• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas: I nearly left Liverpool under Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he would have fucked off. The useless cunt.

Now I feel kinda bad saying that because he's obviously a nice lad etc. But he really is a useless cunt.

Reactions: dee
Lucas doubles our goal scoring ..... wow!

Modo you're probably one of the few to be stupid enough to believe its Lucas and not the addition of two good attacking players in Sturridge and Coutinho that's increased our scoring rate. (As well as the soft opposition we faced during the time)

Lucas has a role to play. I personally don't believe that he alone is the one who caused the sudden influx of goals, but he positions himself well and does a good job protecting the back line as evident against Southampton.
We saw one half with and one half without Lucas and the difference to me was significant.

We've got a higher win percentage with him in the team than without.
Wheter or not thats because we dont have a midfielder with the same defensive focus is another matter.

We've got a higher win percentage with him in the team than without.
Wheter or not thats because we dont have a midfielder with the same defensive focus is another matter.

It's not about defensive focus imo, it's about intelligence. I mean look at how Alonso handled his defensive responsibilities, not the fastest and not the best tackler of the ball. But he's in the right place all the time.
I think Lucas is the same, he's not as dynamic as say Mascherano, but he holds his position.
Remember when Allen deputised for him and was all over the place?
And Allen isn't that bad at winning the ball. He's tenacious and works his socks off but he just doesn't position himself well.

It's because he played in the shit games because he's shit.

Do you know that your member number at SCM is 666?

[quote="Woland, post: 903617, member: 666"

Makes me wonder what's behind your mask?

Hey if Woland can call Lucas (an angel) a cunt, I'm calling the real useless cunt a cunt.

article-1388331-0C2849E300000578-179_634x442.jpg

Ah, methinks this is a fine spun-gold garland for my humble skull case, ha ha ha! Another spirit to be melted into air! Ha ha ha! And what, prithee, is the role you are preparing me for tonight, kind sir?

Er...It's for Act II, Scene 3, Sir Cedric.

Yes, yes, but the role, man, the ROLE???

Er..."Useless Cunt".

I thought Lucas was a terrible liability against Villa. Within the first 30 minutes he had given away three of his stupid free kicks. When he wasn't giving away senseless free kicks, he was passing the ball to Villa players.

He's been average or poor for most games this season IMO. We don't seem to have any midfielders with any presence apart from gerrard.

He's been average or poor for most games this season IMO. We don't seem to have any midfielders with any presence apart from gerrard.
And perhaps Henderson?

Otherwise agree, don't think Lucas will be in the starting XI come start next Season. Great squad player, not a starter, for me.

Even when he is poor, we are a better team with him in the side. I don't agree, KHL, I am quite confident he will be a starter next season.

I wondered how many freekicks he had to give away before getting a yellow card. He didnt get one despite so many fouls, if I remember.

I wondered how many freekicks he had to give away before getting a yellow card. He didnt get one despite so many fouls, if I remember.

I agree Lucas was lucky that Lee Mason didn't book him for persistent fouling. He is poor at tackling, which is a bit of a handicap for a defensive midfielder.

Even when he is poor, we are a better team with him in the side. I don't agree, KHL, I am quite confident he will be a starter next season.
I really don't see the logic in that Rurik.
When he is poor he is a liability as we saw in the Villa game. We really are a team that can do without people lumping free kicks in dangerous areas to a fucking big forward.

regards

I agree Lucas was lucky that Lee Mason didn't book him for persistent fouling. He is poor at tackling, which is a bit of a handicap for a defensive midfielder.

He was unlucky in that Rafa decided to turn him into one for whatever reason, when his career up till then had been as a more attacking player. Mikel at Chavski has had to contend with the same tinkering.

All defensive midfielders become DM's because they aren't good at attacking play. Lucas was awful for three years when given licence to attack.

It isn't unfortunate at all that he is now a DM, it's the only reason he's still at the club. He's been salvaged, not handicapped by the change

Tbf Rafa has a history of switching player positions. Sissoko for instance was an attacker when he joined Valencia. Rafa noticed that he was good at winning the ball and played him at DM.
Rafa also played David Luiz in midfield.

He was unlucky in that Rafa decided to turn him into one for whatever reason, when his career up till then had been as a more attacking player. Mikel at Chavski has had to contend with the same tinkering.

I agree with you Jules, I think that when we bought Lucas, he was what it said on the tin, a "box-to-box midfielder." Benitez relegated him to the role of Mascherano's little helper. Although I don't rate him as a defensive midfielder - indeed I have problems with the whole idea of defensive midfielders - I think it's to his credit that he accepted the role so willingly and has been such a loyal and self-effacing club man.

All defensive midfielders become DM's because they aren't good at attacking play. Lucas was awful for three years when given licence to attack.

It isn't unfortunate at all that he is now a DM, it's the only reason he's still at the club. He's been salvaged, not handicapped by the change

The highlighted bit isn't right. Mascherano for instance was always determined to be a DM and I'd be surprised if he were the only midfielder ever to have that preference. I would accept though that such a change has eventually helped Lucas' prospects at LFC, as he was indeed dire when played in the more mobile role.

Interestingly though, Lucas said in a recent interview that he found that he couldn't play box-to-box in the league, and thus decided to concentrate on being a defensive / holding midfielder after Benitez tried him there a few times. Some statements he made in the interview are a bit odd though.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lucas-i-had-no-option-but-to-change

Lucas: I had no option but to change

Lucas Leiva has spoken frankly about his struggle to cut it in the Premier League - admitting that he had 'no option' but to change his game in order to become a Liverpool regular.

In a new show that will air on LFC TV at 9pm GMT on Thursday night, the Brazilian talks openly with midfield legend Jan Molby about his difficult start to life in England.

Like Molby, Lucas recovered and went on to become a Kop favourite, but having arrived from Gremio in 2007 as an attacking midfielder, the 26-year-old had to sacrifice his offensive qualities to establish himself in the team.

He told Molby: "I had to change the way I played, used to play. I just thought I had no option.

"The way the Premier League is with the pace of the game and everything, I was not able to do that [be a box to box midfielder].

"I couldn't do it so I just felt, 'Listen, you have to understand that the league is different. If you want to be successful you have to change.'

"A holding position was a position that I felt more comfortable in.

"Rafa just played me there for a few games and then I started to adapt and play some good games.

"I got better as well, I went to the gym, went on the weights."

Lucas's performance in a deeper role became so consistently good that in 2010-11 he won 40 per cent of a fans' poll to be named the club's official Player of the Season.

He admits that one of the turning points in his Anfield career was the departure of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid in 2009.

"I think my third season," he explained. "It was when Xabi left. It was more pressure but I had the chance to play more games.

"In the first two seasons I was playing but not very often and I used to play maybe 15, 20 games, but coming on as a substitute from the bench is not the same.

"So, the third season when Alonso left I knew the pressure was so high but I had the chance. So I played that season maybe 60 games. Or 55. It was a lot.

"Of course Aquilani came to replace him and they didn't even remember me at that time, but Aquilani was injured so I just played, played and played. I think I did a good season.

"When I finished the season I felt really well and strong and then Rafa left the club, so it was an odd situation for me to think about.

"But maybe the last two seasons it's been a comfortable situation at the club."

The first edition of 'Then and Now' will premiere on LFC TV on Thursday night at 9pm - but LFC TV Online subscribers can enjoy it in full on demand now.

Tbf Rafa has a history of switching player positions. Sissoko for instance was an attacker when he joined Valencia. Rafa noticed that he was good at winning the ball and played him at DM.
Rafa also played David Luiz in midfield.
You didn't need to be Einstein to make the call on Luiz. A completely shit clueless defender, but clearly a decent footballer, I am amazed it took so long for someone to get on it.

The highlighted bit isn't right. Mascherano for instance was always determined to be a DM and I'd be surprised if he were the only midfielder ever to have that preference. I would accept though that such a change has eventually helped Lucas' prospects at LFC, as he was indeed dire when played in the more mobile role.

He started out as a centre back didnt he?

Not a defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom