• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Sheffield United (H) - Thursday 19:30

They’ve scored in 19 games this season and scored 2+ in 10 of those games.

They’ve also taken the lead in a lot of their games as opposed to scoring a consolation.
They've got 9 games to convert their -50 GD to -70 GD to break the record for the worst ever PL GD (at their current rate they are on for -65.5). The second worst is -61 and 3rd worst -57 both of which they are going to romp past.

Absolutely i would love elliott to start. Szob either is playing within himself, or dramatically off form. He doesn't seem like the creative spark at the start of the season. Hoping it's just the coming back from injury and not burning himself out.

He played a cracking ball to Macca for the goal though, but yeah I agree. Harvey looked bright again when he came on and deserves a game.

They've got 9 games to convert their -50 GD to -70 GD to break the record for the worst ever PL GD (at their current rate they are on for -65.5). The second worst is -61 and 3rd worst -57 both of which they are going to romp past.
Everyone expected us to thump the last team in the bottom part of the league and it took a goal in the 99th minute. With Utd Sunday it could easily be a trickier game than many predict.

Anthony Taylor has been appointed referee for Man Utd vs Liverpool.

FFS
If only it could've been Coote again or Kavanagh, or maybe Hooper, or our best friend Tierney or 1 of the other many competent referees available.

Nvm, this is something for the next match day thread.

Last edited:
Anthony Taylor has been appointed referee for Man Utd vs Liverpool.

FFS

He's nowhere near the worst, to be honest, although that definitely isn't a compliment.

It does amuse me a bit though that referees, like commentators, always claim either to support noone or support lower league clubs. It's just so obviously not true.

As posted in the other thread, the last two times he's reffed us at OT we won 2:4 & 0:5

Klopp:

Jones is in contention to make an appearance against Sheff U, but he won't start.
Trent and Jota might join team training next week.
Ali next week too.

So I'm guessing we'll have all of them back for the Palace game.

Edit: he also mentions that Bajcetic is in full training with the u21s and he'll join the first team next week.

Last edited:
Will he? Liverpool met data

Sunrise 06:37
Sunset 19:54

He can scran at HT
Oh yeah, I forgot to consider that you're an hour behind.
The game starts 8.30 here, and the sun sets at around 7.30-ish.

Yes, Stockholm
When I worked at IKEA it was in Helsingborg and Malmo. Most of my colleagues flew in from Stockholm and always said the weather was better then where they'd come from .... Hence I've never gone that far North!!!!!

When I worked at IKEA it was in Helsingborg and Malmo. Most of my colleagues flew in from Stockholm and always said the weather was better then where they'd come from .... Hence I've never gone that far North!!!!!
The west coast is pretty rainy, but yeah the weather better in Malmo.
Although it could be worse, Stockholm isn't technically in the north, we have pretty decent summers here.

Klopp:

Jones is in contention to make an appearance against Sheff U, but he won't start.
Trent and Jota might join team training next week.
Ali next week too.

So I'm guessing we'll have all of them back for the Palace game.

Edit: he also mentions that Bajcetic is in full training with the u21s, so hell join the first team next week.

Endo has a little knock after the Brighton game and is a doubt. Hopefully he plays.

If Endo has a knock then isn’t worth risking him from the start, need him fully ready for Utd. Plus it’s a game to keep him away from potentially picking up a needless yellow.

Be confident with Mac as the #6 here, Szobo and give Grav a start to get up to speed.

Endo has a little knock after the Brighton game and is a doubt. Hopefully he plays.
Of all the last 9 games this is the one I don't mind him missing. Especially with the injured players returning; Curtis and Gravenberch

Yeah if Endo is a risk, we can play a midfield with any 3 of these lads: Macca, Szobo, Elliot, Gravy, Clark. I think Macca as 'DM' would work for this if Sheff Utd sit deep, as Gomez will just 'invert' into that DM gap meaning Macca can do Macca things.

Given the likely low block, I think Elliot on the midfield 3 would be useful.

Endo in top form on Sunday is important.

Oh yeah, I forgot to consider that you're an hour behind.
The game starts 8.30 here, and the sun sets at around 7.30-ish.

The 7:30 game last night had a break about 15 mins in for players to break their fast, so expect he'll grab a drink and a gel or something in that gap then maybe get fuel on in the break.

I know we wouldn't - but it might even be a wise idea to bench Mo, have him fuelled properly at the right time and then sub him on at HT ready to go.

Endo is two yellows away from a 2 game ban but he only needs to avoid that in the next 3 games as it only counts up to the 32 game.

If Endo is carrying even the slightest knock OR one yellow away from missing the game on Sunday, don't play him. If he's both of those things, don't even let him watch the match on the box.

Back
Top Bottom