• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Playoffs thread.

Oh they are definitely horrible cunts I know that but I love the team. They played some great stuff when I first started watching nfl which is why I choose to support them, they have given me some great moments over the years I have been watching. The best one was the 4th and 26 against the packers, who happen to be the team my best mate supports, Muwahahahaaa...

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg770158#msg770158 date=1231178414]
Arent you a giants fan mucker?
Probably the most critical and unforgiving fans on the east coast.

[/quote]

No that would be the Philly fans, and with Giants fans our players have to earn our respect with hard work and desire (and preferably Ws) if they earn it they get is for life and we stick behind our players. Eli Manning is an untouchable in NYC now - guy is golden. Eagles fans are as red neck as you can get in the North East.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=30001.msg770425#msg770425 date=1231207874]
Oh they are definitely horrible cunts I know that but I love the team. They played some great stuff when I first started watching nfl which is why I choose to support them, they have given me some great moments over the years I have been watching. The best one was the 4th and 26 against the packers, who happen to be the team my best mate supports, Muwahahahaaa...
[/quote]

Ok I hear that, i liked that 4th and 26 play also. I have some respect for the Eagles been a good team. Nd I like McNabb - good QB. Doesn't know how to consistently throw the easy nfl passes though. He isnt a pure QB tho, so expected.

and Whaddapie I know your a Pats fans and hence you hate everything colts - I tend to dislike them too but I have come to love Peyton guy is untouchably good and truly carried a crappy team this year.

And I can see you going 3-1 again on your predictions, maybe 2-2.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg770430#msg770430 date=1231211231]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg770158#msg770158 date=1231178414]

[/quote]

No that would be the Philly fans, and with Giants fans our players have to earn our respect with hard work and desire (and preferably Ws) if they earn it they get is for life and we stick behind our players. Eli Manning is an untouchable in NYC now - guy is golden. Eagles fans are as red neck as you can get in the North East.
[/quote]

Yet Eli was pasted by his own fans almost up untill the point where that ring was slipped on his finger.

Sorry im no eagles fan or anything but this is all a bit rich coming from Giants and even more fucking Dallas fans.

Agreed Andy. Lions fans aren't the best, but when you've been shit for half a century and your best ever player retires by fax, you become sceptical.

The Philly fans sound Ace compared to the fat BBQ addicted types who I imagine go to AF games.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg770405#msg770405 date=1231202209]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg767728#msg767728 date=1230950348]

Arizona, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Baltimore.

[/quote]

3 outta 4 aint bad for somebody who couldn't see the Raiders going to Tampa Bay and winning the week before..!

And I'm delighted that the one I got wrong was Indy - I hate those bastards and their QB.

This week, I'll go for Philly to shock NY, Carolina to end Arizona's dream, Pittsburg to beat San Diego and Baltimore to upset Tennessee.
[/quote]

Agree three out of four, old mate (though only just, where Baltimore-v-Tennessee is concerned), but I think San Diego have "the mo" at the mo and will take the Steelers down.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg770433#msg770433 date=1231211482]
[quote author=Fallon link=topic=30001.msg770425#msg770425 date=1231207874]
[/quote]

Ok I hear that, i liked that 4th and 26 play also. I have some respect for the Eagles been a good team. Nd I like McNabb - good QB. Doesn't know how to consistently throw the easy nfl passes though. He isnt a pure QB tho, so expected.

and Whaddapie I know your a Pats fans and hence you hate everything colts - I tend to dislike them too but I have come to love Peyton guy is untouchably good and truly carried a crappy team this year.

And I can see you going 3-1 again on your predictions, maybe 2-2.
[/quote]

I hate him, yes.

But I also acknowledge that he's unquestionably the best QB in the game today, and by the time it's all over with him, he may be in the discussion for greatest of all time.

And I know that he's a good guy and funny as f#$! in those adds and TV skits.

But I hate the way the NFL manufactured a title for him - Some of the calls that he / they got that season were disgusting. The same way the refs over here assist man.u... Makes me puke.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg770547#msg770547 date=1231237576]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet Eli was pasted by his own fans almost up untill the point where that ring was slipped on his finger.

Sorry im no eagles fan or anything but this is all a bit rich coming from Giants and even more fucking Dallas fans.

[/quote]

While I'm no fan of the Cowpokes, I'll not have their fans compared to the human arsewipes that are the Iggles and Giants fans...

Loud and obnoxious, yes, but they're not evil, nasty wankers (mostly) like those other tarts.

What's that all about Andy?

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg770547#msg770547 date=1231237576]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We booed him for throwing 20 picks a season and almost every ball high. If he didn't have the tallest collection of wide receivers at the time he would have had 30 picks. He also only showed his stuff under pressure. so we were right to get on him. As soon as that game in NY week 17 we layed off him. When he did what he did we made him the icon. I am sorry but NY fans in general aren't booing unforgiving machines so it makes no sense.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg770805#msg770805 date=1231258273]
I hate him, yes.

But I also acknowledge that he's unquestionably the best QB in the game today, and by the time it's all over with him, he may be in the discussion for greatest of all time.

But I hate the way the NFL manufactured a title for him - Some of the calls that he / they got that season were disgusting. The same way the refs over here assist man.u... Makes me puke.
[/quote]

Now you have gone OTT, he is never gonna win another Super Bowl so I am never gonna put him in the discussion for Greatest QB of all time. And I also think you are wrong about him being the best QB in the league, I unfortunately put TB their, QB is a winning game and no one has done it better bar one astronomically good performance by the G-men.

The Colts were a great defensive team that year - its how they won.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg770827#msg770827 date=1231259834]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg770805#msg770805 date=1231258273]
I hate him, yes.

[/quote]

Now you have gone OTT, he is never gonna win another Super Bowl so I am never gonna put him in the discussion for Greatest QB of all time. And I also think you are wrong about him being the best QB in the league, I unfortunately put TB their, QB is a winning game and no one has done it better bar one astronomically good performance by the G-men.

The Colts were a great defensive team that year - its how they won.
[/quote]

Winning SBs is not the only yardstick to judge a QB by, mate - Dan Marino never won it, and he's an all-time great.

I'm not going OTT at all - Bottom line: Over the past ten years, if you needed one QB to drive a team to win the game late on to save your life, you'd pick Peyton Manning. He's a surgeon.

He's the best of this generation.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=30001.msg769659#msg769659 date=1231124888]
Come on you Eagles!
[/quote]

A fellow Birds fan!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh how wonderful it will be to wipe that smug, NYC smile off your face. Its coming....Beware the Birds!

he is never gonna win another Super Bowl so I am never gonna put him in the discussion for Greatest QB of all time. [/quote]

I could be wrong, but didn't you once agree with me that Barry Sanders is the greatest RB ever? (much to LTW's annoyance).

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30001.msg771114#msg771114 date=1231275371]
he is never gonna win another Super Bowl so I am never gonna put him in the discussion for Greatest QB of all time. [/quote]

I could be wrong, but didn't you once agree with me that Barry Sanders is the greatest RB ever? (much to LTW's annoyance).
[/quote]

Most people outside of North Texas agree with you on that one, Georgie...

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg770880#msg770880 date=1231263475]
Winning SBs is not the only yardstick to judge a QB by, mate - Dan Marino never won it, and he's an all-time great.

I'm not going OTT at all - Bottom line: Over the past ten years, if you needed one QB to drive a team to win the game late on to save your life, you'd pick Peyton Manning. He's a surgeon.

[/quote]

SBs are the single most important stat to QBs imo,

And right now for a 4th Qt comeback or OT I take Eli right now but that is just cause I have confidence in that as a Giants fan BUT

Tom Brady has executed 28 4th qt or OT comebacks in his his 8 season, Peyton only 3 more in 3 more season. Brady did it twice in SBs, and did it again last year just Eli did it back. As a Pats fan you should know the most clutch QB in the past decade has been mr TB. Peyton is the guy I want from the beginning of a game to dominate it fully - but Brady is comeback king currently. (Eli'll take that over imo)

Peyton actually chokes somewhat under pressure. Its the only time he'll get sacked is late in an important game. He is a great QB and even great in the late game sits (esp this year) but he aint the best. And you should know you have the best at it.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30001.msg771114#msg771114 date=1231275371]

[/quote]

I agree that Barry is the most skillfull RB of all time and I do agree the better than Emmitt. I kind of think that either or both of Walter Payton and Jim Brown were better than both of those. But yeah SBs are not as important to RBs as it is to QBs but still important.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg771159#msg771159 date=1231277039]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg770880#msg770880 date=1231263475]

[/quote]

SBs are the single most important stat to QBs imo,

And right now for a 4th Qt comeback or OT I take Eli right now but that is just cause I have confidence in that as a Giants fan BUT

Tom Brady has executed 28 4th qt or OT comebacks in his his 8 season, Peyton only 3 more in 3 more season. Brady did it twice in SBs, and did it again last year just Eli did it back. As a Pats fan you should know the most clutch QB in the past decade has been mr TB. Peyton is the guy I want from the beginning of a game to dominate it fully - but Brady is comeback king currently. (Eli'll take that over imo)

Peyton actually chokes somewhat under pressure. Its the only time he'll get sacked is late in an important game. He is a great QB and even great in the late game sits (esp this year) but he aint the best. And you should know you have the best at it.
[/quote]

That's usually because he out the Colts out in front early and tended to keep them there...

If you have the same offense in front of them, I'd pick Peyton Manning over ANYBODY I've ever seen except for Joe Montana. He is the single greatest ever, imho. Peyton is amoung a select group vying for 2nd place.

Your comeback stats are unfair to top QBs who didn't need to do much coming back in their careers... Troy Aikman, for example. Fabulous, pinpoint accurate QB who gets shelled 'cos he didn't have a lot of comeback victories. He didn't flippin' need them!

If you use SBs are a barometer, Trent Dilfer is the same as Peyton Manning and better than Dan Marino. And Phil Simms is amoung the all-time greats... I don't think so.

Listen, I hate PM and the Colts, and yes, I love the Pats and TB, but though he has found a way to win more often than most, and I'd certainly have him close behind PM in my current ratings, as a pure QB, PM has all of the tools and simply disects defenses in a way that is unmatched, when he's on... Even TB takes a backseat to PM in full flight.

You even say it above - You'd want him for the whole game, but TB for comebacks...

Late comebacks aren't as typical as you'd think - Gimme the QB who gets you out in front and keeps you there.

Anyway, I can't believe that I've defended this cnut this often... ENOUGH! Delighted that he's out, and almost want the NYG to win it now, so that his poxy, dumb kid brother has more rings than him.

Almost.

I am getting really excited for this game, my Eagles friend thinks we'll batter them but is ready to laugh in my face if the upset does present itself.

Eli picks a hell of a day to play like a cunt.
Laughable performance from almost every single Giant.

true, im so pissed - a horrible way to end the season. There is something wrong that top seeds can't win recently in the NFL - if the bye week isn't an advantage there might need to be a change in the rules somewhere.

Excellent. The Giants and Cowboys, both cunts and both out of the equation. I'm not a major Colts fan either so it's good news so far.

Well Andy, I think you've got my support for the playoffs. Go Steelers!

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg775570#msg775570 date=1231710461]
true, im so pissed - a horrible way to end the season. There is something wrong that top seeds can't win recently in the NFL - if the bye week isn't an advantage there might need to be a change in the rules somewhere.
[/quote]

Why? You deservedly lost. What do the rules need to be changed for?

Fucking hell what a start to our game.

Brilliant drive from Rivers for the lead and a top special teams score for holmes.
We needed that.

Back
Top Bottom