• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match thread: Leicester (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's thick, but he's clearly got a set way of playing and he's struggling to adjust. The only plus with him is he's tried to carry the play forward to get himself into a promising position, when he knows the pass isn't there. If he can continue doing that and get amongst the goals, when we do have a bit of movement back in there again, he'll be in the thick of it.

I get that he's inconsistent and doesn't always fulfill his potential, but he's a marvelous proposition when on his game and about as close as it gets to David Silva, he's still fairly young and will get better. Him and Lallana need a run together.

The problem for us is we then don't have anyone to bring off the bench to help change a match mark. I don't think Rodgers wants to have both Adam and Coutinho on the pitch to start as it leaves him no options. I'm almost the same; if I see them both starting I feel like "this better work to start with cause we've got nothing left".

I hope so, but he doesn't seem a quick learner. If he gets the ball just inside his opponent's half, and spots a teammate, he'll hit a beautifully judged and exquisitely timed long ball for them to run on to. When he's around the penalty area, however, he'll more than likely over-hit the pass or just hit a defender with it. He's been doing that for about two years. On the counter attack, in a deep position, he's always been a delight. Push him up against an organised defence and I'm not sure he's progressed at all since he's been here. If anything he's gone backwards. I know it doesn't sound like it but I'm a fan of his, he just frustrates me like mad. This game tonight is one he should run like a puppet master, and it's high time he shows he can do it. Then he needs to push on and shine consistently in the really big matches.

I feel like that's a little unfair Macca. You were saying something similar recently at half time in a match. Coutinho then came out and dominated the pitch in the second half and was constantly frustrated by teammates failing to move. There's only so much we can expect him to do but, if he'd been playing today, I can pretty much guarantee that Sterling would have had a one v one with Kasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom