• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sparta Prague (A) - Thurs 17:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent, Alisson and Bajcetic are all scheduled to return ca. end of the month. Jones, Mo. and Gravenberch before the 10th.

I struggle to see anyone who wasn't on the bench against Forest being able to play a role by this weekend, although it would obviously be great to have Mo & Jones at least as bench options.

For this one I mostly want the midfield trio that will start against City get some time together on the pitch to dial in their connection. I don't mind if that is 30 mins, or more. This part of the field will be critical for City and for me this game is prep and prep only. Whatever the result of this first leg, we can turn it around if we need to after the City game, knowing that is our last game for 2 weeks.

We are playing these two games (Prague/City) without Ali, Trent and Jota. Dom, Wataru and Darwin are ready, whilst we are hoping to have Curtis and Mo (and Gravenberch - eek) too.

Clearly we need to save Mo & Curtis for City. It'd be great to rest Mac a bit more too

Kelleher - Gomez/Quansah/VVD/Tsimikas - Endo/McConnell*/Dom - Elliot/Nunez/Danns

*McConnell as I think he the better on the left between him and Bobby Clark?

We are playing these two games (Prague/City) without Ali, Trent and Jota. Dom, Wataru and Darwin are ready, whilst we are hoping to have Curtis and Mo (and Gravenberch - eek) too.

Clearly we need to save Mo & Curtis for City. It'd be great to rest Mac a bit more too

Kelleher - Gomez/Quansah/VVD/Tsimikas - Endo/McConnell*/Dom - Elliot/Nunez/Danns

*McConnell as I think he the better on the left between him and Bobby Clark?
Curtis?! No chance he makes it to the City game.
Gravy possibly.

Feeling like Mo might get my make the bench for City - so would expect Nunez, Gakpo & Diaz for that.

Midfield should be right with Endo, Mac A & Dom.

Harvey an option for either.

Expect all of them to get at least done sort of run out in Prague but not a full game.

McConnell, Clark & Danns to def feature at some point - dunno when.

1709657062671.jpeg

1709657223779.jpeg

Gravvy and Curtis arriving at Kirkby this morning. Neither is wearing a protective boot, although Curtis is carrying it in his hand. Based on just that, Gravvy seems to be closer.

I think Szobo, Endo and Nunez need to start to get ready for the City game, maybe play an hour each. Other than that I don't really care - I'd rest as many as possible. I'm praying Salah makes the bench at least.

Adrian???

Bradley
Quansah
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Endo
Szobozslai
Clark

Gakpo
Nunez
Elliott
Adrian? Can we not play the u21 keeper?

We should manage with something like this and Konate/Szobo/Endo/Nunez going off after 50-60 minutes. Macca, Diaz, Gomez/Robbo and hopefully Mo to come on as subs

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Quansah Tsimikas
Szobo Endo Clark
Elliott Gakpo Nunez

Want to see this against City if possible

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo
Szobo Endo Macca
Salah Nunez Diaz

We should manage with something like this and Konate/Szobo/Endo/Nunez going off after 50-60 minutes. Macca, Diaz, Gomez/Robbo and hopefully Mo to come on as subs

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Quansah Tsimikas
Szobo Endo Clark
Elliott Gakpo Nunez

Want to see this against City if possible

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo
Szobo Endo Macca
Salah Nunez Diaz
Something like that aye but Virg doesn't really run and Konate is made of glue so would swap him in. Prefer Bradley Vs City to push them deeper

I'd play Adrian but I also enjoy some mild sanity. It's a true dilemma

I'm torn on Mo & the Egypt stuff. It is annoying that their FA have said if he is in any squad for us, they will call him up. In a way its annoying as he could get injured, but I suppose there is upside that he can return after the break match sharp.

I think he should be a bench option against City, in order to avoid breaking him

I'm torn on Mo & the Egypt stuff. It is annoying that their FA have said if he is in any squad for us, they will call him up. In a way its annoying as he could get injured, but I suppose there is upside that he can return after the break match sharp.

I think he should be a bench option against City, in order to avoid breaking him
If he's played for Egypt he's surely a starter.

I think Szobo, Endo and Nunez need to start to get ready for the City game, maybe play an hour each. Other than that I don't really care - I'd rest as many as possible. I'm praying Salah makes the bench at least.

Adrian

Bradley
Quansah
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Endo
Szobozslai
Clark

Gakpo
Nunez
Elliott

Was Adrian added to the squad for the 2nd half?

You would think that he'd have a lot more say on the matter.
I honestly think he does, but I have no clue why he doesn't just tell them that he'll skip the friendlies.
A lot of the older star players do that regularly.
I have a sneaky feeling it's about endorsements or something of that nature. Financial stuff.

Last edited:
Isnt it just a friendly against New Zealand or something? They can get to fuck with calling him up for that..

We need Darwin to trample his foot in the goal celebrations against City, then tell Egypt he's out for three weeks.

Adrian was omitted from the European squad in September - not sure whether he was added back in for the 2nd half of the season.
He was - said so on the Echo podcast I was listening to yesterday. He replaced Matip on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom