• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match thread: Leicester (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Tuesday, December 2, 7:45 PM (GMT)

Leicester players out: Hammond, Upson

Last four league games: LLDL

Last line up:

4tukva.jpg

Another scrappy win hopefully ... We need to string 'em together ... This season isn't over, not by a long shot - and the players are desperate for confidence, which is what a few wins on the trot will do.

Another scrappy win hopefully ... We need to string 'em together ... This season isn't over, not by a long shot - and the players are desperate for confidence, which is what a few wins on the trot will do.
It's not over (and way too early for histrionics posted), I thought I read that if we win every game from now on, we'll have the same amount of points as last season 🙂

Exploit their fullbacks.

Play with a 4-3-3 line up. Keep tabs on Ulloa.

vi1a3t.jpg

Vardy and Schlupp are pacey as hell and will hurt us on the break when we lose the ball. Which I'm hoping we wont do to much.

I'd play Modos team. Maybe Starting Lallana and Moreno.

I don't really know where to post this, and won't start a new thread, but Suarez has yet to score a goal for Barcelona in La Liga (5 games now).

Once the drought hits 20 games, the buy back clause for 40,000,001 is set for us ...

I don't really know where to post this, and won't start a new thread, but Suarez has yet to score a goal for Barcelona in La Liga (5 games now).

Once the drought hits 20 games, the buy back clause for 40,000,001 is set for us ...
Ha, right.

Had a goal unfairly ruled offside tonight.

There is no doubt he's not quite settled into the side yet though. There are the odd moments of recognizable Suarez brilliance but he's often on the periphery of the game. Strange to see. Life is going to be very different for him in the shadow of Messi.

Vardy and Schlupp are pacey as hell and will hurt us on the break when we lose the ball. Which I'm hoping we wont do to much.

I'd play Modos team. Maybe Starting Lallana and Moreno.

Moreno definitely for me

I don't mind either Enrique or Moreno. Schlupp could cause problems for either, but Enrique is better defensively, whereas Moreno has the pace to catch up

Moreno needs to learn that he can't just bomb on every time we go forward as the space he leaves behind isn't helping the left sided centre half. Having said that Enrique with the ball isn't up to much really. He played in a couple of decent crosses yesterday but most of his passing was dreadful. I lost count of how many times he played the ball straight out of play. You can be sure that if Moreno plays then Vardy will try to exploit his absence when he goes forward. Pity Flanagan isn't fit.

Has he? Thought he was at his wasteful worst again yesterday.

Because there was basically no movement infront of him.
I wouldn't mind seeing Lallana start, but mainly because of his understanding with Lambert.

Because there was basically no movement infront of him.
I wouldn't mind seeing Lallana start, but mainly because of his understanding with Lambert.

Having no movement is no excuse for constantly giving the ball away and/or taking the wrong option.

There's no doubt Coutinho has unbelievable ability, a joy to watch when he's on his game but honestly I find him massively frustrating and a big let down a lot of the time.

Obviously he's much more effective with pace and movement ahead of him, appreciate that, but like I say it's still no excuse for him being so poor at times.

Enrique should keep his spot as should the rest of the back 4 simply because they finally got us a clean sheet and I don't recall Enrique getting beaten in the game. Leicester are quick out wide and he is extremely hard to get past in a 1v1.
Stevie will return prob for Coutinho which I don't like.

Hopefully Lambert continues his form. 2 goals and an assist with our last 4 goals.

What keni says.

I'd pretty much play him ahead of any other forward thinking player we have.

I'm hoping the players (whoever starts) can begin to show a little more confidence and start games faster than they have so far. I think we have better quality than Leicester.

Had a goal unfairly ruled offside tonight.

There is no doubt he's not quite settled into the side yet though. There are the odd moments of recognizable Suarez brilliance but he's often on the periphery of the game. Strange to see. Life is going to be very different for him in the shadow of Messi.

Yup - it's what I said when we sold him that he'd struggle and I wasn't sure he'd even hit 20 la liga goals ... However, if all the grumbling of Messi leaving are true, he'll dominate next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom