• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LASK on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is better than playing in green.

Disagree. Any hint of blue (and there's a bit of that in this purple kit) is what we have to avoid at all costs IMO. Kit manufacturer design departments who come up with that for a Liverpool kit should be roasted over an open fire.

Clear pen. See pic below (and at around 12 secs in the video), studs up on Diaz's shin, he tried to pull out but too late. Ref was adamant and VAR confirmed it (if he'd have missed his shin then it would have been overturned). It wasn't a leg breaker but a clear foul nonetheless.

befunky-collage_-_2023-09-21t121638_062.jpg_1941532123.jpg

Ball was long gone when the tackle happened. Maybe that makes it even more penalty esque?

On the plus side Gravenberch :

1 Assist
Created the most chances (5)
Was the most fouled player (4) committed 2 fouls.
Made 8 recoveries
45 times in possession

On the other hand :

24/36 passes completed (67%)
Gravenberch lost possession a whopping 17 times – five more than Wataru Endo and four times more than Harvey Elliott (however I'd also say that quite a few passes were 'adventurous' and that may or may not be a good thing).

Highlights

Interview with him post match, admits he was "sloppy sometimes".

I thought he showed some really lovely touches, and he's clearly a progressive midfielder-- we have moved a long way from the Hendo/ Fabs axis with our new midfield signings. I would say he really needs to work on protecting the ball in tight spots in midfield, and competing for it more strongly-- in short, the Gini skillset. But he's clearly a talented lad and there's loads for our coaches to work with in him.

Oh I think he'll do just fine with the large increase in salary, playing for one of the world's top teams instead of a minnow, in the league he's always dreamt of playing in, alongside world class players and actually having a real chance at winning a trophy(ies). All at 31 when he must have thought his time had gone. I bet he's loving being here and must think he's dreaming.
Thats what you think.

It's what most people with two brain cells to rub together will think, particularly considering the fact that he gave interviews saying a lot of it when he signed.

Gravenberch was awful. I’m not having all this “he hasn’t played any football for years” shite. That’s been his job for basically the whole of his life. He was out on the pitch and looked like he didn’t give a fuck. He’s shite I tells ye.

Yeah, but also, if we’re going to take some time coming together as a team, then it’s now - Klopp generally rotates first half of the season then sticks to the same team for the business end.
Ya not saying he's shit just not waxing lyrically about him playing well... It was an average at best preformance against a fairly poor opposition. Not going to judge him on it one way or another

Gravenberch was awful. I’m not having all this “he hasn’t played any football for years” shite. That’s been his job for basically the whole of his life. He was out on the pitch and looked like he didn’t give a fuck. He’s shite I tells ye.

Klopp disagrees:

F6oD2e6WAAAopW-

Last edited:
I just needed to see Sakho once, live at Anfield against Crystal Palace, to realise that he didn't have a future at LFC.

Ironically a lot of Palace fans give him the lion's share of the credit for the fact that they stayed up the season he went there. I agree he wasn't LFC standard though.

I liked Sakho and he only got sold cos he was a knucklehead who was late for stuff.

I've never been bothered either way about signing Gravenberch, apart from the fact it seemed to be future planning, which is great as we haven't done that for a long time. Equally I can't believe people are judging his future prospects based on his first outing for us in a nothing game, where the best hope was to get a bit of fitness - and he somehow got a great assist.

Stop being weird.

Much like Szoboszlai has never missed a penalty, I have never been wrong about a player after seeing them play for 90 minutes.

I’m just better looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom