• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Zubimendi

Playing with a DM in the Xabi mould again has me excited.

Bald manager
Same year as the Euros
Exactly 20 years ago
Golden boy angling for a move

To many similarities...

At the risk of dampening the excitement, Zubimendi is not really in the Xabi mould if you mean the long passing. More of a Busquets - reliable, tempo-controlling, not overly fancy.

At the risk of dampening the excitement, Zubimendi is not really in the Xabi mould if you mean the long passing. More of a Busquets - reliable, tempo-controlling, not overly fancy.

He isn’t afraid to progress forward with the ball though, something i don’t think you’d really say of Busquets.

Why dont you be honest, and say the facts straight....this guy is not a DM in reality he is an 8. Despite all the cheery mood .... splashing our money for DM on this guy is a risk.

I think Gravvy will be an understudy at #6, perhaps replacing Zubimendi in later part of the game when it becomes more stretched and his athleticism becomes a bigger asset.

Bajcetic can also learn a lot from Zubimendi, I’m sure.

There seems huge concensus in Spain that he's a very good player and lots of envy and disbelief coming from Barca and Arsenal fans we're getting this over the line.

Many in Spain were expecting him to sit tight and join Xabis Real Madrid. As if their midfield isn't stacked enough!

So I think, if Endo and Morton are sold/loaned respectively:

——————RCM/AM———
Szoboszlai
Elliott
—LCM——————
MacAllister
Jones
Nyoni
————-DM————
Zubimendi
Gravenberch
Bajcetic

——————RCM/AM———
Szoboszlai
Elliott
—LCM——————
MacAllister
Jones
Nyoni
————-DM————
Zubimendi
Gravenberch
Bajcetic
That’s some midfield group

Not sure I understand the grav dm argument. Off the ball, tackling, running, hustling, yet to see him offer much there. Defensive instincts?

——————RCM/AM———
Szoboszlai
Elliott
—LCM——————
MacAllister
Jones
Nyoni
————-DM————
Zubimendi
Gravenberch
Bajcetic

You could make an argument for Carvalho in that top group

Or Jones, move Gravy to LCM and have Morton as back up.

Love the signing if it comes off..Still think we need a similar calibre LB.

Not sure I understand the grav dm argument. Off the ball, tackling, running, hustling, yet to see him offer much there. Defensive instincts?
He did very well at #6 against United, I think Slot prioritizes on-the-ball qualities and there he shines - great at progressing the ball forward and making quick decisions. Off-the-ball still definitely needs work (hence Zubimendi purchase), but he should get progressively better at that side of the game as he matures.

Back
Top Bottom