• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The search for a new DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like your post, very well detailed and helps to compartmentalize the discussion and your options:

• Sangare - From what I read I thought Sangare was actually one of the best midfielders in France even though that team got relegated (kind a like the Lavia of his time I guess). I do see the signing as a risk, but at that price don't you think it's worth it and also given he has a release clause from all the reports, its the easiest one for our incompetent team to maybe do and guarantee that we have a body in DM with experience plus knows one of our best players in Gakpo.
  • Fofana - 100% agree on this, and I think he is the type of player Klopp could make into something even better, plus we have Konate to talk him through in French if he don't speak English. I really like the look of him from the clips I have seen - looks solid.
  • Gravenberch - I thought he was ok in the U21 - but is he a DM though ? - what we need right now is a 100% DM with immediate affect. Is he really going to fit in with us - I don't know about players from Ajax coming straight to us (I say straight because he has hardly played any time worthy of note at Bayern). I would put him in Option 2.
  • Luis and Dacoure - too expensive, anything north of £40M - you really want them to be a good passer of the ball don't you ? - from what I have read Dacoure is a bit shit at passing. Luis - those loan spells, did he do well ? did he fit in ? - or is he only comfortable playing in his own league ?
As for Option 4 - I am always open to this - its the Liverpool way and a way to say FUCK YOU to the rest of the leagues.

Oh and your point 3 - if we sign no-one - I will actually laugh my head off and think that Klopp actually wants to leave. We saw before our own eyes last season how both Fabinho/Henderson became cones in front of our defence, and then if we take that forward into this season - our solution is to get rid of about 5 CM's including those cone imitators and replace them with nothing. I know that they were the problem last season but does Klopp actually think getting rid of the problem and not getting a solution in - is the way to go about it ?

You will always be my favourite loon.

I think you’ve sold me on Fofana - but let’s not get depressed when it doesn’t happen - I mean we should - Monaco will deal, we gave a good relationship with them - they’re not prone to carrying out their business on Twitter.

I can get on the Fofana train with you.

Luis - again I wouldn’t read too much into his loans as a younger player - but, also I agree he needs a little bit more of a sense check.

Doucoure - I’d be careful of reading too much into his passing stats - Palace aren’t a possession team and he’ll be hitting lower percentage success longer faster passes which could skew his passing stats. Let’s face it - his main job will be to pass it to Trent.

Sangare… I really don’t know enough about him, to be honest, her feels like a squad filler - which isn’t what we need.

Gravenberch - I’d agree - there’s talent there, but is he what we need and is that talent going to emerge or is he not cut out for a top tier club.

This is where our stattos, scouts, coaches, etc are supposed to be incisive, make decisions , find the answers and they our acquisitions team just fucking get it done - dont mind a bit of haggling or lobbing grenades in at the last minute - but get it fucking done - do what every other team does - tap the fucker up, offer him more than everyone else and hope Boehly has put his dick away for a bit.

I actually like your post, very well detailed and helps to compartmentalize the discussion and your options:

• Sangare - From what I read I thought Sangare was actually one of the best midfielders in France even though that team got relegated (kind a like the Lavia of his time I guess). I do see the signing as a risk, but at that price don't you think it's worth it and also given he has a release clause from all the reports, its the easiest one for our incompetent team to maybe do and guarantee that we have a body in DM with experience plus knows one of our best players in Gakpo.
  • Fofana - 100% agree on this, and I think he is the type of player Klopp could make into something even better, plus we have Konate to talk him through in French if he don't speak English. I really like the look of him from the clips I have seen - looks solid.
  • Gravenberch - I thought he was ok in the U21 - but is he a DM though ? - what we need right now is a 100% DM with immediate affect. Is he really going to fit in with us - I don't know about players from Ajax coming straight to us (I say straight because he has hardly played any time worthy of note at Bayern). I would put him in Option 2.
  • Luis and Dacoure - too expensive, anything north of £40M - you really want them to be a good passer of the ball don't you ? - from what I have read Dacoure is a bit shit at passing. Luis - those loan spells, did he do well ? did he fit in ? - or is he only comfortable playing in his own league ?
As for Option 4 - I am always open to this - its the Liverpool way and a way to say FUCK YOU to the rest of the leagues.

Oh and your point 3 - if we sign no-one - I will actually laugh my head off and think that Klopp actually wants to leave. We saw before our own eyes last season how both Fabinho/Henderson became cones in front of our defence, and then if we take that forward into this season - our solution is to get rid of about 5 CM's including those cone imitators and replace them with nothing. I know that they were the problem last season but does Klopp actually think getting rid of the problem and not getting a solution in - is the way to go about it ?
We need a number 6, at this point I don't care we pay 50% above market value

Whatever happens next…. Please make sure @Fabio starts the thread - this shitshow is on those that disobeyed the newly empowered transfer window gods!!!!

My friends

I have explained

The universe will tell me when

In the lavia thread I tried to force it and look what happened.

We must biiiiiide our time

My friends

I have explained

The universe will tell me when

In the lavia thread I tried to force it and look what happened.

We must biiiiiide our time

I will biiiiiiiide my foot up yer hole if you don’t get the universe telt to get a move on!!!

@AnfieldEdition
| Liverpool have reactivated their pursuit of Ryan Gravenberch this week. The player is open to a move to England. Talks are ongoing with his entourage. [@Santi_J_FM]

We need a number 6, at this point I don't care we pay 50% above market value

Value is always important @bluebell - seriously - I was disgusted when we put that money in for Caicedo - 100M+ for a f*cking DM ? - give me a break. What we see now is actually demand outstripping supply of DM's - very unusual this for the DM market - maybe in Actuarial science this would be deemed a 1 in a million event that is taking place. Fucking DM's - LOL !!!!

Good performance against us at Anfield:

How much is he realistically going to cost us ? - if it's 70M - NO F*CKIN WAY, Lets just register an actual cone instead and keep it in front of the defence - it will be no different to last season.

Couldn't make this up.

Well it makes sense - we have been linked to so many targets, that it none of these players trust us, and I bet Cody Gakpo is on the phone to his dutch mates telling them "Don't come here, the coach is a nutcase that will play you in goal or some shit like that, and make you run around until your cock drops off"

Well it makes sense - we have been linked to so many targets, that it none of these players trust us, and I bet Cody Gakpo is on the phone to his dutch mates telling them "Don't come here, the coach is a nutcase that will play you in goal or some shit like that, and make you run around until your cock drops off"
Lol, orrrrrrrr he might be telling them "please come here, so the coach stops playing me in fucking midfield so my cock doesn't drop off"

Last edited:
We get Gravenberch, Doucoure and Inacio, we will be challenging. This will allow Trent to go on maroding runs without having to worry about having what holes he has left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom