• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dave Whelan , perhaps not a United Quisling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
..............after all

Whelan, speaking at the launch of his autobiography, believes Champions League qualification will be beyond City this season and likewise the title for United, with the loss of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic to injury encouraging his hopes of witnessing a first victory over Ferguson as Wigan chairman this weekend.

"I don't think United will win the title this season. I think there will be a few surprises, with Tottenham possibly finishing in the top three, and if I had to pick one I would say Liverpool," he added. "I thought United looked iffy against Birmingham City and Burnley were up for it at Turf Moor, as United will be when they come here. They won't want to get beat twice in a row. But they are missing some big players at the moment and if their two central defenders are out again then we will have a hell of a chance."

regards

[quote author=ILD link=topic=35372.msg929372#msg929372 date=1250811444]
Nice change from his usual ass licking tactics.
[/quote]

I thought so too

regards

Plus, Steve Bruce isn't there anymore to roll over for Fergie. Martinez will want to impress and go out an play some football. United might pick them off if this is the case but sure we'll wait and see.

I wonder which Wigan side will show up this week. They've had a similar start to the season as us, really.

The current United side should hold no fear for them and it's important Martinez drills this into his players.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=35372.msg929379#msg929379 date=1250811864]
Plus, Steve Bruce isn't there anymore to roll over for Fergie. Martinez will want to impress and go out an play some football. United might pick them off if this is the case but sure we'll wait and see.
[/quote]

picked them off they did ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35372.msg930462#msg930462 date=1250973120]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=35372.msg929379#msg929379 date=1250811864]
[/quote]

picked them off they did ...
[/quote]

Ah I should be a pundit LTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom