• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pranjic Set For Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roopy

Very Active
Liverpool are reportedly closing in on Heerenveen winger Danijel Pranjic, in a deal believed to be worth around €9 million.

The Croatian international has long been linked with a move away from the Dutch side and he admitted recently that he would welcome a move to Anfield.

That move is now looking a little more likely with the Sunday Mirror reporting that he is set to become Rafael Benitez’s first summer signing.

The 26-year-old has been in excellent form for the Dutch side this season and has attracted interest from the likes of Sevilla and Real Betis.

It is Liverpool, however, who are clear favourites to claim his signature.

The British tabloid reports that Pranjic’s agent has been back and forth between the two clubs this week in a bid to discuss terms and seal the deal.

Heerenveen director Yme Kuiper has also admitted that the Reds are Pranjic’s preferred destination, saying, “We understand Liverpool is the club where Pranjic wants to go.â€

Pranjic has scored 16 goals this term and helped the Dutch side to ensure they will play in Europe next season.

However, Pranjic now appears set to leave the Eredivisie and should he complete his move to Anfield, this may even signal the end of Albert Riera’s Liverpool career.

Great were battling it out with Spanish Europapapapapapa cup sides for a chuffing croatian who is playing in chuffing Holland at 26.

Giggidy, I can't contain my excitement!

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=33397.msg863546#msg863546 date=1241958665]
Great were battling it out with Spanish Europapapapapapa cup sides for a chuffing croatian who is playing in chuffing Holland at 26.

Giggidy, I can't contain my excitement!
[/quote]

Innit.

Although I am also aware that sooner or later one of these £5-12M players, going by the law of averages should not play like chuffing Heather mills for the vast majority of the season.

So, fingers crossed.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33397.msg863553#msg863553 date=1241959382]
What's with all the chuffing ?
[/quote]
It's a very fashionable term with 'The Gays' apparently.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=33397.msg863555#msg863555 date=1241959583]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33397.msg863553#msg863553 date=1241959382]
What's with all the chuffing ?
[/quote]
It's a very fashionable term with 'The Gays' apparently.
[/quote]

An ickle bit ironic that isn't it?

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=33397.msg863552#msg863552 date=1241959166]
Although I am also aware that sooner or later one of these £5-12M players, going by the law of averages should not play like chuffing Heather mills for the vast majority of the season.

So, fingers crossed.
[/quote]

Fuck crossing fingers. Go out and invest in proven quality please, Rafa.

Spoke to some of my Croatian friends and they said he isn't starting quality for Liverpool, and would most likely be a player signed to add depth.

And said that it would probably mean the end of Dossena because Pranjic can also play left-back.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33397.msg863545#msg863545 date=1241958655]
anyone seen him play ?
[/quote]
another 7 million pound average squad player no doubt.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=33397.msg863562#msg863562 date=1241959870]
So Chuff isn't a synonym for gash/clunge/axewound?
[/quote]
Close.

If this is a sign of things to come this summer, I may as well just take a vacation from football till the start of next season. I'm sick of watching us waste our budget on useless unnecessary squad players every summer.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=33397.msg863693#msg863693 date=1241969649]
If this is a sign of things to come this summer, I may as well just take a vacation from football till the start of next season. I'm sick of watching us waste our budget on useless unnecessary squad players every summer.
[/quote]

i'd be happy with the summer if all we did was buy silva and a right back.

surely we can afford that after unloading the likes of degen, doseena, lucas and voronin?

I wouldn't.

With all the talk of Alonso / Masher going and <insert name of generic average 7m rated player here> coming, I'm preparing myself for a rather miserable summer.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=33397.msg863701#msg863701 date=1241970200]
I wouldn't.

With all the talk of Alonso / Masher going and <insert name of generic average 7m rated player here> coming, I'm preparing myself for a rather miserable summer.
[/quote]

you're making us feel depressed...

I'm guessing we won't sign him. We're linked with so many players it's ridiculous. Was it 95 or something? And most of them Rafa hadn't even shortlisted. This really doesn't sound like a 7 mill we'll splash out. Its only two days since rafa said we'll quality and first teamers.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen him play so can't really comment. The price doesn't bother me, i don't care if he's free or cost £20mil+, i just hope he's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom