• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer summary 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're spending around £20 million on Ilori and Sakho, we're pretty much skint now.

Yep, that's why I always thought the 20M+ attacker would only be bought to replace Suarez and the majority of our transfer funds would be used to patch up the defense. In the end, that's what happened even though it did seem that we were ready to splash for "marquee" attacking signing at some point.

We still might sell Skrtel though.

Balance sheet
+28.4m sales profit (Carroll, Spearing, Downing and Shelvey)
-42.6m expenditure (Iago, Ilori, Sakho and Alberto and Simon)
=
-14.2m NET SPEND.

+22,000,000 Per annum wages removed (Carroll, Suso, Spearing, Wilson, Carragher, Downing, Reina, Shelvey, Gulacsi)
-12,660,000 Per anum wages added (Iago, Mignolet, Sakho, Ilori, Kolo, Cissokho and Alberto)
=
+9,340,000 PER ANNUM saved.

Total window expenditure
FOR:
Iago Aspas
Simon Mignolet
Mamadou Sakho
Tiago Ilori
Kolo Toure
Aly Cissokho
Luis Alberto

Whatever you can say, you cant say we havnt done BRILLIANT business.
We have really got value for money.

Where is Moses to lead us across the River Jordan and into the land flowing with milk and honey?

Ok now we have Moses on board, hopefully not 40 years in the wilderness....

The original Moses may be a (very) distant relative of mine. He belonged to the same tribe of Israel as my maternal grandmother.

And before anyone asks: no, I never met him.

What a biblical coincidence - I believe the original Adam & Eve are distant relatives of mine!

But only in the creationist universe

Wow, so yes, if we may the CL and we did it on the back of. A 4m net outlay, it would be incredible.

As yes, it looks like an incredible piece of commercial engineering.

The wages pieces is the best of all

4,860,000 to get 7 players. They effectively cost 700k each 🙂

Not to mention resale value. Very inspiring.

mymutepe.jpg

"Can you see me mum? Can you? Yeah, the fat bastard at the back holding a phone to his head."

Hahaha. To make it clear, that is not me.

There's no fucking way if leave this house today unless it was on fire. I think I may be welded to the couch.

Mucky-cock-fuck-shit! Apologies! Great work Ruikbird, Binny & Herr Onceared, best thread of the transfer window, cheers guys.

Thanks everyone, this was fun 🙂 Big thanks to Oncy!

Edit: I updated it for the "final" post-window look. The only thing that might change is one or two players going out on loan. I'll update when that happens.

The loan fees (both in and out) should be taken into account to come to a more realistic net transfer spend. The same should apply for loan player wages also. Can't be sure if the same has been calculated.

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering bout the wage bill and how that works.
Do we have a set amount for wages and another for agent fees and another for transfers etc.

The loan fees (both in and out) should be taken into account to come to a more realistic net transfer spend. The same should apply for loan player wages also. Can't be sure if the same has been calculated.

Ideally yes, but the problem is most loan fees are not announced. We know what we paid for Cissoko or Moses, but don't know what Sunderland paid for Borini or Almeria for Suso, for instance. It's hard to compare and figures are all relatively small, so at this point I thought it's best to ignore them.

If anybody comes across any concrete figures about our loaned players, please post them here and I'll update.

Ideally yes, but the problem is most loan fees are not announced. We know what we paid for Cissoko or Moses, but don't know what Sunderland paid for Borini or Almeria for Suso, for instance. It's hard to compare and figures are all relatively small, so at this point I thought it's best to ignore them.

If anybody comes across any concrete figures about our loaned players, please post them here and I'll update.

Don't think Almeria paid anything for him. They're actually doing us a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom