a high % caused danger to the Toronto defense (Adam to Eccelstone, Adam to Pacheco etc)

If we were offered 5 million for him we'd sell tomorrow- about 5 times over.

Don't get me wrong, I had high hopes for Pacheco, and always liked him. He had the ability to make things happen. It's just he seems to lose composure at the crucial moment. I'd love him to get it right.

If we were offered 5 million for him we'd sell tomorrow- about 5 times over.

Don't get me wrong, I had high hopes for Pacheco, and always liked him. He had the ability to make things happen. It's just he seems to lose composure at the crucial moment. I'd love him to get it right.

I'd give him a year with Rodgers ... He has a good track record (see Sinclair for example). If there's no improvement this year - which I don't see happening - move him on (for his own benefit).

A few people have mentioned it, and I do agree - there were very few long balls. Of the few we did see, a high % caused danger to the Toronto defense (Adam to Eccelstone, Adam to Pacheco etc)
What I'm saying is, sometimes it's better to play a short pass to someone close to you than a cross field pass to someone on the opposite wing.
I can't be too harsh, Wisdom isn't a right back. Ibe is only 16/17. Spearing is a championship player.
It's our first pre-season game.

Anyway it's SUSO TIME!

Exactly and while some of Adam's long balls where good, Aquilani held and distributed the ball well. Both did good. He's still fat though.
What I wasn't impressed with is our tendency to hoof the ball instead of playing a simple pass. We don't need to be constantly attacking and force the ball forward.

Our long balls were from the midfielders and were because of poor movement by the forwards. The longs balls to the wings were fine, but through the middle there was no movement and no options beyond putting it over the top.

I thought our possession from the backs and through the midfield was very good and encouraging.

Not bad for the first pre season game, I agree about Pacheco, but I think Aquilani is having a good game, he always looks very silky on the ball.
Ebay has done well and had little from the ref. On the conformances of our two wide men Downing must be feeling a bit sick.
regards

Not bad for the first pre season game, I agree about Pacheco, but I think Aquilani is having a good game, he always looks very silky on the ball.
Ebay has done well and had little from the ref. On the conformances of our two wide men Downing must be feeling a bit sick.
regards
Yep they've been conforming pretty well to Rodgers tactics.

Suso does look strong on the ball, I was expecting him to be easily shrugged off the ball in all honesty. He and Sterling are already working nicely together.

The second half lot seem to get two touch a lot better. Joe Cole likes to hold onto the ball a bit too much for my like though. This commentator also is rubbish with names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom