• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match thread: Leicester (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy and Schlupp are pacey as hell and will hurt us on the break when we lose the ball. Which I'm hoping we wont do to much.

I'd play Modos team. Maybe Starting Lallana and Moreno.

Yep, I'd play Modo's lineup as well. If we were at home or in good form or confident then I'd probably be keen on Lallana as well. But none of these apply so I'm happy with Allen.

I think Coutinho has been one of our better players in the last few weeks and he doesn't deserved to be dropped for anyone.

Yeh, it's baffled me everyone wants him dropped. I too think Lallana should play, but with Coutinho, not instead of.

Lallana's certainly good enough to play but that obviously doesn't mean he should play.

We're far more solid with Allen there and, right now, solid is what we need more of.

I don't really know where to post this, and won't start a new thread, but Suarez has yet to score a goal for Barcelona in La Liga (5 games now).

Once the drought hits 20 games, the buy back clause for 40,000,001 is set for us ...

The curse strikes again!!!!!

When will strikers ever learn.... One does not simply leave Liverpool!!!!

.... and if you do.... You do a "Rushy" and get your arse back here pronto before the curse takes hold.

Lallana's certainly good enough to play but that obviously doesn't mean he should play.

We're far more solid with Allen there and, right now, solid is what we need more of.

Yeh, thats true, it would be nice to find a way to fit them both in though.

Whatever our line up it's a pretty uninspiring bunch after the loss of Suarez and the injury to Sturridge. Very workmanlike and little or no star quality. Hope we can prize some cash out of the owners and buy some class.

I think Coutinho has been one of our better players in the last few weeks and he doesn't deserved to be dropped for anyone.

I like Coutinho and while I don't disagree with you, he's as frustrating as he is good.

The effort is there - the end product, not so much.

Inconsistency is his biggest problem - he'll come on - play with urgency, impress & deserve a start - then he'll be ineffectual & deserve dropped.

I agree, there is a temptation to say - "you got 10 games - you'll get picked, regardless - now get some consistency".

The same could be applied to Lallana.

Unchanged line up for me with them playing as they did second half from the start. Lots of players who are familiar with each other in Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo and Allen and we need to keep them playing together.

Lallana for Coutinho would be an acceptable change and maybe Can in for one of Allen or Lucas but would prefer to see as similar as possible.

I like Coutinho and while I don't disagree with you, he's as frustrating as he is good.

The effort is there - the end product, not so much.

Inconsistency is his biggest problem - he'll come on - play with urgency, impress & deserve a start - then he'll be ineffectual & deserve dropped.

I agree, there is a temptation to say - "you got 10 games - you'll get picked, regardless - now get some consistency".

The same could be applied to Lallana.

Well, my thinking is that Rodgers already made the decision to go with Coutinho over Lallana.

Now that Rodgers has done that it seems unfair to drop Coutinho given the way he's played (relative to the others in the team).

In the long term greater scheme of things, you can see what Rodgers is trying to do with our current set-up.

FB's & CB's brought in are young.

Can, replaces Lucas in the defensive midfield position & Markovic replaced Gerrard in the forward midfield position.

Forwards are young.

Well, my thinking is that Rodgers already made the decision to go with Coutinho over Lallana.

Now that Rodgers has done that it seems unfair to drop Coutinho given the way he's played (relative to the others in the team).

Yep - I can agree with that.

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has returned to full training but will not be ready to feature against Leicester City on Tuesday evening, Brendan Rodgers reported today.

The powerful Frenchman has not taken to the field for the Reds since the Capital One Cup encounter with Middlesbrough on September 23, due to a thigh injury.
His recovery has taken another step forward as he rejoined his teammates at Melwood over the weekend, although the No.17 requires more time to regain match fitness.
Mario Balotelli will also not be available for selection when Rodgers' charges attempt to record a second successive Barclays Premier League victory at the home of the Foxes.
"The squad will be pretty much the same," the boss said at his pre-match press conference. "Sakho trained yesterday with the team for the first time, but won't be match-ready yet. And Mario is still not fit."

Coutinho's biggest problem is he is impatient. If nothing is happening in front of him he tries to make it happen and either gives the ball away or his imagination is on another planet to everyone else's. He can be brilliant and I love him, but he can be frustrating and the cause of numerous breakaways for the opposition. He needs to learn to hang onto the ball a little longer and not force the issue.

We've got to go with the diamond tomorrow. Leicester's defence is there for the taking - let Lambert and Borini get their goal.

It also gives the benefit of playing Sterling centrally behind the front two.

Coutinho's biggest problem is he is impatient. If nothing is happening in front of him he tries to make it happen and either gives the ball away or his imagination is on another planet to everyone else's. He can be brilliant and I love him, but he can be frustrating and the cause of numerous breakaways for the opposition. He needs to learn to hang onto the ball a little longer and not force the issue.

Coutinho's biggest problem is that there is no movement infront of him, it's why he's looked so blunt all season. He's gone from having two/three mobile, quick and interchanging attackers infront of him, to Balotelli and latterly, Lambert.

Yup - it's what I said when we sold him that he'd struggle and I wasn't sure he'd even hit 20 la liga goals ... However, if all the grumbling of Messi leaving are true, he'll dominate next year.

Way too early to suggest he's struggling mate.

By the time the season's over he'll have been scoring at a rate equivalent to 20 goals - I've got no doubt.

But, Messi or no Messi, he's not going to have the same role, not going to have the same level of fun and thrill, that he got playing for Liverpool. I'd love to see him come back and help Gerrard to the title before he retires but it's not going to happen.

Either way, once he's back to fitness, sharp and confident he'll start putting them away for Barca. He's a huge X-factor in determining the La-Liga winners. If he gets fit and sharp he could become near unplayable, go on a run and fire Barca to 15 straight wins which would surely take them to the title.

Way too early to suggest he's struggling mate.

By the time the season's over he'll have been scoring at a rate equivalent to 20 goals - I've got no doubt.

I don't think he's struggling -- I think he has 4 assists, I just didn't think he'd be able to replicate his goal scoring form at previous clubs due to how Barca is set up ...

Would really like to think we'll have too much for these, but taking nothing for granted.

C'mon til fuck Reds!!!

Sakho's back in training at long last. The adamantine beast who broke all the training machines has finally recovered from his paper cut or whatever it was. Meanwhile, Nugent is a doubt for them.

Coutinho's biggest problem is that there is no movement infront of him, it's why he's looked so blunt all season. He's gone from having two/three mobile, quick and interchanging attackers infront of him, to Balotelli and latterly, Lambert.

Of course there is no movement .... but Coutinho's problem is he still persists with attempted forward passes as if there were ! He needs to rein them in a tad and play more to the other players strengths rather than asking them to become Studge or Luis. When he goes on those slaloming runs then others around him should (and do) get ready for the lay-off or stabbed pass, that is far more dangerous as he has then sucked in defenders.

For such an intelligent player, Coutinho is staggeringly thick

I don't think he's thick, but he's clearly got a set way of playing and he's struggling to adjust. The only plus with him is he's tried to carry the play forward to get himself into a promising position, when he knows the pass isn't there. If he can continue doing that and get amongst the goals, when we do have a bit of movement back in there again, he'll be in the thick of it.

I get that he's inconsistent and doesn't always fulfill his potential, but he's a marvelous proposition when on his game and about as close as it gets to David Silva, he's still fairly young and will get better. Him and Lallana need a run together.

His final pass usually lets him down. The other day he dribbled past players then couldn't pass it 5 yards

I don't think he's thick, but he's clearly got a set way of playing and he's struggling to adjust. The only plus with him is he's tried to carry the play forward to get himself into a promising position, when he knows the pass isn't there. If he can continue doing that and get amongst the goals, when we do have a bit of movement back in there again, he'll be in the thick of it.

I get that he's inconsistent and doesn't always fulfill his potential, but he's a marvelous proposition when on his game and about as close as it gets to David Silva, he's still fairly young and will get better. Him and Lallana need a run together.
He's not close to silva though mark

Yes he can pick a killer pass, but he's set on the "flick, flick, pass to space" attitude he's had since he arrived.

The fact that he seemingly can't adjust is bizarre

I think we're overcomplicating this, he's still only 22 and growing as a footballer, I don't think it's that he can't adjust, it's just that he's not ready yet (at that kind of level). I imagine by the time he reach's 24/25 (the age Silva was when he joined City) he'll be a monster.

I think we're overcomplicating this, he's still only 22 and growing as a footballer, I don't think it's that he can't adjust, it's just that he's not ready yet (at that kind of level). I imagine by the time he reach's 24/25 (the age Silva was when he joined City) he'll be a monster.

I hope so, but he doesn't seem a quick learner. If he gets the ball just inside his opponent's half, and spots a teammate, he'll hit a beautifully judged and exquisitely timed long ball for them to run on to. When he's around the penalty area, however, he'll more than likely over-hit the pass or just hit a defender with it. He's been doing that for about two years. On the counter attack, in a deep position, he's always been a delight. Push him up against an organised defence and I'm not sure he's progressed at all since he's been here. If anything he's gone backwards. I know it doesn't sound like it but I'm a fan of his, he just frustrates me like mad. This game tonight is one he should run like a puppet master, and it's high time he shows he can do it. Then he needs to push on and shine consistently in the really big matches.

I hope so, but he doesn't seem a quick learner. If he gets the ball just inside his opponent's half, and spots a teammate, he'll hit a beautifully judged and exquisitely timed long ball for them to run on to. When he's around the penalty area, however, he'll more than likely over-hit the pass or just hit a defender with it. He's been doing that for about two years. On the counter attack, in a deep position, he's always been a delight. Push him up against an organised defence and I'm not sure he's progressed at all since he's been here. If anything he's gone backwards. I know it doesn't sound like it but I'm a fan of his, he just frustrates me like mad. This game tonight is one he should run like a puppet master, and it's high time he shows he can do it. Then he needs to push on and shine consistently in the really big matches.

Yeh, thats understandable, he oozes such class and confidence at times that you expect him to get it right in those positions. I really think it's a case of experience and growing for him, personally I do think he's improved in that aspect from when we bought him (specifically in finding space to shot in and around the box) but you'd definitely have hoped his progression would be quicker. If I was Brendan I'd try my best to get Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana playing as many games as possible together, I think they could be great together once they form a proper understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom