• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man Utd (a) FA Cup - Sunday 15:30

He's a coward, and he picked the easiest pass so he didn't have to worry about it any more

A really bad day at the office. The players played a European Cup Game on Thursday and are fatigued.

You know what, this place is all sort of old man sweaty ball sack flavoured before we go into an International break at the best of times… but after Q/F a FA Cup defeat to Utd this place will be about as fun as being forced to watch highlights of Everton’s season while being fisted by Sean Dyche with sparkling Shiraz being used for lube.

I can’t wait for the daily torturing of Gakpo & Diaz - by the time we’re all sneaking down to (pick your favourite supermarket) on the hunt for last minute discounted Easter Eggs, we’ll have likely managed to include 90% of the squad and have several posters take professional hits out on Dreamie (I know a place).

I spent the game literally trying not to shit myself on account of gastro and having to run and re-settle the little monster, who decide to start screaming every 15 minutes (I didn’t see any of our goals live).

I couldn’t even have a feckin’ Guinness on St Paddies Day, less I had a Guinness shooting out my ass like a fountain - I’ve never been so fucking ecstatic to see something approaching a solid poo eventually pop out.

Thank fuck P4AH FC (thank you @Jürgen4PM) stepped up to their usual level - if I’d have lost that!!!! Jay-Zus!!

So… any chance we can not spend the next 2 weeks or so biting chunks out of each other and half the team and maybe think happy thoughts about how we may have just got tha bald Dutch cunt another year to stay in post and keep that whopper Antony with him.

Last edited:
Diaz felt his groin go
Nunez felt his hammy
Gakpo twisted his ankle

So great day all round
Well I’m not going to say I told you so…. :D

My biggest worry is the confidence the team loses when our strongest team gets beaten like that.
We’ve gambled big on trying to win everything and so far we are 1/2.
Hopefully we end up 3/4 but obviously I have big doubts we can stretch that far.
This game showed if nothing else we are beatable by anyone if it’s a day where fatgue gets the best of us.

It was worrying we conceded what 25 shots in 90 mins. Wtaf?
Also dont worry, the last time we lost 4-3 in the FA Cup we went on to win the league.

Chalk it up to a bad day at the office, and just go on a stupid free scoring win streak now

How many chances do you need to create? Not that Jota is a creator himself. We scored 3. Our defending was a shambles and we could’ve conceded about 6, we knew we’d struggle with Utd’d pace like we did at Anfield and still did nothing to help ourselves. Jota wouldn’t have really helped much at all.
the 5 vs 2 Jota would have made a better choice than Gakpo, and would not have needed so many touches before getting a shot off...
Just overuall he would have made his present on the field more deeply felt

You know what, this place is all sort of old man sweaty ball sack flavoured before we go into an International break at the best of times… but after Q/F a FA Cup defeat to Utd this place will be about as fun as being forced to watch highlights of Everton’s season while being fisted by Sean Dyche with sparkling Shiraz being used for lube.

I can’t wait for the daily torturing of Gakpo & Diaz - by the time we’re all sneaking down to (pick your favourite supermarket) on the hunt for last minute discounted Easter Eggs, we’ll have likely managed to include 90% of the squad and have several posters take professional hits out on Dreamie (I know a place).

I spent the game literally trying not to shit myself on account of gastro and having to run and re-settle the little monster, who decide to start screaming every 15 minutes (I didn’t see any of our goals live).

I couldn’t even have a feckin’ Guinness on St Paddies Day, less I had a Guinness shooting out my ass like a fountain - I’ve never been so fucking ecstatic to see something approaching a solid poo eventually pop out.

Thank fuck P4AH FC (thank you @Jürgen4PM) stepped up to their usual level - if I’d have lost that!!!! Jay-Zus!!

So… any chance we can not spend the next 2 weeks or so biting chunks out of each other and half the team and maybe think happy thoughts about how we may have just got tha bald Dutch cunt another year to stay in post and keep that whopper Antony with him.
Sorry for your troubles

We were never going to win every single game remaining, and we've not played particularly well recently, bar the cheats 115 match.

This performance and result was always gonna come. That squad is exhausted, and we're still without several major superstars... We couldn't hold out forever. I not surprised, I honestly only care because it's THOSE fuckers and I'm just glad it happened in - by far - our least important remaining match.

Every last one of us would have thought the position we find ourselves in with 10 matches remaining utterly impossible to envision back in July of last summer, now we're slaughtering the players for one slip-up in the past few months.

FFS, lads... Have some perspective. This time next year, we'll likely be wishing for these kind of problems.

I think it was in the last match thread I said it was time we stopped fucking about at the back and started hoofing it. I'm sorry. I didn't think the stupid cunts who play for us took any notice of me. Won't happen again.

Nah, I get the need for some to downplay the significance of yesterday's defeat, but I can't do it. It wasn't a case of fatigue or of bad luck or of tired legs. It was a lack of heart and mentality.

We were well below par that first half and still went in at the break ahead. We were in second gear in the second half and they barely touched the ball. Even in extra time we were knackered with a load of kids and Gakpo on the pitch and we still took the lead again. They're a fucking shit team, and with a smidgen more effort we would've battered them.

Instead, the players looked like they just had to show up and that would be enough to walk all over them. It nearly was. But to have that mentality in a game against your oldest enemy, in a match of that magnitude with a semi final against Coventry City at stake, in Klopp's final few months is almost unforgivable.

A lot of those players have a lot of credit in the bank, and to be honest, I'd rather we won the league game if we had to pick one. But I hope they got an absolute bollocking.

If they show up against that shower of shite in the league game with that level of performance and mentality then they can get to fuck.

That was an opportunity to carry on doing something special, as well absolutely destroying United emotionally and mentally. Instead we might have just reignited their season, given them hope for the league game and lit a rocket up their arses.

Nothing other than a win and significantly more desire and determination is acceptable in 3 weeks time. Otherwise they can do one.

Nah, I get the need for some to downplay the significance of yesterday's defeat, but I can't do it. It wasn't a case of fatigue or of bad luck or of tired legs. It was a lack of heart and mentality.

We were well below par that first half and still went in at the break ahead. We were in second gear in the second half and they barely touched the ball. Even in extra time we were knackered with a load of kids and Gakpo on the pitch and we still took the lead again. They're a fucking shit team, and with a smidgen more effort we would've battered them.

Instead, the players looked like they just had to show up and that would be enough to walk all over them. It nearly was. But to have that mentality in a game against your oldest enemy, in a match of that magnitude with a semi final against Coventry City at stake, in Klopp's final few months is almost unforgivable.

A lot of those players have a lot of credit in the bank, and to be honest, I'd rather we won the league game if we had to pick one. But I hope they got an absolute bollocking.

If they show up against that shower of shite in the league game with that level of performance and mentality then they can get to fuck.

That was an opportunity to carry on doing something special, as well absolutely destroying United emotionally and mentally. Instead we might have just reignited their season, given them hope for the league game and lit a rocket up their arses.

Nothing other than a win and significantly more desire and determination is acceptable in 3 weeks time. Otherwise they can do one.

Did you copy and paste this from the Arsenal game?

A positive now that we are down to two competitions is that we should see more opportunities to rest key players, and with a stronger bench post injuries we will be able to change a game more.

Did you copy and paste this from the Arsenal game?

A positive now that we are down to two competitions is that we should see more opportunities to rest key players, and with a stronger bench post injuries we will be able to change a game more.

I'm more baffled that people cant see when a team and players are gassed and tired, and call it lack of fight.
Most of our players couldnt even walk, least of all run, when the final whistle went at 122 minutes.
It was just one game to many in a short period of time for a dismantled squad. We move on.

Utter utter BS. It was clearly fatigue. You could see it from late in the 90 mins onwards. Even when we scored that lucky 3rd I never thought we'd win because we were out on our feet. Suffering from both physical and mental fatigue. 18 high pressure games in 2024 to United's 12.

You accuse THIS team, a Klopp team, of not having heart or the mentality? Nauseating.

You should have seen the earlier post i typed but couldnt be arsed so i deleted it.

I'm telling you lads....fantasy football is bad for your mental health !!!

It's just a kicker we lost top spot due to wasteful finishing against city. It'll be hard to claw that back

Klopp: “Now the boys go on international duty, we hope they come back healthy.

“Lucho [Diaz] felt his groin, Darwin hamstring. Cody twisted his ankle. They play again in four or five days, it’s crazy. Hopefully we will finish the season in style. I really feel for our people.”

Klopp giving excuses now.

Can’t wait for him to leave. No heart whatsoever at all. Loser.

And two of our most useless players injured too. Donkey excluded.

Mentality chickens.

I do enjoy the moments on this site where it's hard to tell if a poster is being sarcastic/a troll or a fucking idiot, purely based on posting history.

Like, if froggy or Hansen posted something uncharacteristically negative about the team, we'd know it was a a bit

It's just a kicker we lost top spot due to wasteful finishing against city. It'll be hard to claw that back
Between the missed chances, the multiple ridiculous refereeing decisions, and the injuries, it will be a mini miracle if we manage to win the league.

Just catching up. There might have been some element of fatigue maybe. But to see Gakpo strolling about as if he had been kneecapped after 20 minutes was sickening. Have you lot seen Man United's injury list by the way? Their back 4 that finished the game was Dalot, Maguire, Fernandes - who couldn't walk, and Antony. Look at the fucking kip of that. We didn't even try to test them.

Where mentality comes into it is in the second half when we were dominant and in control and made lazy decisions, and half-arsed attempts.

Yeah, I'm sure there was an element of fatigue in the team. But to put that down as the single factor, or even the main factor, is wrong and disingenuous.

As painful as it is to say, Man United wanted it more on the day. Accept that and work harder next time. That's all it would have taken.

And to you hysterical fannies crying about what I said...

Pointing out the lack of effort is so jarring and glaring BECAUSE that is precisely what characterises this team almost in every game. I just don't think they showed it on Sunday. Well, not enough of them.

Look at someone like Diaz. Not perfect by any means, but works his bollocks off. Almost to a fault. Can you say Gakpo put in that level of effort? Look at how the players were in second gear, squandering a multitude of good openings, with lazy, lacklustre passes. We still nearly beat them. Just a percent or two more and they would have had enough. If they didn't have it to give, then fair enough. They've shown it on more than enough occasions. But I don't think that's the case. They played slightly within themselves for my money. United wanted it more, and that was the difference.

Back
Top Bottom