• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Sheffield United post match thread

Prefix for Poll Threads

Did you buy the PPV - U.K. posters only!

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 95.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

momoWASboss

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
We won the main thing. Having the best keeper in the world back in the team was a huge relief.

Once again we are talking about VA fucking R. Being inside or outside the box was as close as the Mané offside from last week. They wrong question was asked of VAR. Was it or was it not a pen? How simple could it be?

It was a slow disjointed performance at time. Salah had and exquisite finish correctly ruled offside. Trent was better than he has been all season and had a real cheeky free kick from inside our half.

Sooooooo who in the UK gave their money to sky? Over 40k was raised for food banks rather than pay it over for the tv coverage.

It is pretty fucking brilliant that in an area with the highest level of restrictions, with a population who love football, they've made it cheaper to watch the footy and have your tea with a few pints in a pub than sit at home and watch it.

But I've had a decent IPTV for years so never an issue here

Good to get a win while we're still not playing great. Jota is promising

We’ve been unlucky with the timing of our injuries and COVID infections so our first team hasn’t been available consistently.

We won although a little laboured. Some glimpses on how we’ll be playing and can play so it’s onwards and upwards.

A few more wins to get over that Villa result.

1) Gomez looked good.
2) Jota looks like he'll be starting next year - scores goals, great engine and good speed. I wonder why Wolves weren't playing him more.
3) Mane good.
4) Mo good, and no issue with him not passing when he hit the post. He's a striker, gotta take it.
5) Bobby - nice goal, but needs benching. Better for him and team.
6) commentary on the game really fucked me off - stop talking about VvD.
7) Sheffield united deserved a peno imo on Jota's foul on Berge (he tripped him). So VAR was wrong on 2 of 3 calls today imo (the penalty, the missed penalty were mistakes, Salah offsides was fine).

1) Gomez looked good.
2) Jota looks like he'll be starting next year - scores goals, great engine and good speed. I wonder why Wolves weren't playing him more.
3) Mane good.
4) Mo good, and no issue with him not passing when he hit the post. He's a striker, gotta take it.
5) Bobby - nice goal, but needs benching. Better for him and team.
6) commentary on the game really fucked me off - stop talking about VvD.
7) Sheffield united deserved a peno imo on Jota's foul on Berge (he tripped him). So VAR was wrong on 2 of 3 calls today imo (the penalty, the missed penalty were mistakes, Salah offsides was fine).

Point 6 mate - you are so right - I am so sick of it, never have I heard so much about one missing player in our team, it's constant every moment they get to talk about our defense - it is all about VVD being missing, if the media continue like this our players will just mentally fall apart hearing that shit. They are almost making me believe we are going to concede in every minute or something. Shut the fuck up you cunts !!!! - look at the results from last season - the game we had today is no different from other games we had last season where we had to dig deep and other teams have scored against us even with VVD in it. In fact did they miss that bumming we got from Villa with VVD in the team ?

Important win and great to be up to second after a couple of poor results.

Makes its all the better with our rivals dropping points again.

We need to go on a run of wins and pummel everyone into submission.

Jota is already staking a claim for a regular starting place.

Wrap Allison in wool!

Another 3. Looking a bit more like mentality monsters again.

TAA, Mane, Henderson, alisson, Robbo, played well.

There was no protection in front of the back four so I don't think the new set up worked.
We looked vulnerable when they lumped it up, mainly because there was a lot of space for then to pick up the second ball.

Need Matip back, so Fabs can play in midfield.

Very happy to keep doing just enough, and all the supposed rivals dropped points again. Looking good...

Fuck me. We have like minded people on the fume. Well more like they agree with us for a change.

[article]Get in, love that they get shit decisions against them finally like the rest of us.

But VAR is a farce
[/article]
[article]christ. how was that considered in the box?
[/article]

Really setting ourselves up to steamroll the league again considering our position and the circumstances we have had to contend with.

Very encouraging.

yeah but that Villa result though - makes me worry, and so far this makeshift defense has not come up against a decent PL attack yet. Am wondering how we will cope against a more confident team with a better attacking force.

It felt a bit like Fabinho showed some of his midfield / lack of central defensive instincts. Imo neither Gomez or VVD attempt that penalty challenge but fabinho does because he's fantastic at tackling and he normally makes a challenge like that 10-15 yards higher up the pitch. There were a couple of other things as well which I can't recall.

No criticism, it's understandable. He is doing really well and will definitely have learned something. I certainly feel a lot better for having him in the defence.

Jota looks great but what I really want to see is Mane in the middle with him and Mo.

It felt a bit like Fabinho showed some of his midfield / lack of central defensive instincts. Imo neither Gomez or VVD attempt that penalty challenge but fabinho does because he's fantastic at tackling and he normally makes a challenge like that 10-15 yards higher up the pitch. There were a couple of other things as well which I can't recall.

No criticism, it's understandable. He is doing really well and will definitely have learned something. I certainly feel a lot better for having him in the defence.

Jota looks great but what I really want to see is Mane in the middle with him and Mo.

I also want to see Mane in the middle because of all our attacking front men - the is the most combative, if I was a defender I would be like shitting myself having to deal with him for 90+ minutes.

I also want to see Mane in the middle because of all our attacking front men - the is the most combative, if I was a defender I would be like shitting myself having to deal with him for 90+ minutes.

True he's a handful and our in form attacker. I also vaguely remember klopp playing him through the middle before to pretty good effect, same with Salah but Mane is way more selfless, more Bobby.

But we'd really really miss Mane breaking down the defence at will from the left, and he'd have less touches in the middle.
I know he could be great in the middle but for me he's far too valuable an outlet on the left.

It is pretty fucking brilliant that in an area with the highest level of restrictions, with a population who love football, they've made it cheaper to watch the footy and have your tea with a few pints in a pub than sit at home and watch it.

But I've had a decent IPTV for years so never an issue here

Good to get a win while we're still not playing great. Jota is promising

Yeah man - I still can't thank you enough for that little hook up. Thailand.... No Sky.... No liquid stimulants.... Shame about the result but nay bother @Woland ... You sorted it. :cool:

But we'd really really miss Mane breaking down the defence at will from the left, and he'd have less touches in the middle.
I know he could be great in the middle but for me he's far too valuable an outlet on the left.
All that .... plus his defensive energy helps out Robbo a lot, much of which would be lost playing him in the centre.

Honestly I'd put jota central for a few games

Eye for a pass, comes deep, quick feet, clinical

Salah likes to cut in and is doubled up on as is, so 2 CB and a DM might be a bit too much

Mane thrives on 1 on 1, making him central will limit that

Jota or taki for me, but jota is the man in form

Becker - 7 - so so nice to have him back between the posts oozing confidence.

TAA - 6.5 - that's more like it son. However he definitely didn't get forward as much as usual.

Fabinho - 7 - still had a good game and it wasn't a penalty, he clearly won the ball fairly. Absolutely stupid decision from VAR and the Ref., again.

Gomez - 7.5 MotM - I thought he had an excellent game up against big, strong attackers (most of the SU players are giants), good distribution (one 60m cross field ball in particular), got caught once bringing the ball out of midfield but that opens up the play when he does do it.

Robbo - 6.5 - don't get the low marks being given to him in some quarters today, defensively stuck to his task well and constantly got forward, if not the best use of the ball. His cross field 70m dribble/run was amazing, pity about the layoff !

Gini - 6 - Was doing his best ghost impression in the first half but became more effective and visible as the game went on.

Hendo - 6.5 - Was involved but gave the ball away a lot in the first half. When he sits deep he plays those stupid long balls to the opposition keeper however moved up the pitch and was much better in the second half. A couple of superb passes deserved better.

Firmino - 5 - Struggled to get involved but was in the right place at the right time to break that home scoring drought. Looked like a fish out of water in that position.

Jota - 7 - Did a sterling job pressing however not as effective as when played on the left. Lovely header.

Mane - 7.5 - a constant pain for their defence and a lovely 'assist' for the first goal. Maybe could have done better on a few occasions.

Mo - 7.5 - This guy really deserved a goal. Sensational 'goal' disallowed and a wonderful turn to hit the post (can't blame him for taking on the shot). Was actually quite visible in tracking back and helping out TAA.

Klopp - 6 - I was a proponent for trying Bobby in midfield but it really didn't seem to work out. I think Klopp could have made some tactical changes (not substitutions) in the first half when SU were really getting at us and could have scored again.

What was the formation?

york.gif

I was screaming at the TV for Klopp to substitute Gini off. Then we brought Milner on for Firmino and it was as if somebody put his batteries in. He was everywhere for the last 20 mins. I can only assume he was told not to break formation or carry the ball forward in the first half because as soon as Milner came on and took the deeper position he was excellent.

Other than that I thought Gomez and Trent were much improved. Fabinho was poor, and that midfield just didnt work.

Robbo MotM for me, he and Mané have been incredible so far this season

Fabinho was not poor at all. I can only think of 2 things that were iffy; 1) the "pen", and even that was a good tackle. 2) when Burke did him for pace down the left hand side

Nice that we got 3 points but still ultimately pissed off that we're still below Neverton- and it's all down to T-rex and VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom