• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LASK on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled4.jpg

Not sure what you guys saw on your channel (I was watching some Croat channel - I think) but from the PoV it was clearly a penalty, yes the ball had just gone but he was studs up on Diaz's shin. No doubt. Stonewall.
If that was a pen we would have 5 in every game, either way.

Unlike most it seems I thought Gravenberch showed a lot of promise. Good control, very good feet, able to turn and run past a man, fast enough, can tackle (when the blind ref. doesn't call a foul) and sees a pass - just needs to execute it and that will come once he's up to speed. Lots of good signs just failed in the execution (bar that exceptional pass for the assist) !

Unlike most it seems I thought Gravenberch showed a lot of promise. Good control, very good feet, able to turn and run past a man, fast enough, can tackle (when the blind ref. doesn't call a foul) and sees a pass - just needs to execute it and that will come once he's up to speed. Lots of good signs just failed in the execution (bar that exceptional pass for the assist) !
Hmm he was MotM on TNT !

Gravenberch was not good. Didn’t look like he had a lot of energy or intensity about him at all. Could be a fitness thing but I want to see fire and bravery from our players. He did not display that tonight.

Europa games and league cup will be good for some of the players to improve their game time over the season.
Alisson and Salah could do with rest too so maybe not being in CL will help with building game experience for some of the players in the long term.

Last edited:
Gravenberch was not good. Didn’t look like he had a lot of energy or intensity about him at all. Could be a fitness thing but I want to see fire and bravery from our players. He did not display that tonight.

He's not that type of player so I wouldn't wait around for it.

Was still our best midfielder, his power running with the ball spelled promising signs...final ball could've been better a few times but he got one right and claimed an assist for it.

Him busting a gut to get on the end of the pass from Harvey before setting Diaz up is about as intense you're going to get from him (on the ball anyway).

Last edited:
  • Tsimkas - terrible
  • Badger - best player on the pitch 2nd half, bodes well, first game back and the boy is 18
  • Grav - needs a hell of a lot of game time to see how good he is, apart from his (ace) assist, miles off the pace
  • Endo - looks a limited player
  • Elliott - one of those games where he looks like he's a member of the public who has won a competition to play with LFC, he has a fair few of those games tbf
  • Doak - not his night, ran up his own arse
  • Nunez - the usual frustrating/great performance
  • Diaz - crap then ace then crap then ace
  • The subs - class tells

• Tsimkas - terrible
  • Badger - best player on the pitch 2nd half, bodes well, first game back and the boy is 18
  • Grav - needs a hell of a lot of game time to see how good he is, apart from his (ace) assist, miles off the pace
  • Endo - looks a limited player
  • Elliott - one of those games where he looks like he's a member of the public who has won a competition to play with LFC, he has a fair few of those games tbf
  • Doak - not his night, ran up his own arse
  • Nunez - the usual frustrating/great performance
  • Diaz - crap then ace then crap then ace
  • The subs - class tells

Well at least you liked Badger Larry.

Don't bother telling us how you really feel about the rest though.

We're obvs going to waltz to the latter stages of this comp, see how we go after that. But I guess we can play teams like this until then.

Badger at RB just didn't work
Tsimkas look out of sorts
Gravenberch looked average all game
Doak look good at times..Needs more games
Endo very poor, who's idea was it to sign him..?

Only watched the 2nd half but thought the first 3 subs were our best players by far. Peak Mo performance

Gravs performance didn't tell us anything new. He's decent technically, decent runner with the ball, receives the ball well on the half turn and draws fouls, passing needs work, and he's not great off the ball.

Grav is going to be a project, but it's easy to forget he's the same age as Jones and has plenty of time on his side. He's also barely played footie in a year and was playing alongside other rusty players. Plenty more to come from him.

Not sure about Endo.

Last edited:
Yep, showed a lot of nice stuff....uses his body well and smartly to draw fouls, only issue I had was his passing......came across as too casual and his touch at times can be a bit flaky (his little give and go with Harvey when he ventured into the box).

But a fine assist on your debut is good going.

dont ask if you like him..
You probably don't know this, I scoured every CDM in Europe, and this guy was not on my radar. He was not mentioned in any article I read anywhere. When I heard we signed a 31 year old for not £2m but for £16m I was angry. However, the compilation and post signing articles indicated he was a good squad signing. I said Nunez was going to take time, Gravenberch and Endo will need time. So I don't think we will see the best of him till Jan

You probably don't know this, I scoured every CDM in Europe, and this guy was not on my radar. He was not mentioned in any article I read anywhere. When I heard we signed a 31 year old for not £2m but for £16m I was angry. However, the compilation and post signing articles indicated he was a good squad signing. I said Nunez was going to take time, Gravenberch and Endo will need time. So I don't think we will see the best of him till Jan

You can give Endo all the time in the world, won't matter cause he's a stopgap.
It's highly likely that we'll buy another DM.

Endo doesn't have time. The others do.

Endo doesn't have time. The others do.

I actually feel really sorry for Endo, I mean he is the captain of his national side where he led them to victories against Germany, and Spain in the world cup just last year, and he was the captain of his club team in Germany where he was loved and highly rated in the league itself as a CDM. Now he is a team and a league where he is not rated at all. It's like us forcefully signing him was a way to destroy a mans life, and self-respect, if you deep it on a human level - it's actually worse than having him in our team. We are cunts for signing him.

I actually feel really sorry for Endo, I mean he is the captain of his national side where he led them to victories against Germany, and Spain in the world cup just last year, and he was the captain of his club team in Germany where he was loved and highly rated in the league itself as a CDM. Now he is a team and a league where he is not rated at all. It's like us forcefully signing him was a way to destroy a mans life, and self-respect, if you deep it on a human level - it's actually worse than having him in our team. We are cunts for signing him.

Well, if he's a strong personality, and believes in himself, he'll figure in somehow.

It's a marathon and there will be injuries. Far shittier players than him have played a part in our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom