• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sheffield United (H) - Thursday 19:30

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Very different dynamic to todays game.

We play a day after Arsenal & City do, and this is under lights. We need an electric crowd. Today’s was bang average. 4 home games left of Klopp, let’s hope it steps up.

Can’t see anything different to today’s line up, although i dread the prospect of watching us have Gomez play the inverted full back again. We neglected the left flank way too much.

I expect Konate to get a full week of rest ready for Old Trafford.

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

The earlier we get goals in the first half, the sooner we can manage the minutes of some key players.

Sheffield Uniteds goal difference is minus fifty. It should be a case of how many.

Nunez, Salah and Diaz will be licking their lips for this one. We just need to turn up with the right attitude from the outset and see this as a welcome chance to boost the goal difference.

It would actually be fun to watch us 424 it

Back 5

Endo
Macca

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo
Diaz

Full send.

-------------------Kelleher
Gomez--Konate---VVD---Tsimikas
----------------------Endo
-------Elliott-----------------Mac Allister
---Salah---------Nunez---------Diaz

I'd probably go something like this and bring Jones and Grav on for minutes.

Kelleher Bradley Konate Virgil Kostas Endo Elliott Mac Salah Nunez Diaz

This could be double figures if we want it to be and Darwin/Mo bring their shooting boots.

Why are we playing on a Thursday that's weird. I feel like we already played Sheff Utd twice already. Would play Gakpo and Nuñez for confidence reasons. Would rest Macca

We start with the United team and then see who can play 3 games in a week and who needs resting (coming on / going off).

So for United it's our strongest team.

-------------------Kelleher​

Bradley --- Konate ------ VvD ------ Gomez​

------------------------- Endo

------------ Szobo ------------------ Mac

--- Salah ----------- Nunez --------- Diaz

Out of those Kells, VvD, Endo, Mac, Mo and Nunez can mange 3 (sub off if possible vs Sheffied).

So the Sheffied starting team :

-------------------Kelleher​

Gomez --- Konate ------ VvD ------ Tsimikas​

------------------------- Endo

------------ Elliott ------------------ Mac

--- Salah ----------- Nunez --------- Gakpo

Quansah comes on for Konate after 60 mins as he can't just drop into the team cold vs United. Gravenberch on for Mac ASAP (even HT). Bradley gets 20 - 30 mins to give Gomez a break. McDonnell for Endo on 60 mins. Danns for Mo. on 60-70 mins.

Fuck goals. Get the 3 pts and rest as many as possible wherever possible for Sunday.

I think the most likely change would be Elliot for Szobo. Possibly Gakpo in there as Diaz has played a lot.

Absolutely i would love elliott to start. Szob either is playing within himself, or dramatically off form. He doesn't seem like the creative spark at the start of the season. Hoping it's just the coming back from injury and not burning himself out.

I don't think we'll see any more kids playing from now on, unless we're up by 3-0 with 10 mins to go.
With kids I mean, McConnell, Clark, Danns and co.

Szobo was excellent in the 2nd half today. He’s coming into some form again.
There was one instance second half where he pressed fantastically well, and forced their keeper in to an error. Otherwise he seemed very reserved to me.

Sheffield Uniteds goal difference is minus fifty. It should be a case of how many.

Nunez, Salah and Diaz will be licking their lips for this one. We just need to turn up with the right attitude from the outset and see this as a welcome chance to boost the goal difference.
SU have caused many teams problems but hopefully they just come and role over.

I'd like us to start like we did against the last team we played in the Europa league (cant remember who they were though).

Game and result like that would be just the tonic going into the game against the Scum...provided we don't fuck it up at Old Toilet again.

I'd like us to start like we did against the last team we played in the Europa league (cant remember who they were though).

Game and result like that would be just the tonic going into the game against the Scum...provided we don't fuck it up at Old Toilet again.
I don’t want us going to OT over confident. 3-0 will be fine.

Dunno if it's unlucky or what but when szob gives the ball away or tries something that leads to us losing possession it often leads to a break against us. Like he's trying high percentage stuff and he's not quite there. I'd rest for elliot.

I’m sure we’ll get King Binny in with some terrific analysis to show me up but what it felt like to me was Bradders high up on the right, Mac in the middle and Szobo out of position on the left with Endo and p/t Gomez holding behind

If I’m right the answer is more Curtis than Elliott

Hahaha what?! The team estranged at the bottom of the PL with just 15 points, having lost 20 of 29 games with a -50 GD (one of the very worst ever) causes many teams problems :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You forget…. Spurs had to score twice deep into injury time to get a result against them.

a number of team have had to dig deep against them. It’s not like they just roll over.

Szobo was excellent in the 2nd half today. He’s coming into some form again.
Much better in the 2nd but he sleep walked through the first.

He used to be more forward looking and direct, now he is just happy to recycle the ball and make the easy passes. Let's hope it's just a post injury phase and he starts feeling it once again.

Much better in the 2nd but he sleep walked through the first.

He used to be more forward looking and direct, now he is just happy to recycle the ball and make the easy passes. Let's hope it's just a post injury phase and he starts feeling it once again.

He’s doing so much off the ball work, running and pressing that his creative side gets less focus. Lets hope for a more balanced version going forward.

They’ve conceded 5+ goals in 7 of their PL games so far
They’ve scored in 19 games this season and scored 2+ in 10 of those games.

They’ve also taken the lead in a lot of their games as opposed to scoring a consolation.

Back
Top Bottom