• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pranjic Set For Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the Cro element of my team what he's like. They'd never heard of him. Doesn't bode well. Cro's rate fucking everything Croation - Their Eurovision entry is always the best of the lot.

Transfer Talk: Pranjic's "Unassumin Majesty"
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
In news that has left many unimpressed, Herenveen's Croatian winger Daniel Pranjic is being linked with a move to Liverpool. Although signing a twenty-six year old from a small Dutch club might mirror what Gerard Houllier did a decade ago with Sami Hyypia, it isn't something to look forward to especially when other stories are mentioning the likes of Carlos Tevez and David Silva.

Indeed, such is the eagerness to rush into judgement that Pranjic has already been written off as a waste of money. This despite that not only does it remain to be seen whether Liverpool really are interested in him but also the fact that in reality few have seen him play (Youtube doesn't count).

Someone who has seen a fair bit of Pranjic is the Guardian's correspondent on Dutch football Leander Schaerlaeckens and it seems that he's been impressed. Pranjic makes it into his team of the year from the Eredivisie.

Somewhat poetically, he says that "scoring 16 goals with insulting ease, Pranjic and his unassuming majesty led a drab Heerenveen to fifth place."

Interestingly, he chose Luis Suarez - another who has been linked with a move to Liverpool - say that "annoying many along the way, Suárez's star continued to rise and shone more brightly after the departure of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. His craftiness almost redeemed a fetid Ajax front-line – but not quite."

Now, neither of these comments should be taken as scouting reports on the value of the two players. Yet they at least add some insight on players who, in reality, 99% of the people talking about them know little of.

Pranjic issues 'come and get me' plea to Reds
By Richard Buxton - 28/05/2009 18:53
Danijel Pranjic has revealed that he would find it impossible to turn down a move to Liverpool.

The winger has been strongly linked with a move to Merseyside in recent weeks and, despite interest from Spain, the 27-year-old says that if he did leave Hereenveen it would only be for Anfield.

"For me it is really, really incredible if I imagine I can play for Liverpool," he said.

"It is a dream for every player, it is the biggest club in England.

"I am very fast, I can run a lot and I think that is what you need in England.

"If I can choose between England or maybe Spain, I would choose Spain because I like that kind of football, that kind of life.

"I like good weather and in England it is always raining and that is what I don't like about England.

"But if Liverpool come for me of course I cannot say no."

Croatian international Pranjic scored 16 goals this season for Hereenveen and helped them to their first ever Dutch Cup triumph.

[quote author=Danijel Pranjic link=topic=33397.msg877946#msg877946 date=1243544242]
I am very fast, I can run a lot [/quote]

Let's sign Forrest fucking Gump then.

Has anyone seen him play? Its amazing how people can make their mind up either way on a player without ever seeing him play.

[quote author=Foxwold link=topic=33397.msg877964#msg877964 date=1243545068]
Has anyone seen him play? Its amazing how people can make their mind up either way on a player without ever seeing him play.
[/quote]

But he's got a sh*t youtube video compilation?

The way I see it:

Good youtube compilation => *possibly* a good player/*possibly* a sh*t player

Sh*t youtube compilation => a shit player unquestionably.

Man Utd - Linked with Ribery and Benzema
Liverpool - Linked with a croatian no one has even hurd of, yeh, titles really coming home lads.....

Fucking bollocks this is.

So he's desperate to move to Liverpool, but Spain is his preference and he hates the weather here in England?

I hate the guy already.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=33397.msg877972#msg877972 date=1243545800]
So he's desperate to move to Liverpool, but Spain is his preference and he hates the weather here in England?

I hate the guy already.
[/quote]

Baptista part 2

Brilliant interview where he goes on to say that he'd rather play in Spain if given the choice, but of course wouldnt turn Liverpool down.

Cheers lad.

Bayern agree Pranjic deal
by Robin Hackett , 04 June 2009

Bayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign Croatia international Danijel Pranjic from Heerenveen.

The 27-year-old midfielder, who can also play at left wingback, was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool last month and admitted it would be a ‘dream’ to move to Anfield.

However, it is believed Bayern have now tied up a €10 million (£8.7m) deal for Pranjic and the player says he is delighted with the switch.

“I can say that I am overjoyed,†he said. “It is a great club.

“I will do all I can to justify the faith of [Bayern coach] Louis van Gaal.â€

Reports suggest the transfer could end any potential move for Barcelona's Alexander Hleb.

Most prob signed from recommendation of Van Gaal who saw at 1st hand how he performed in the Dutch league last season. Interesting to see if he's able to make the step up to tougher league.

Ah, Germany, the sunshine capital of the world....

This sounds like a bullet dodged.

He was one of the best left backs/wing backs in the Euros if I remember correctly. Will most definetly be a good signing for them.

Hahah. I love this thread. In summary - player linked with us, he's no more than average that average teams are after. Player goes to different club - shame that, he was one of the best players in the Euros.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=33397.msg882085#msg882085 date=1244116318]
He was one of the best left backs/wing backs in the Euros if I remember correctly. Will most definetly be a good signing for them.
[/quote]

I didn't say it was a shame though did I Sunny? 🙂

He was one of the better performers in the Euros in his position, and will be a good signing for them and will do well in the Bundesliga.
But I don't think he's good enough for us or the Premier League.

Big difference..

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33397.msg881996#msg881996 date=1244108235]

Bayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign Croatia international Danijel Pranjic from Heerenveen.

The 27-year-old midfielder, who can also play at left wingback, was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool last month and admitted it would be a ‘dream’ to move to Anfield.

However, it is believed Bayern have now tied up a €10 million (£8.7m) deal for Pranjic and the player says he is delighted with the switch.

Reports suggest the transfer could end any potential move for Barcelona's Alexander Hleb.

[/quote]

we can't even compete with bayern in the transfer market.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=33397.msg882102#msg882102 date=1244117317]
Wasn't having a go Hansern, just found it funny.
[/quote]

Yeah, it was, I read through the thread after seeing your comment 🙂

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=33397.msg882109#msg882109 date=1244118031]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33397.msg881996#msg881996 date=1244108235]

[/quote]

we can't even compete with bayern in the transfer market.
[/quote]

Using the "money" excuse will not be tolerated on here Skully!

smokescreens serve our purpose too

while the press are writing daily about our "targets" and their comments in the press Benitez is in Spain meeting our real targets in restaurants Don Corleone style

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=33397.msg882121#msg882121 date=1244118751]
smokescreens serve our purpose too

while the press are writing daily about our "targets" and their comments in the press Benitez is in Spain meeting our real targets in restaurants Don Corleone style

[/quote]

yea sign for us else the pet goldfish gets it. well we have nothing else to barter with really if yr referring to the silva rumors.

money for most players seems to matter more than ever before.

come on silva sign else its in the paella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom