• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid point Pep
Also Pep

"At the prices we are not going to buy any strikers. It is impossible, we cannot afford it.

All clubs are struggling financially, we are not an exception. We have Gabriel and Ferran who have been incredible in this position.

We have young players in the academy and we play many times with a false nine. There is more of a chance we aren’t going to buy a striker for next season.”

#Flipflop

He is so desperate to justify his cheque book management. Far more honest if he says "yeah, we got loads of money, and as long as it is made available to me I will spend it to buy the best players", but he is losing his marbles over this

He is so desperate to justify his cheque book management. Far more honest if he says "yeah, we got loads of money, and as long as it is made available to me I will spend it to buy the best players", but he is losing his marbles over this
I think Klopp is in his head.
I reckon he believes, because Jurgen won titles and the Champions league without inhering a winning team or spending shed loads of cash like Guardiola did, somehow undermines his legacy.

What legacy? Messi won him titles then managed 2 of the richest clubs on the planet. He’s led a charmed management career. He is a fraud.
His perceptions, not mine.
He probably believes that only for Klopp he would be considered one of the greatest of all time

Got to give him some credit for last season though, he managed to get them performing alot better than the season when we won the league.

His perceptions, not mine.
He probably believes that only for Klopp he would be considered one of the greatest of all time
Gotcha. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the list of greatest ever managers.

Last edited:
That’s a bit of a turn from “it’s impossible, we cannot afford” now isn’t it you fucking bald Spanish fraud.

I don't think that Guardiola is a fraud but undoubtedly he has had financial advantages throughout. Most (if not all) of the upper echelon of managers would have leveraged that advantage and gone on to success in my opinion. I think Guardiola knows this and is why he bites.

I don't think that Guardiola is a fraud but undoubtedly he has had financial advantages throughout. Most (if not all) of the upper echelon of managers would have leveraged that advantage and gone on to success in my opinion. I think Guardiola knows this and is why he bites.
He was outshone when he took over at Bayern. Bayern won the quadruple and he never lived up to that. He’s been at clubs where that can Hoover up the best talent available and has never been the underdog when he’s “succeeded”. He’s a dog shagging, shit spouting bell end.

Got to give him some credit for last season though, he managed to get them performing alot better than the season when we won the league.

Yeah the difference was astronomical to the year before. A whole FIVE points more!!!

There’s a bit of a point hidden in Guardiolas quote somewhere. Our owners are every bit as bad, they just have a very different agenda; to rinse money out of and protect their franchise at all costs.

Better than the rest but if we hadn't been devastated by injuries I truly believe we'd have run them neck and neck to the wire. And maybe even pipped them. 6 defeats on the bounce at home to 'also-rans'? There's 18 points right there.

Better than the rest but if we hadn't been devastated by injuries I truly believe we'd have run them neck and neck to the wire. And maybe even pipped them. 6 defeats on the bounce at home to 'also-rans'? There's 18 points right there.

I think they would have been hard to stop regardless. He also managed to resurrect John Stones' City career, made a player out of Foden, replaced Laporte with a better player in Ruben Dias. They had their foot off the gas in the last quarter of the season to concentrate on the CL, such is their lead.

During this season, City achieved a remarkable winning streak, which ran 82 days from December 2020 to March 2021. During this run, City broke the records for most consecutive wins by a top flight English team in all competitions (21);[1] the most consecutive league wins by a top flight team from the start of a calendar year (13);[2] and equalled their club record for 28 games unbeaten in all competitions.[3]

City also set a record run of consecutive away wins in all competitions for a top flight team (20),[4] a club and English record run of consecutive unbeaten away matches (23) and an English record run of consecutive away league wins (12) during the season.[5]

Last season was more a case of there being no great challengers rather than City blowing everyone out the water. As I said, they only got 5 points more than the season before when everyone said they were shit. This City team is used to recording points tallies in the high 90s. Even 100 points. Last season's team wasn't anything amazing.

If City don't sign Kane this year (they will), and 50% of our squad isn't decimated again, City don't win the league, I don't think.

I'm the polar opposite. He's tailor made for them IMO.

Nah, I think playing any striker there they'd get a good number of goals.

Kane needs everything to go through him, and it spurs it does. At city there's countless other players who would be stifled by his tongue dragging all over the pitch.

They need an Owen style for me. Lightning player designed solely for playing on the shoulder

Kane needs everything to go through him, and it spurs it does. At city there's countless other players who would be stifled by his tongue dragging all over the pitch.

They need an Owen style for me. Lightning player designed solely for playing on the shoulder

They already have that player in Jesus.

Aguero wasn't blessed with pace, especially when Pep came in. What Pep wants in a striker is one who tracks back, tackles, links up the play to the wide men. All things Kane does.

A big presence in the box who could finish real good would bang in a few for City.
Get on the end of all those crosses and passes from their creative players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom