• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Villareal (H) - Weds - CL Semi 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Guardiola does something weird (again), City will dominate possession and I think Real will struggle to get out and hurt them.

I hope it is.

Cancello is suspended too. They can be got at if they play Zinchenko, Dias, Ake and Fernandinho at the back.

It is one hell of an opportunity for Real to get at them - hopefully they saw just how many opportunities Atletico got once they started attacking them, and that was with their first choice full backs playing.

Villareal are incredibly respectful of Liverpool and the 97 as well. I can't figure it out, have there been meaningful interactions in the past between the supporters of both teams?

Did some checking on Villareal's form.

Excellent away from home in the CL last 16 and quarters, with that win at Juve (2 pens in a 3-0 win) and drawing at Bayern (1-1). However they were beaten home and away by United in the group stages (2-1 & 2-0).

In La Liga they have very good home form (all matches incs. draws vs. Juve, Real and AM and beating Bayern 1-0). Their last home defeat (all matches) came last November against Barca (1-3). However they have lost 3 of their last 4 away from home. Form in their last 10 matches (all comps) is W5-D2-L3

They had a massive win against Bayern. Looked at the celebration that they have allready achieved a lot and might be happy to just be in the Semi.

It’s all pointing to us needing a repeat of the QFs. City to get nothing/just squeak a win vs Madrid and us to batter Villarreal to make the 2nd leg inconsequential
(I know it is home - away this time)

The worse state City go to Leeds in the better whilst we need our ‘A’ game vs New Saudi

Unless Guardiola does something weird (again), City will dominate possession and I think Real will struggle to get out and hurt them.

Yeah, by all logic Real should lose comfortably across both legs.

But it's Real and they have incredible belief/heritage in the CL.

Guardiola still hasn't proven himself as a great tactician in Europe (without the cheat code called Messi).

City may dominate today, but I fancy Vinny Jnr up against Stones, if they leave him 1 v 1 in any moment of the game.

Reactions: dee
Yeah, by all logic Real should lose comfortably across both legs.

But it's Real and they have incredible belief/heritage in the CL.

Guardiola still hasn't proven himself as a great tactician in Europe (without the cheat code called Messi).

City may dominate today, but I fancy Vinny Jnr up against Stones, if they leave him 1 v 1 in any moment of the game.

City were so dominant and it was hilarious watching Madrid score those goals. Don't want City winning the second leg, we need revenge against Madrid.
Hopefully we can get a good lead on Villareal tonight.

Real Madrid are a strange one this season. Chelsea really should've beaten them and City should be out of sight but somehow they keep coming back. Benzema is having a hell of a season.

This game worries me, as they will look to catch us on the counter, and these lot are way better than Everton

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...moreno-liverpool-villarreal-breaking-23791520

Villarreal defender Alberto Moreno has admitted that his side will have to “suffer” if they are to overcome his former club Liverpool in their Champions League semi-final showdowns.
Moreno will not be fit to face the Reds having suffered a knee ligament injury last month but his absence did not stop Unai Emery’s men from navigating past both Juventus and Bayern Munich to become one of the final four teams left in the competition.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has already insisted his side will not underestimate Villarreal in the same way as the Yellow Submarine’s past opponents. And having played for the Reds under Klopp, Moreno is all too aware that the La Liga outfit will face a sizeable task when they line up against the Premier League high flyers at Anfieild in the first leg on Wednesday.
READ MORE: Jurgen Klopp gives Roberto Firmino injury update after Liverpool absence

ah no he’s not playing, out injured

Roberto Firmino is likely to miss the first leg of Liverpool's Champions League semi-final with Villarreal, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.
The Brazilian is set to remain sidelined with the foot injury that has kept him out of the Reds' last two fixtures.
However, the manager has reported no other fresh fitness concerns following Sunday’s Merseyside derby win over Everton.
Offering an update ahead of Wednesday’s encounter at Anfield, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: "I don't think [he is ready] yet.
“He is running outside and that's good, obviously, but I am not sure. Maybe somebody will surprise me afterwards and tell me, 'Yes, Bobby is in.' [I will have] open arms, but I don't think so.
“Apart from that, no [new injuries] that I know yet.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ju...wsletter-176-2122&dm_i=71VO,5TRT,IB8SJ,O9GY,1

(Liverpool progressed 3-1 on aggregate)
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom