• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Right back spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
There's no point mentioning Clyne he's gone! We've got 11 days till our next game, so what's the solution in the worst case scenario if we don't have Fabs or Gomez? Milner will be suspended.

There's no point mentioning Clyne he's gone! We've got 11 days till our next game, so what's the solution in the worst case scenario if we don't have Fabs or Gomez? Milner will be suspended.

Hopefully one of Fabinho, Gomez or Trent are fit, otherwise it's Camacho.

Trent was supposed to be "close" for this game, he should be fit after 11 days. There is also Gini or Hendo who can cover at RB if needed.

My immediate thought is - 'do we accept Trent as our first team regular now ?' and this is a backup role we are looking for ? if so then it has to be one of the kids. I don't think I want to ever see any of the players we have been using recently to cover that role in Milner who I think is too old for that role and what it demands in a Klopp system, Fabinio - yes he has that for Brazil, but we bought him for something else, and as for Gomez - definitely not, he is too good a CB to player cover for that role and secondly I think that the left back / right back role(s) in our system require those that have full time experience in that role not part-timers. Someone like Gomez - if we were to put him in that role then I think he would be more prone to injuries - he does not even look right when he plays that role.

You know Clyne use to give me so much confidence in the back line when he played that role, I don't get the same feeling in defensive terms from Trent. I just wish we had another Robertson in that position, and maybe play Trent as the right of a midfield trio.

He’s a cult hero across the country due to his FPL price and early contribution to assists meaning he got into about 65% of teams across the world!

No need to worry, Trent is back. He was nearly back for the game today.

He's going to be a fabulous player. He has been very impressive every time I've seen him this season.

I can't say I've seen much of him in an attacking sense but he looks really strong defensively. Palace will want an absolute fortune for him... I think he'll end up at one of the Manchester clubs.

I can't say I've seen much of him in an attacking sense but he looks really strong defensively. Palace will want an absolute fortune for him... I think he'll end up at one of the Manchester clubs.
Agreed.

Defensively he looks to be a beast. A bit like Joe Gomez in his physicality. I'm pretty sure he out-sprinted Mane and Keita a few times and out-muscled them both, it was very surprising.

I haven't really seen much as to what he offers going forward. But I would love if we could get him ahead of those Manc clubs and could use him in rotation with Trent, especially for games when we are coming up against a tricky/pacey/strong LW, like a Zaha or a Hazard.

Given the fact Clyne is gone and Milner was badly exposed by Zaha today it seems logical that regardless of Trent being fit in 10 days time we need to start brining Hoever into the squad regularly. Hes the long term succesor to the RB slot so it makes sense to start blooding him slowly.

Gini should not be deployed at RB.

If neither I'd say right now the order is:

Trent
Gomez
Milner
Fabinho
Camacho
Hoever.

Camacho is a RW converted RB. There are massive question marks over that.

Hoever is another Gomez where he can play RB or CB.

I'd say that's the order though

Everyone should be fit and available for our next match (bar Ox and Brewster of course) according to Physioroom. Back to a full strength, and fully rested, team.

Gini Trent & Gomez should all be fit or thereabouts for next game. Milner obviously back game after next. Dunno the situtation with Lovren?

Fab looks like he'll be out sometime.

Could we move Hendo there? played there under Kenny, has engine to get up and down and has a decent cross on him.

Klopp during a press conference indicating TAA and Gomez are doubts for Leicester. Fabs unclear what his situation is. Even young Hoever has had a knock.
If none of those are available, I guess he is looking at Henderson, Kieta or even Moreno as options

Klopp during a press conference indicating TAA and Gomez are doubts for Leicester. Fabs unclear what his situation is. Even young Hoever has had a knock.
If none of those are available, I guess he is looking at Henderson, Kieta or even Moreno as options

In that case Camacho or Lewis.
Fuck Moreno

Camacho must be played now if TAA is out.

We need pace on the right to balance the team and stretch the opposition

I see quite a few shouts for Camacho at RB.

Isn't he a RW by trade?

In the very limited chances he's been given at RB in the first team he's looked pretty ropey.

If Trent was back in full training on Monday I’d expect him to start.

I see quite a few shouts for Camacho at RB.

Isn't he a RW by trade?

In the very limited chances he's been given at RB in the first team he's looked pretty ropey.

It's Bournemouth at home though. As such we'll almost certainly be on the front foot most of the time, & unlike Leicester & West Ham, they don't have anyone who can tear him apart (I'm convinced the only reason Klopp didn't go with him is because West Ham have the excellent Anderson), so it's much less risky, & if you're doing a cost/benefit calculation, then the benefits of having Fabinho & Milner available in the centre outweigh that risk in this one match, IMO anyway.

Their attack will be a mix of King, Fraser, Stanislas & Solanke. There is enough skill and threat in that bunch to target a weak RB. i think Milner would be fine, but Trent would obviously be preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom