• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Christensen off as well or have I mixed something up?
They'll need another centre back if so, Silva surely can't last all season at his age

Yeah, Christensen has gone too so yeah think they're looking at another CB too. Nathan Ake has been mentioned a fair bit.

Worked out for them with Silva, dont see an issue with them signing koulibaly. Hopefully he'll be shite

Fulham appaz with an enquiry for Oxlade. If we sell him, does that mean we'll go for a new midfielder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Frenkie de Jong's agent has told Manchester United the Netherlands midfielder, 25, is open to leaving Barcelona but does not want to move to Old Trafford. (Sport - in Spanish)
Barcelona have told De Jong they want him to leave the club to join Manchester United. (The Athletic)

Barca are considering leaving De Jong out of the squad for their US tour in a bid to get him to agree a move to the Red Devils. (Sport - in Spanish)

Should we be trying to sign him?

Maybe we could write off the £42m Barca still owe us for Coutinho :) and take de Jong off them as a payment in kind, just for shits and giggles to wind the Mancs up?
Although personally I'd rather we wait and sign the right player. Never been particularly impressed with de Jong whenever I've seen him play, but maybe he's one of those guys that only fans of his own team really appreciate.

Barcelona still owe that money but not to us now. That's a mistake I made recently as well. They never paid up but we sold the debt on to a third party (forget who).

The we don't need a new midfielder stick from Klopp is heavily compromised by the fact he has zero faith left in Chamberlain. If we get anything reasonable in for him then it's likely we'll sell and replace. Whether Chamberlain is ready for a step down for increased game time is another matter, but he looked miserable last year, so surely should be open to it.

Getting £12-15M for Chamberlain would be decent business.

The we don't need a new midfielder stick from Klopp is heavily compromised by the fact he has zero faith left in Chamberlain. If we get anything reasonable in for him then it's likely we'll sell and replace. Whether Chamberlain is ready for a step down for increased game time is another matter, but he looked miserable last year, so surely should be open to it.

Getting £12-15M for Chamberlain would be decent business.

Tbh I think klopps thinking is if we have a midfield injury crisis, he'll just change the setup; I.e from 3 in mid to 2. And he's right, we can change to that. Usually he doesn't like changing systems, but maybe he'll be open to is this season.

I think anyone mentioning Ox being sold should get a ban. Not that I want him to stay. He’s just not going anywhere and won’t be here in 12 months. No need to get upset about it. It’s just one of those shit decision the club has to ride out.

I think anyone mentioning Ox being sold should get a ban. Not that I want him to stay. He’s just not going anywhere and won’t be here in 12 months. No need to get upset about it. It’s just one of those shit decision the club has to ride out.
This is the truth. We’re not getting a fee for him. He seems like a nice enough lad and good to have around the dressing room but he isn’t going to contribute much on the field before his contract expires. Realistically, I think the best we could hope for, assuming his injury isn’t serious, would be to get some of his wages off the books for the next 12 months.
Nothing against the lad, he’s been very unlucky and the injury he had at the end of his first season was the kind that used to end players careers a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom