• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer SUMMARY 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
As usual, I try to include only players who have been more or less credibly linked with us; Portuguese, Spanish and Italian newspapers are mostly disregarded as sources. I assume we don't have big money to spend this summer so any blockbuster transfer rumours (Mbappe, Koulibaly etc) are ignored.

TRANSFERS IN:

Goalkeepers:
Marcelo Pitaluga, 17 (Fluminense) - signed for £0.7M + add-ons rising to £2M

Centre-backs:
Ozan Kabak, 20 (Schalke) – £40M
Aissa Mandi, 28 (Betis) – £10M
Ben White, 22 (Brighton/Leeds) – £40M
Omar Colley, 27 (Sampdoria) – £11M

Full-backs:
Lloyd Kelly, 21 (Bournemouth) – £13M
Jamal Lewis, 22 (Norwich) – £15-20M
Sergio Regulion, 23 (Real Madrid)

Kostas Tsimikas, 24 (Olympiacos) – signed for £11.75M

Midfielders:
Thiago Alcantara, 29 (Bayern) – signed for £20M rising to £26M

Wingers/AMs:
Diogo Jota, 23 (Wolves) – signed for £41M rising to £45M
Ismaila Sarr, 22 (Watford) – £40M
Harvey Barnes, 22 (Leicester)
Jeremy Doku, 18 (Anderlecht) – €20M
Nick Breitenbucher, 17 (Hoffenheim)
Melkamu Frauendorf, 16 (Hoffenheim) – signed for free (presumably)

Strikers:
Talles Magno, 18 (Vasco da Gama) – £18M

TRANSFERS OUT:

Confirmed:
Brewster to Sheffield United, £18M rising to £23.5M
Hoever to Wolves, £9M rising to £13.5M
Lovren to Zenit, £10.9M
Ejaria to Reading, £3.5M
Lallana to Brighton, free
Clyne released
Chirivella to Nantes, free
Karius loaned to Union Berlin

Potential departures:
Origi (£20M+)
Shaqiri (£15M+)
Grujic (£15M+)
Harry Wilson (£15M+)
Larouci (£5M+)
Phillips (£1M+)

TOTAL SPEND: £84.75M*
TOTAL SALES: £51.4M*

NET SPEND: –£33.35M

Last edited:
As usual, I try to include only players who have been more or less credibly linked with us; Portuguese, Spanish and Italian newspapers are mostly disregarded as sources. I assume we don't have big money to spend this summer so blockbuster transfers (Mbappe, Koulibaly etc) are automatically disregarded.

TRANSFERS IN:

Goalkeepers:

Centre-backs:
Ozan Kabak, 20 (Schalke)
Aissa Mandi, 28 (Betis)
Ben White, 22 (Brighton/Leeds)

Full-backs:

Midfielders:
Thiago Alcantara, 29 (Bayern)

Wingers:
Ismaila Sarr, 22 (Watford)
Harvey Barnes, 22 (Leicester)
Nick Breitenbucher, 17 (Hoffenheim)

Strikers:

TRANSFERS OUT:

Confirmed:
Lovren to Zenit, £10.9M
Lallana to Brighton, free

Potential departures:
Shaqiri (£25M+)
Origi (£25M+)
Grujic (£15M+)
Harry Wilson (£20M+)
Larouci (£5M+)
Karius (£5M+)

Did I forget anyone?
Salah

I think you got Grujic wrong, we won't be asking for less than £25 mill imo.
Also don't think we're getting £25 mill plus for Shaq. His value has decreased a lot this season.

Last edited:
I think you got Grujic wrong, we won't be asking for less than £25 mill imo.
Also don't we're getting £25 mill plus for Shaq. His value has decreased a lot this season.

OK, I adjusted Grujic to 20M+. Shaq – you might be right, but he's also such an easy type of player to buy – speaks multiple languages, good pedigree and wins titles everywhere. There is going to be a lot of offers for him.

OK, I adjusted Grujic to 20M+. Shaq – you might be right, but he's also such an easy type of player to buy – speaks multiple languages, good pedigree and wins titles everywhere. There is going to be a lot of offers for him.
Think Monchengladbach were linked to Grujic for 18 million. Shaq will have offers, but expect them to be in the 10-15 million range tops. He's 29 and spent most of the season injured.

It would be strange if Harry Wilson wont have any suitors aswell. He had a good season with Bournemouth.

Rurik mate. You complained about having two transfer threads (one for Liverpool and one for Everyone else) and now you start a third which emulates the Liverpool transfer thread !

*slaps head*

Rurik mate. You complained about having two transfer threads (one for Liverpool and one for Everyone else) and now you start a third which emulates the Liverpool transfer thread !

*slaps head*

I know, but I always do this one as a summary of the summer transfer rumours that I keep updating. Maybe mods can stickie this?

It would be strange if Harry Wilson wont have any suitors aswell. He had a good season with Bournemouth.
Had a good start, but faded as the season went on. The thing with Wilson seems to be that he has one amazing skill, but the rest of his game is ok at best. I think his value has eroded a bit more than we would have hoped for. Maybe we'll get something like 10-15 million bids.

Had a good start, but faded as the season went on. The thing with Wilson seems to be that he has one amazing skill, but the rest of his game is ok at best. I think his value has eroded a bit more than we would have hoped for. Maybe we'll get something like 10-15 million bids.
If 10 to 15 million clubs are willing to bid we could get a good price for him.

He still scored 7 goals, and was used pretty limited after the break. There should be interest and as you say bids around the 15 mil mark.

How many times..

We ain't selling Grujic..

He will be part of the first team squad next season

Yes, this is meant as a summary thread only – I'll update the OP as the new links come in. To avoid further confusion, is it possible to sticky this and also maybe for @RedStar to rename his Transfer Rumours 2020 thread to something like "Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020"? Then it should be all fine and clear.

Talk of Gini leaving, what's his market value and which clubs will pay the fee? Everton maybe?

The club is lucky to have Klopp as manager, imagine any other top flight manager being told for second consecutive season that they can't buy players, and then them not bitching to the press? Pep spent something like £60m and then the whole season he bitched about the lack of money he had because he couldn't get another defender.

Last edited:
There is quite a funny back and forth happening on Twitter in which Boston Red Sox fans are furious about FSG's ownership whilst claiming he spends all his money on Liverpool, whilst Liverpool fans are claiming the same about the Red Sox. Seems neither set of fans are fully happy with him despite success since FSG took over both.

Spider-Man-meme.jpeg

There is quite a funny back and forth happening on Twitter in which Boston Red Sox fans are furious about FSG's ownership whilst claiming he spends all his money on Liverpool, whilst Liverpool fans are claiming the same about the Red Sox. Seems neither set of fans are fully happy with him despite success since FSG took over both.

Spider-Man-meme.jpeg
I was thinking this the other day. With FSG heavily effected by Covid19 as stadium revenue is 0 and TV revenue slashed (even though viewing figures and number of games given to them is higher- fucking crazy), should FSG look for an investor or put either LFC or Redsox on the market? Right now LFC could be sold for I am guessing £1.5-£2bn

I was thinking this the other day. With FSG heavily effected by Covid19 as stadium revenue is 0 and TV revenue slashed (even though viewing figures and number of games given to them is higher- fucking crazy), should FSG look for an investor or put either LFC or Redsox on the market? Right now LFC could be sold for I am guessing £1.5-£2bn

FSG's plan is to sell us eventually anyway, I don't think we are where we need to be for them to want to sell. They want the stadium sorted before selling imo.

FSG's plan is to sell us eventually anyway, I don't think we are where we need to be for them to want to sell. They want the stadium sorted before selling imo.
Looked at their history. Literally started as a sports TV rights business.

They want the stadium sorted & at more or less max capacity without traffic infrastructure needing to be funded, but the big tipping point which will push the valuation up is individual clubs global streaming/TV rights. Once that is in process or agreed they'll sell at an even bigger profit margin than they'd see if they sold now.

Looked at their history. Literally started as a sports TV rights business.

They want the stadium sorted & at more or less max capacity without traffic infrastructure needing to be funded, but the big tipping point which will push the valuation up is individual clubs global streaming/TV rights. Once that is in process or agreed they'll sell at an even bigger profit margin than they'd see if they sold now.
Who would be the buyers? I just can't see someone spending £3bn plus on a passion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom