• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Paris Olympics

Athens

Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed]
Normally I don't particularly care for the Olympics all that much but it's good for a bit of drama now and again. Who can forget that time that thing happened and the favourite lost out on their medal to an underdog? Or that other time that thing happened and they cried like a big girl?

Anyway, the best thing about the Olympics is stumbling across some random sport and suddenly being incredibly invested in it. Like curling. But that's the winter Olympics.

Any sports or athletes we should be looking out for?

The future of British athletics is looking in great shape!

View: https://youtu.be/CDhpYWbLZok?si=HqWxvNIBX84n5XIc

I typically get invested in the multi disciplinary events. For me these produce the most talented athletics and with each athlete having different strengths it makes following each event the most interesting.

Swimming is the shittest sport imaginable. Too many events, disciplines. It drags out endlessly.

For some reason I often find the beach volleyball is compelling viewing
Mens' or womens'?

Swimming is a bit crap, well, the straight forward "who can swim the fastest" is fine, but yes there are too many variations.

I'll probably watch some track and field events and the basketball.
That's basically it for me.

I love the Olympics, watch as many sports as I can, become "an expert" for a few weeks, and then forget about most of them again for 4 years.

Also, this opening ceremony is making all previous ones seem a bit shit.

I love the Olympics, watch as many sports as I can, become "an expert" for a few weeks, and then forget about most of them again for 4 years.

Also, this opening ceremony is making all previous ones seem a bit shit.

You liked the opening ceremony? I thought it was shite myself. But each to their own I guess.

Can’t believe I’m watching Modo v Stevie in beach volleyball. Gotta up your game Stevie boy, that ass taking some severe whooping….anyway enough of this shit.

When’s the women’s hockey?

Can’t believe I’m watching Modo v Stevie in beach volleyball. Gotta up your game Stevie boy, that ass taking some severe whooping….anyway enough of this shit.

When’s the women’s hockey?
I can't believe Sweden is better than Australia at it. We've got like 2 months of summer, tops.

I can't believe Sweden is better than Australia at it. We've got like 2 months of summer, tops.

I wasn't familiar with your game.

UK has even less than than yet they always seem to creep in the top 3-4 for medals won.

Because it's a bunch of drag queens posing like the da Vinci painting of the last supper

Because they want you to know that they have the right to come after your kids too. So the next time the alphabet community say they're marginalised or oppressed or whatever, think again.

What's next ? Pedophiles get rights too ? And we celebrate them ?

The West has lost its moral compass. That's the price we will have to pay when we demand all the freedom in the world to do whatever the hell we like.

Mens' or womens'?

Swimming is a bit crap, well, the straight forward "who can swim the fastest" is fine, but yes there are too many variations.

It's all about the underwater camera angles.

Back when it was just a bunch of guys jumping into the pool then reappearing at the other end it was pretty boring.

Back
Top Bottom