• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Scouse Fringe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
So we have a number of players re-joining or re-presenting for pre-season. Who's in, who's out (on loan) and who's for the chop (sold)?

Calvin Ramsey, 20, RB - Already confirmed to be loaned to Wigan in L1
Rhys Williams, 23, CB - Didn't play a single game last season due to injury
Nat Philips (yes, still!), 27, CB - last loan was to Cardiff. Think this is his last season under contract ?
Luke Chambers, 19, LB, Last loan was with L1 Wigan for second half of season
Sepp van den Berg, 22, CB - Last loan to Mainz 05. Wants a move
Owen Beck, 21, LB - Last loan was to Dundee

Fábio Carvalho, 21, AM - Last loan to Hull
Tyler Morton, 21, DM, unused in squad
James McConnell, 19, xM, made 9 appearances this season mainly as a DM
Trey Nyoni, 16, CM, used once last season (Fa Cup)
Bobby Clark, 19, CM, made 12 appearances last season

Ben Doak, 18, RW, knee injury sidelined him last season
Jayden Danns, 18, CF, made 5 appearances last season
Kaide Gordon, RW/LW, made 3 appearances last season
Lewis Koumas, CF, made one appearance and scored!

I've marked the four I think will get into the senior squad regularly.

I left out Adam Lewis, Melkamu Frauendorf & Mateusz Musialowski because the club have announced they are leaving

One incredible note is 37 year old Adrian has been offered, yet another, contract! Hopefully as coach

I left out Adam Lewis, Melkamu Frauendorf & Mateusz Musialowski because the club have announced they are leaving

One incredible note is 37 year old Adrian has been offered, yet another, contract! Hopefully as coach
There was reports he’s rejected the deal.

So we have a number of players re-joining or re-presenting for pre-season. Who's in, who's out (on loan) and who's for the chop (sold)?

Calvin Ramsey, 20, RB - Already confirmed to be loaned to Wigan in L1
Rhys Williams, 23, CB - Didn't play a single game last season due to injury
Nat Philips (yes, still!), 27, CB - last loan was to Cardiff. Think this is his last season under contract ?
Luke Chambers, 19, LB, Last loan was with L1 Wigan for second half of season
Sepp van den Berg, 22, CB - Last loan to Mainz 05. Wants a move
Owen Beck, 21, LB - Last loan was to Dundee

Fábio Carvalho, 21, AM - Last loan to Hull
Tyler Morton, 21, DM, unused in squad
James McConnell, 19, xM, made 9 appearances this season mainly as a DM
Trey Nyoni, 16, CM, used once last season (Fa Cup)
Bobby Clark, 19, CM, made 12 appearances last season

Ben Doak, 18, RW, knee injury sidelined him last season
Jayden Danns, 18, CF, made 5 appearances last season
Kaide Gordon, RW/LW, made 3 appearances last season
Lewis Koumas, CF, made one appearance and scored!

I've marked the four I think will get into the senior squad regularly.

Stay:
Ramsey
Morton
McConnell
Clark
Danns
Gordon
Koumas

The rest will be loaned or sold. Even mad wee Ben. 2 years of injuries and lack of development is unfortunate for the kid but that’s the cut throat business side of the game.

Stay:
Ramsey
Morton
McConnell
Clark
Danns
Gordon
Koumas

The rest will be loaned or sold. Even mad wee Ben. 2 years of injuries and lack of development is unfortunate for the kid but that’s the cut throat business side of the game.
I think Owen Beck will be a defo keeper given our current options at LB.

Also you didn't read what I wrote! Ramsey is already loaned to Wigan

I think Owen Beck will be a defo keeper given our current options at LB.

Also you didn't read what I wrote! Ramsey is already loaned to Wigan
We will keep him on our books for the time being even though he’s out next season. The rest will either be loaned out till out of contract or be sold. I didn’t articulate that in my post.

I don't want to write the lad off too soon but Ben Doak is giving me "Scottish Jack Wilshere" vibes - a promising player who's still dining out on some highlight reel stuff from a few years back, but who spends so much time on the treatment table that we may never know how good a player he could have been.
It's mad that he got called up for Scotland for the Euros before, predictably, pulling out with injury. I know the Scottish squad isn't packed with attacking talent, but the lad has barely kicked a ball 18 months and still got called up. He must have been amazing for Celtic's reserves.

Ben Doak interview prior to pulling out with unspecified injury

“I was training on my own for a while, just desperate to get back in, but the physios just told me ‘look, you’re not ready, take your time, you’ll be in when we think you’re in your best shape’,” he explained. “I went back into training last week of the season, so I’ve been training for maybe two or three weeks now and I feel great. I just can’t wait to get back kicking a ball.”

Doak added: “Before I got the injury I played a fair few games [for the first team], I got my first starts. It was pretty difficult for young players to get into the squad at that time. Obviously as the season went on all the young lads at Liverpool started to do well, scoring a few goals here and there, so it was gutting to see that. But when I got injured I just kind of put [the Euros] to the back of my head, I wasn’t expecting to even be back fit in time. But here I am!”

Doak appears likely to make the plane to Germany, however, and believes he gained vital experience in his five outings with Liverpool in the campaign just gone.

“Us being in the Europa League really helped,” he reflected. “I started in the League Cup, I did decent there, then two or three Europa League games, did decent in those. There was one or two where I was just OK, but it was good to learn what it’s like to play away in Europe. It’s a lot tougher than what you think, but that’s only going to get you better as a player anyway. It was a really good experience and it was good to get a few games under my belt.”

Most will leave, if not this summer, probably the next.
The ones nearing 20 will be loaned out, the ones over will be sold.
The clear majority of those players are somewhere between average and decent. Not really LFC material skill wise.

Even when Doak plays, I didn't see much of any attributes that tells me he is going to make it. So far he looks like a kick and run merchant, and we know that usually don't end up well. I know he is 18, but Bobby Clark is 19 and he has looked far more established than Doak while playing in central midfield.

Good to see an early loan sorted for Ramsay. That is best for him with Bradley covering that back up RB slot (unless Slotto pops Trent straight into CM).

I don't want to see Carvalho back in the squad. He was good at Hull, and that is his level. He doesn't command any particular position, and we have someone already in that guise who is levels above in terms of quality (Elliot). I think he'd be a good loan or sale to a club in the Championship hoping to secure promotion, as he proved this year at Hull.

Rhys Nat Beck - Sell

Sepp Fabio Morton - Homegrown keepers

Loan the rest (ideally no SPL clubs). Quite refreshing tracking the progress of the loanees.

I expect clubs are wise to Edwards asking mad prices but we may get a few hooks anyway. This summer may finally be the one where we sell Big Nat

The thing I like about Carvalho is that he clearly gets goals. For that reason I'd like to see him in the squad

9 goals in 20 starts in the championship. Decent. But not great for a 21 year old

It's better than 10 goals in 45. Which is what Watkins was doing.
Better than 15 goals in 42. Which is what Solanke was doing.
Toney was doing similar at that age........in league 1.

& Fabio was being played across the front 4.

Tbf Jordan Rhodes did score 29 in 45 so I guess he has some way to go to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom