• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Playoffs thread.

As I said, he's a good possession receiver who's an excellent #2, but not a great #1 ... He's a 'Steeler icon', so of course you won't change him for anyone -

ESPN.com listed him as one league's dirtiest players ... I hope that's not why you like him ... ;)

Kark-i dont think Ben is overated. Most steelers fans are well aware of his limitations, but he feels like a traditional franchise hero to us.
Hes like Jamie carragher (under Houllier) he isnt the best, he doesnt have the most accurate arm, he allows himself to get sacked a lot, he throws stupid passes/interceptions etc but... He can make huge plays, he can manage a game as well as anyone, and crucially he has the total trust and respect of his team.
He'll never be mvp but he will make victories.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg782825#msg782825 date=1232379527]
Kark-i dont think Ben is overated. Most steelers fans are well aware of his limitations, but he feels like a traditional franchise hero to us.
Hes like Jamie carragher (under Houllier) he isnt the best, he doesnt have the most accurate arm, he allows himself to get sacked a lot, he throws stupid passes/interceptions etc but... He can make huge plays, he can manage a game as well as anyone, and crucially he has the total trust and respect of his team.
He'll never be mvp but he will make victories.
[/quote]

yup ... I'd rather have him than Tony Romo.

Maybe i should clarify that Wiz.
If you offered me Randy Moss or TO (if he wasnt bonkers) for Ward of course id take it, but if we needed 15 yards from one play with the clock ticking id put it in wards hands every single time.
He doesnt drop the ball, and he grinds out add on yards.
Thats vital for me.

And he is our #1 and has been for years, heading a very average reciever core, and here he is in his second superbowl in 4 years after playing in his 4th championship game.
Not bad for a #2 eh?

I only he mean he is over rated with all the credit he gets from the press, put him on any other team and he struggles to maintain his starting position. The media saying he is the best quarterback from his draft class and such is a joke. He is a good fit for the team he is on, but nothing special.

I would take Romo any day and twice on Sunday.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg782832#msg782832 date=1232380106]
Really? That suprises me. I thought you loved Romo?
[/quote]

I am not sold on the fact he's able to win the big game (although I don't blame him for either playoff loss under his guidance) and his stupid throws, although it's part in parcel, really irritates me.

Romo will settle down as he ages, Dallas Cowboys quarterback is the most glamorous position in the NFL. His problem is he started to hot, then cooled off a bit and started to become overcome by the pressure on him because of his position. So he naturally started to try and make things happen. He will mature and realize that everyone has a bad throw or game, and it does not help to try and get it all back on the next play or series or game.

I truly believe he is the man to take us all the way.

Sorry, why is Dallas Cowboys Quarterback the most glamorous position in the nfl?

Because, it is the most high profile position, on the most high profile team, in the league.

If there was a survey of current NFL quarterbacks, and they answered honestly, at least seventy percent of them would say they dreamed of playing quarterback for the Cowboys, guaranteed.

Serious most kids not from a major city, watch the Cowboys week in and week out. They are the one team that are always on TV. When I lived in California, in the middle of Chargers and Raiders country, I did not miss one Cowboys game, they showed them every week.

Its this type of exposure that makes the team so glamorous, if you turn on ESPN right now, you won't have to wait long until, they report something on the Cowboys, good or bad. It is constant.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg782882#msg782882 date=1232383247]
Ok, i take your word for it.
[/quote]

He's right, Andy.

You've already said it... They're the Salford United of the NFL. They're either loved, or despised, but EVERYBODY knows them. And they are the team that most kids want to play for.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30001.msg782837#msg782837 date=1232380496]

I would take Romo any day and twice on Sunday.

[/quote]

You're f#$!ing mental, son.

Romo has done nothing to prove he'll ever be anything more than a good regular season QB who chokes most of the time, when the big game is on the line. And he's no leader. Yet.

Now, he MIGHT turn into Joe Montana, fair enough... But, TODAY, anybody who'd take him over a QB who's now in his 2nd Super Bowl in what? 4 years, is simply blinded by their hatred of the team who may be about to take your title as most successful team ever.

Of course, like you always say, he is not a finished product. But you take Rothlesburger out of Pittsburgh and he would be benched, unless he played for Baltimore. He does just enough, which is to say he helps his team slightly more than he hurts it. Pittsburgh is one of the few teams that can turn a quarterback into a "squad player".

Romo will calm down, stop believing everything that is written about him, and absorb the pressure that is on him, and win us multiple Super Bowls.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30001.msg782977#msg782977 date=1232392095]
Of course, like you always say, he is not a finished product. But you take Rothlesburger out of Pittsburgh and he would be benched, unless he played for Baltimore. He does just enough, which is to say he helps his team slightly more than he hurts it. Pittsburgh is one of the few teams that can turn a quarterback into a "squad player".

Romo will calm down, stop believing everything that is written about him, and absorb the pressure that is on him, and win us multiple Super Bowls.
[/quote]

Maybe he does 'just enough' becuase of what he has to work with, eh?

Tom Brady didn't look like Superman until he actually had some good receivers around him, last season either. We used to to think him a bsu driver too, remember.

Dallas will NEVER win a SB with JJ, WP and TO together. They just won't... Jerry has to get a real coach in there, and not just a yes man who strokes his ego...

Are we talking about Romo, or the disfunctionality of the whole team. If so, I agree WP is a huge part of the problem, as is TO, JJ is who he is, and he won't go away, but he will find a way to get it done, whatever it takes.

And of course a quarterback is made better by who surrounds him, but the difference between say Brady and Big Ben, is Brady could go to any team and have an impact because he is a total quarterback, not a role player as Big Ben is.

My take:

Clean hit. Glad to hear he's ok.

Ravens defense in their Super Bowl year = the best. They won with Dilfer, FFS!

Shannon Sharpe said Polumau (sp?) wasn't the best safety in the league currently because he hadn't returned any of his picks for touchdowns this year. Sharpe is eating his shoe according to latest updates.

Steelers will win but I hope the Cards at least make a game of it.

I heard a joke on the radio this morning I thought ya'll would get a kick out of.

The Dallas Cowboys are asking permission from the NFL to change their name to the Dallas Tampons, because the are only good for one period and they have no second string.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg784110#msg784110 date=1232468148]
Hahaha id rather be a hotdog vendor at Oakland.
[/quote]

That has to rank up with underwater welder as most dangerous job.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30001.msg783024#msg783024 date=1232394618]
Are we talking about Romo, or the disfunctionality of the whole team. If so, I agree WP is a huge part of the problem, as is TO, JJ is who he is, and he won't go away, but he will find a way to get it done, whatever it takes.
And of course a quarterback is made better by who surrounds him, but the difference between say Brady and Big Ben, is Brady could go to any team and have an impact because he is a total quarterback, not a role player as Big Ben is.
[/quote]

What are you basing this one, amigo.

It's his ego that ran Jimmy Johnson off, when you should have won 4 or 5 straight.

It's his ego that ran Parcells off, becuase he couldn't handle that he wasn't afraid to say "no" to him.

And it's his ego that has such buffoons as Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips overseeing teams that are / were a laughing stock, due mostly to the drafting and 'development' of players by the general manager.

Jerry is the problem, kiddo. You'll NEVER get back where you once were with him in charge...

Jerry has a big ego, everyone knows that, but what Jerry has going for him is there is no bigger fan of the Dallas Cowboys in the world than him.

We have the team, I guarantee you he will tell the players to tone it down and just play, this year they listen to him, Wade Phillips is a buffoon, but tactically he is a good coach, he just has no people skills. Jerry will tell the team to take it easy on him and Wade will just go out and coach. The difference between Wade and Campo and Gailey is they had no skills whereas Wade has about fifty percent of the skills, in my mind enough to get it done. All we can do is hope.

I do think Jerry is becoming more like Al Davis every year, but like Al Davis, he ain't going nowhere, we just got to ride it out and hope or the best, until he passes away.

This probably makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom