• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Delle Alli? Besiktas bound…

At least we don’t need to hear the stories about how we could’ve signed him anymore.

When you fall out of love with the game ala David Bentley ala Saido Berahino, no one wants you.

Marcel Sabitzer might be available on loan or could be bought for less than £15m.. I honestly have not seen how well he has done

Casemiro on his way to Utd. 70 mill € and 375k wages per week.
Long term contract for a 30 year old.

Good signing or a short term stop gap that will prove costly?

Marcel Sabitzer might be available on loan or could be bought for less than £15m.. I honestly have not seen how well he has done

He is the Austrian guy right ? - was one of their best players when I saw him play for his national team. Not sure how well he plays for his club though. Left Midfield option right ?

i think the fact Madrid are willing to let him go tells you all you need to know

I'd be okay with him, I'd trust him more than Naby.
[article]
Jurgen Klopp eyeing Championship star to solve Liverpool's midfield crisis, would cost £15 million

Nasir Jabbar
Published 11:05, 18 August 2022 at BST
| Last updated 16:54, 18 August 2022 at BST
resize

Liverpool have reportedly expressed an interest in a Championship star to solve the club's midfield crisis.
Jurgen Klopp is weighing up a move for a midfielder amid his team's midfield options following a slew of injuries.
Thiago, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Curtis Jones are all currently sidelined through injury.
resize

Image: Alamy

Klopp, however, will only bring in the 'right midfielder' if he does dip into the transfer market.
And reports claim he's eyeing Sheffield United's Sander Berge, according to Sky Sports.
Berge, 24, has been at Sheff United since 2019 following his switch from Genk.
A transfer fee of £10-15 million has been touted for the player, who cost Sheff United £22 million.

It's not the first Liverpool have been mooted with a move for the Norwegian, having also been linked with the defensive midfielder last summer.
resize

Image: Alamy

Klopp addressed the growing demand to sign a new midfielder in the transfer window, stating it's not easy to bring in the right man.
"The thing is, it is easy for us to bring a midfielder in but it is not so easy to bring the right midfielder in," he explained. "There are money reasons and contractual reasons which, most of the time, go hand-in-hand.

"It's not that we deny signing a player if we have a problem with injuries, for example, but it is a complete different situation to the beginning of the pre-season when everybody told me we needed a new midfielder and that was about the kind of midfielder.
"That is a completely different discussion. We didn't need a different kind of midfielder but if the right midfielder would have been available, we would have gone then as well.
"Now the situation has changed slightly: we have more injuries, that's true. But it can still only be about the right [player] and that is not easy. It is nothing to do with that it is now August already and at the end of August, the transfer window closes.
"It's just because it is 2022 and people have contracts until 2024, 2025 or 2026, that's the situation and that's why we have to be calm and sort our problems with the boys we have. It's all about solutions and only one of these solutions is the transfer market, all the other solutions are here."
[/article]

If this is who we bring in then i hope he is one of those rare gems that raises his game to the level of those around him because he was unremarkable when i saw him play for Sheffield

He's one of those rare gems that won't demand a high salary or a long contract and can be gotten for a low price, but is reasonably good enough and similar enough to our usual profile of midfielders (athletic, team player, not too flashy) while we continue our wet dream of Bellingham.

Well that's what I've garnered from Klopp's remarks anyway

Shocked. Really shocked. Why on earth ? Still he'll enjoy spending the money and maybe the chance to play in the PL before his career is over.

If this is who we bring in then i hope he is one of those rare gems that raises his game to the level of those around him because he was unremarkable when i saw him play for Sheffield
He was decent, definitely talented (but slow if I remember correctly), powerful/strong, good passing and technique. I seem to remember we were interested (or should I say lots of chatter) at one time that just seemed to go quiet (injuries)? He's not at our starting level for sure. A sort of 'Phillips' signing, if it happens let's hope he reaches Nat's level.

He was decent, definitely talented (but slow if I remember correctly), powerful/strong, good passing and technique. I seem to remember we were interested (or should I say lots of chatter) at one time that just seemed to go quiet (injuries)? He's not at our starting level for sure. A sort of 'Phillips' signing, if it happens let's hope he reaches Nat's level.

For what it's worth, the Blades fans seem to rate him. They think he is one of the best in the Championship when he isn't injured, which he frequently is..

If he's the player we are looking to bring in then it's very confusing. He is a Fabinho type midfielder. The gap we have is is at LCM where Thiago, Jones and Keita are constantly unavailable. Are we really replacing Thiago with a Championship level DM?

The guy is injury prone despite looking like hulk.

Season Injury Days Games missed
21/22 Corona virus 15 days 1
21/22 Hamstring Injury 66 days 12
20/21 Bruise 13 days -
20/21 Surgery 93 days 20
18/19 Knee Problems 11 days 3
18/19 Calf Problems 55 days 9
17/18 Torn muscle bundle 204 days 32
16/17 Knee Surgery 75 days 3

If he's the player we are looking to bring in then it's very confusing. He is a Fabinho type midfielder. The gap we have is is at LCM where Thiago, Jones and Keita are constantly unavailable. Are we really replacing Thiago with a Championship level DM?
He looks pretty immobile too. Would be a strange signing

Frankly, if Tielemans is available for 20 million, it's very surprising why we're not in for him. Tielemans isn't perfect, but he has some very good qualities, the best of them being that he has an excellent injury record. 400+ career appearances at the young age of 25 - this guy rarely misses games, and can carry a huge physical workload. That's exactly what we need.

Without disagreeing with some of the things said about Casemiro above, he's a mahoosive upgrade on Fred and/or McTominay in the centre of their midfield and they'll have to expect to be overcharged for players at the minute because everyone knows how desperate they are. I can see some sense in the move TBH.

Without disagreeing with some of the things said about Casemiro above, he's a mahoosive upgrade on Fred and/or McTominay in the centre of their midfield and they'll have to expect to be overcharged for players at the minute because everyone knows how desperate they are. I can see some sense in the move TBH.
This..

I see desperation - 11 days until the window slams shut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom