• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Worthington Cup - Wed 20:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
It’s roooooootation time, or is it?

I want full rotation here, give playing time to those who needed it & have something to prove and rest those who we are relying on. I think a few First XI lads will be sprinkled in though.

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Tsimikas

Endo
Morton
Jones

Chiesa
Nunez
Gakpo

Kelleher
Bradley Quansah Virgil Kostas
Endo Morton
Nyoni
Chiesa Nunez Gakpo

Ideally we would've signed a new DM to partner Endo in games like these but hey ho....a chance hopefully for Morton/Nyoni to show what they're about.

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Van Dijk (early sub)
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravy (early sub)
Jones

Chiesa ( probably Salah)
Jota (early sub)
Gakpo

I think Jota starts since he stayed on the bench on the Bournemouth game.

No chance that Morton and Nyoni start the game.

No chance that Morton and Nyoni start the game.

The chances are smaller than slim, Arne doesn't appear to be keen to hand out minutes to the kids, especially with it being his first season and whatnot but it'd be pretty cool if they did, we still won in convincing fashion and after the game we're all talking about what a special prospect we have on our hands.

These are the only games Morton/Nyoni will be able to play, my preference is we give them the opportunity regardless of the opposition to showcase their talent.

The chances are smaller than slim, Arne doesn't appear to be keen to hand out minutes to the kids, especially with it being his first season and whatnot but it'd be pretty cool if they did, we still won in convincing fashion and after the game we're all talking about what a special prospect we have on our hands.
Dont get me wrong Nyoni is special and if we were playing Scunthorpe United he'd definitely play, but it's West Ham and they'll have their best on the pitch. You don't want men against boys in midfield cause Nyoni is only 17. He doesn't turn 18 until next year and he's still built like a kid. It's just too big of a risk to start him.
I think Slot will rotate, but I don't see it being a completely new XI even if its at home.
The boys get 4 days rest before this game and we play late on Saturday away against Wolves.
We'll be fine as long as he limits their minutes against WH.

Dont get me wrong Nyoni is special and if we were playing Scunthorpe United he'd definitely play, but it's West Ham and they'll have their best on the pitch. You don't want men against boys in midfield cause Nyoni is only 17. He doesn't turn 18 until next year and he's still built like a kid. It's just too big of a risk to start him.
I think Slot will rotate, but I don't see it being a completely new XI even if its at home.
The boys get 4 days rest before this game and we play late on Saturday away against Wolves.
We'll be fine as long as he limits their minutes against WH.
Nyoni played against men all pre-season, if you're good enough....you're....well, you know the rest.

If he's having an absolute stinker (I doubt he would), then just protect him like he did Quansah.

The midfield 3 have to be rested, it'd be absurd if any of them started this.....it might be West Ham but ultimately it's still the league cup.

West Ham are shite and the Hammer in work thinks they’ll be a second string that goes up. So even shitter. I think there will be major changes. Can’t see Chiesa starting. He was running through treacle after 10 minutes today so he will just be a last 30 player till he’s up to speed.

Nyoni played against men all pre-season, if you're good enough....you're....well, you know the rest.
True, but it's pre season, players don't really go all out. I think you need to be a bit careful with Nyoni and this is despite me normally being a "sink or swim" kind of guy. Bring him on after 60 mins I say.

Not sure why no Endo on the bench today but hopefully he plays this, Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Gomez, Tsimikas, Morton, Endo, Jones, Chiesa, Nunez,Gakpo. The cavalary can be on the bench in case we need them.

Not sure why no Endo on the bench today but hopefully he plays this, Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Gomez, Tsimikas, Morton, Endo, Jones, Chiesa, Nunez,Gakpo. The cavalary can be on the bench in case we need them.

Is it because we can only have 9 players on the bench and all the players on the bench yesterday are better than him?

I’m torn between Brizzles team and one with less changes to at least have some sort of consistency.

For me, Kelleher, Bradley, Tsimikas, Quansah & Gakpo definitely start.

You might make a case for Jaros.

Depends on where CJ & Cheesie’s fitness is at as to whether they start.

Gomez, Endo & Morton could do with game time - whether that’s starting or coming on early in the second half is probably to do with CJ & Cheesie.

Jota could start, given he was the only forward not involved against B’mouth, but it’d be tempting to let Donkey start again.

Virgil, Robbo, Mac A & Diaz would be the ones I’d definitely not start.

50/50 on Slobbers - depends on CJ.

Mo… depends on Cheesie.

Nyoni should be on the bench.

Kelleher
Bradley Quansah Virgil Kostas
Endo Morton
Jones
Cheesie Nunez Gakpo

For all the twaddle in the summer about our squad, the above IS a 'B' team and it's fucking strong! Just one 'A' teamer in it.

Kids on the bench plus Salah and Diogo

This is the perfect moment to remind everyone of the disastrous decision to send Bajcetic out on loan to Salzburg.

This is the perfect moment to remind everyone of the disastrous decision to send Bajcetic out on loan to Salzburg.
He will get regular starts at a decent level with the bonus of 8 Champions League games. Was apparently MotM in his first game

He will get regular starts at a decent level with the bonus of 8 Champions League games. Was apparently MotM in his first game
Agreed, but I'd prefer him on our bench as I think we're short in the midfield dept.

Rest the following completely,

VVD, Konate, TAA, Robbo, Macca, Gravy, Dom, Salah, Diaz.

Manage the minutes of Nunez, Gakpo, Chiesa and Jota.

The rest can be made up of fringe and youth players.

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Tsimi
Endo
Jones
Morton
Gakpo
Nunez
Jota

Would love to see Rio on the bench.