• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Spurs : 20.00 Tuesday 10th Feb. 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibe has been head and shoulders above all our attackers.
He's giving Rose the runaround.
Get the feeling this could be a 4-3 classic.

Lovren on for Stevie, push Can into the middle of the pitch.

Swap Markovic & Ibe around & see if he gets more joy upfront.

Markovic hasn't been able to get onto many balls played through & studge isn't quite fast enough to tonight, Ibe should be able to, & at the very least can carry the ball further than either is managing at the moment.

I think these last two games have really exposed Hendo, there's been about a half dozen opportunities where he's gotten the ball with acres of space in front, and then turned around and passed it backwards. Not sure if it's a confidence issue, if he has to babysit Gerrard, or if he just doesn't see the space. But he's got full Glen Johnson syndrome at the moment.

We really should have put this game to bed after 30 minutes, but Sturridge isn't fit yet ...

We will get 2-3 more good chance sin the 2nd half ... if our defense (2 of 3 players have yellows) can hold them to 1 goal, we'll win this ...

COME ON YOU REDS.

Markovic hasn't been able to get onto many balls played through & studge isn't quite fast enough to tonight, Ibe should be able to, & at the very least can carry the ball further than either is managing at the moment.

Football Manager level tinkering that, I like it. Somebody get Rodgers on the blower.

I think Ibe is getting so much joy because he's running from deep. Further forward I think he'll get closed out a bit like marko has.

We desperately need more mobility in midfield though. Henderson looks terrified to go on further because he's scared about the space he's leaving. Wonder if that's why Emre has been given license to push on

Streams have been terrible for the last couple of games, so frustrating. I actually think I'd be more angry watching us win on a shit stream than lose on a good one.

I think these last two games have really exposed Hendo, there's been about a half dozen opportunities where he's gotten the ball with acres of space in front, and then turned around and passed it backwards. Not sure if it's a confidence issue, if he has to babysit Gerrard, or if he just doesn't see the space. But he's got full Glen Johnson syndrome at the moment.
He played like this until Stevie left the side, then came into his own. Now Gerrard is back in the side in the centre Hendo has reverted back to it.

It's no coincidence, but I couldn't tell you why, only guess that he's worried losing it will mean we're more exposed cos Gerrard can't turn at pace anymore (as I've pointed out a few times I believe!).

Usually I'm a big defender of Henderson but he's shitting it in attacking positions, reminds me of the groans when Carragher started playing fullback and always passed backwards or sideways. Fear or losing the ball and lack of faith in his own ability I think.

Ibe has been brilliant.

They just waltz with ease through our static midfield.
Missing Lucas.

Studge look half a yard off pace. Could have had a hat trick.

A bit concerned for the 2nd half when were not taking our chances. Spuds usually win 2-1.

Nah, Ibe is getting all of his joy running into space out wide. Best leave him there until that changes.

I'd consider bringing Lallana on for Markovic. It'll give us another worker at least and Lallana has his moments in tight spaces.

Absolutely furious right now.

Spurs really have a very ordinary central midfield and defence and we should be opening them up easily.

They're matching us however because Gerrard is leaving gaping holes in midfield.

It's fucking annoying - he's a terrible DM positionally - Henderson ends up staying and not pressing, Sakho ends up going too forward. The core is left completely unbalanced.

This game is for the taking as long as we control the deeper central areas - I can see us drawing or even losing if we don't change that.

I think Ibe is getting so much joy because he's running from deep. Further forward I think he'll get closed out a bit like marko has.

We desperately need more mobility in midfield though. Henderson looks terrified to go on further because he's scared about the space he's leaving. Wonder if that's why Emre has been given license to push on
That's why I want Stevie off & can in there, Can will boss the centre.

Watch Ibe's feet mate, he's a little wizard with enough strength to hold players off, he won't be able to run through to balls as often as you'd like but he'll be able to cause them problems & hold it up more often than not, & studge won't need many chances to bury what he creates.

Absolutely furious right now.

Spurs really have a very ordinary central midfield and defence and we should be opening them up easily.

They're matching us however because Gerrard is leaving gaping holes in midfield.

It's fucking annoying - he's a terrible DM positionally - Henderson ends up staying and not pressing, Sakho ends up going too forward. The core is left completely unbalanced.

This game is for the taking as long as we control the deeper central areas - I can see us drawing or even losing if we don't change that.

Is Brendan's loyalty to Gerrard going to cost us a chance to gain ground tonight?

I'd leave Ibe where he is too.
He's causing them massive problems because he's getting space to run into.
A more forward position will stifle that majestic long stride he has too.
It's night and day to what attacking threat is going down Moreno's side.

On a side note, how did Danny Rose not get booked in that half? The tackle on Ibe was worthy of one alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom