• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero wasn't blessed with pace, especially when Pep came in. What Pep wants in a striker is one who tracks back, tackles, links up the play to the wide men. All things Kane does.
Aguero even aged is still faster than Kane.

City's period of dominance occured with aguero up top, sterling in form and sane/Mahrez on the wing. It's when they were at their most cutthroat, and it was breakneck speed. Kane central slows them down, like it did when de bruyne played false 9.

I think pep is overthinking it, and trying to build a different system to the one he's had great success with. I think it's his ego.

Kane offers less than Lukaku, who I think Chelsea overpaid for. I would have made do with Jesus for a year, then balls out for haaland next year

A big presence in the box who could finish real good would bang in a few for City.
Get on the end of all those crosses and passes from their creative players.

I think any presence in the box could bang in 15+ goals in the league for city. I don't think Kane is the piece of the puzzle they need

Kane offers less than Lukaku, who I think Chelsea overpaid for. I would have made do with Jesus for a year, then balls out for haaland next year
If City don't get Kane this season that's what I reckon they'll do. A 29 yr old Kane or Haaland?

Do Real Madrid have the cash? The real cash cows of European football, Bayern Munich have been very quiet, have they been waiting for a moment like this?
[article]
France striker Kylian Mbappe, 22, has turned down a six-year extension to his contract with Paris St-Germain, which expires next summer, and would prefer to join Real Madrid this summer. (Marca - in Spanish)

Mbappe did not join his team-mates for Ander Herrera's birthday party on Sunday and is set for a meeting with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi on Monday. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)
[/article]

Do Real Madrid have the cash? The real cash cows of European football, Bayern Munich have been very quiet, have they been waiting for a moment like this?
[article]
France striker Kylian Mbappe, 22, has turned down a six-year extension to his contract with Paris St-Germain, which expires next summer, and would prefer to join Real Madrid this summer. (Marca - in Spanish)

Mbappe did not join his team-mates for Ander Herrera's birthday party on Sunday and is set for a meeting with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi on Monday. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)
[/article]

They have the cash... I think the qn is whether they have enough cash for both Haaland and Mbappe

[article]

[/article]
I wouldn’t read too much into that. I wouldn’t attend Herrera’s birthday because he’s a weapon grade cunt.

[article]

[/article]
Next summer Bale drops off the wage bill. That's ring fenced Mbappe money right there.

Odegaard linked again.. £25m.

If we have the money, we should be all over that.
Feel like the pressing need is decent backup for the front 3, rather than midfield.

In midfield we have:

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Milner
Keita
Ox
Jones
Elliot

In attack we have 4 players alternating for 3 positions - which isnt enough. We need a decent Origi replacement.

Ben Davies the most pointless signing in our history.

Thought we were supposed to be smart when it came to signings.

Feel like the pressing need is decent backup for the front 3, rather than midfield.

In midfield we have:

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Milner
Keita
Ox
Jones
Elliot

In attack we have 4 players alternating for 3 positions - which isnt enough. We need a decent Origi replacement.
Lets hear some names, ones that would be happy to sit on the bench? They might now wait till Jan, looking at transfermkt quite a few players contract will end next summer, including Pedri

Ben Davies the most pointless signing in our history.

Thought we were supposed to be smart when it came to signings.
We've done a few of these down the years, havent we

Diomede
Ferri
Assaidi
Luis Alberto
Caulker
Aspas
Keane

* Edit - I've read that Ferri was signed purely as a dressing room spy for Houllier. So not entirely pointless

I think we bought him for 500k but will loan him out for a 1m fee.

On paper that sounds ok!

Indeed, and a bonus if they get promoted. If he plays well for Sheff Utd we can probably get 5 mill for him next summer.
Its a Chelsea and City type investment signing. Just seems weird that we are doing it.

It's mad isn't it how Coutinho was probably in the lists of the 10 in the world around the time we were selling him and now he wouldn't be in anyone's top 100

I wouldn’t have thought that planning at Melwood would have refused regardless of who the developer was. If it is primarily a residential area anyway then it is just a case of putting more houses in an area that already has a lot of houses - as long as they aren’t massively high, have enough parking, community facilities and probably the odd green space thrown in.

The public consultations really only result in a few compromises. As long as developers are not going against anything in local council plans then on big sites like that they can usually force it through on appeal if they need to, and councils never like to turn things down if they know it will go against them on appeal.
Lol Councils turn things down all the time that often lose on appeal. They generally win more than they lose though.

I spotted a donner spice mix in the shop earlier. Just mix it with minced lamb and bake. I was seriously tempted.

Paul James
@ItanimracM_ITK 2h
You think #Alisson, #Kelleher, #Trent, #Virgil, #Fabinho and potentially #Henderson are exciting? Well be prepared to be more excited when #Woodburn and #Origi, who impressed at pre-season, sign long term deals.

Ffs,what are we playing at.

Lol Councils turn things down all the time that often lose on appeal. They generally win more than they lose though.

Yes, they do. As you say though, the councils will usually win. There are some cases when the applicants will win an appeal but that is usually after they have been turned down for a local plan type issue rather than a material consideration.

There are an awful lot more cases though where even if Councils don’t especially like the application, and large sections of the public are against the application, the Council will vote it through as they will know that it is highly likely it will go through on appeal anyway and then the costs will be awarded against the Council.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom