• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Aston Villa (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the quality players we have out there, there is always Jones, Matip and Gomez to fuck it all up.
Can't believe we are starting games (still) with such shite.

We're playing well in attack. Villas high line is making it easier for us, but do they have a choice?
We're a little shaky at the back. No need to be so gung-ho, imo.

Have to say despite his clumsiness, Gomez is handling Diaby pretty well.

I don't want to complain too much but Jones is annoying me a bit. Holds on to the ball for too long

We should be at least 3-0 up.

We are getting Diaz 1v1 on the left alot but he hasn't done much with the chances.

Will take him off at 60 if he still doesn't do more.

Nunez needs to work on his link up play still.

His running in behind has helped us though and we need to find him more, earlier. Acres of space in behind them with a well timed pass. It would help create more space if Salah dropped in a bit more at times and not try to run in behind himself all the time. But we all know he's always desperate for goals himself.

Gomez and Matip have been good, in general.

This midfield has goals in it, but really does lack defensive awareness at times.

We should be up by 4. Great half of football, but we've been sloppy at the back.
I can see Jones being subbed off for Endo.
Diaz will come off for Jota too.
Nunez has the Villa defenders shitting themselves.
Most of our players have been good.
What a classy player Szobo is.

Second half will be better still. They’ll tire and we will bring on jota. Should score at least another.

Good half. Villa had two decent chances, one Gomez fucked up and one where the rest of the defence fucked off and left Gomez to deal with 2 players.
We had plenty of chances and probably should have scored more (Matip especially).

Despite one bad slip, Gomez seems more confident than he has in recent times - this is key for his game. If he can stay focused and confident AND healthy, he'll contribute a lot this year.

The midfield has gone from slow, a liability etc to aggressive, physically capable, dangerous attacking and doing their part defensively. Credit where it's due, we've turned this midfield from being average (at best) to a really good, potentially great, midfield. Can't wait to see what Klopp can do with kids here.

Salah doesn't seem like a player who's head has been turned.

Nunez is 'on' - a bar, a post, and very very dangerous. Still so clumsy at times with the ball, but he is a chance machine.

2-0 is a fair half time score ... could have been 4/5-2 ... so let's get the next goal, and close the game up.

We're playing like it's a pre-season match since we got the second...

So often, we had Mo or Luis free and in behind the defense if we look up and hit the right pass, but more often than not, we just don't see it or don't play it. We should have 4 by now, but they might have had a couple, too. We're still shaky at the back and our propensity to go backward, all the way to Ali so often has caused a few flutters.

Somebody a little earlier said 'they will tire', of Villa. I don't see how... They've barely broken sweat in that first half - I can see them upping their game to start the second and causing us some issues at the back. Hope he's right and I'm wrong, of course.

Gomez overall has been our next defender.
Wonderful to see.
We look fucking dynamite again. More heavy metal than previous years.

Villa still in this. We need another, hopefully Nunez.

For our 2nd and 3rd choice CB's I thought Matip and Gomez did as well as they could.

Szobo and Mac different class.

Nunez doing what Nunez does and creating panic in Villa's defence. That fucking woodwork is starting to do my head in, should have 2 goals.

Salah and Diaz not been the best...making the runs but overdoing it in the final third.

Jones looks on edge, I'd probably look to get Endo on on the hour mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom