• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

8 draws this season.

Once again, it's not killing games off that is costing us the points

We’ve had 87 shots in our three matches against United this season… and 2 points

Kambwala, Uniteds, 20th choice centre back, had him in his pocket= 6/10.

You should be banned from doing ratings.
Didn't realise you had to agree with every rating word for word to be able to have that right. Maybe all the guys that do this sorta thing for a living should be banned also? (Just checked and TIA/Echo also both gave him a 6)

Guess I'll be on them on Thursday again whether you like it or not then.

8 draws this season.

Once again, it's not killing games off that is costing us the points
Dropped as many points as Arsenal until now and less than City.

Is it realistic to always score 3 goals to win a game? Then the title was lost before the season began. City and Arsenal both stroll through tonight with a 1 or 2-0 win without any fuck ups at the back.

United’s XG against was higher than ours in the FA Cup - 3.9, this time out ours was much better than theirs. XG against us stat is actually worst in the top 3, which implies we are easier to get and we give a way too many chances to the opposition. It’s a mixture of things but does mean we have are under pressure more.

how on earth did we not bury them in the first half?
answer: none of our strikers are good enough

how on earth did casimero not get sent off for the tackle on diaz at the death?
answer: anthony taylor bottlejob

Fuck it.

These cunts will hit a sticky patch. We had ours now. Ramadan ends Tuesday. Roast chicken dinners for all and then it's goals all the way to some other religious event that I'm not sure who's involved in.

Fuck it.

These cunts will hit a sticky patch. We had ours now. Ramadan ends Tuesday. Roast chicken dinners for all and then it's goals all the way to some other religious event that I'm not sure who's involved in.
That was cunt was in honour of Joe Kinnear.

RIP.

At the start of the season, we would have all been more than happy to be in the position that we find ourselves in now.

I'm 100 % confident that the gooners will drop points (most likely v Spurs, utd or Chelsea). City are the threat for me, but they are not immune to dropping points (Spurs, Chelsea and utd to come) and we're ahead of them. Finish ahead of City and we'll win it.

If United played like they did today, Arsenal is going to score 3 or 4.

Yeah, but 71 points after 31 games and tied for first is insane after the season we had last year and the midfield rebuild we did this summer.
It's absolutely insane I agree. That doesn't mean now we've found ourselves in this position we should just be happy to play a part. We were top of the league and it was in our own hands and we battered the opposition. We shouldn't be accepting of that

It's absolutely insane I agree. That doesn't mean now we've found ourselves in this position we should just be happy to play a part. We were top of the league and it was in our own hands and we battered the opposition. We shouldn't be accepting of that

We should accept that it can happen. Thats part of football. Nothing is given even if you are much better than the other team. I dont like the attitude of not being able to accept a draw. Yes, we should have won but what can you do?
Win the next game and go again.

We should accept that it can happen. Thats part of football. Nothing is given even if you are much better than the other team. I dont like the attitude of not being able to accept a draw. Yes, we should have won but what can you do?
Win the next game and go again.
Agree, it can happen. But it's happened again and again and again and again. We're winning games by attrition rather than ability. We shouldn't need 29 shots to beat Sheffield. We shouldn't need 30 to beat Brighton. 19 shots to draw with city. 22 to beat forest. And so on and so on. The only outlier is when arsenal battered us.

Like if we were outplayed and 2 down and pulled it back I'd be elated. We. Fucking. BATTERED them. They shouldn't have been in the running to get an equaliser, let alone take the lead. 2 shots on target and 2 goals united had.

Quite. I don't really know how you can excuse abject performances like that, regardless of the overall progress. Winners win because when they find themselves in these positions and then show how stern and aggressive they can be. We're none of those things at the moment. Objectively, out of the three of us, we look the most likely to slip up. Ok, so we've come from nowhere a bit this season, but that's just on the back of a decline over a couple of seasons. Arsenal aren't coming here as experienced winners either, but they are where they are.

125 shots against the current top 6 this season. 7 goals

I love Nunez for all his madness and everything, but he's not been good enough in terms of numbers, neither has Gapko or Diaz. Firmino never scored many, but you knew he would generally step up when needed and he would always be a nuisance in the big matches. Mane, Bobby and Origi was a lot more reliable than these three are. I know it's early days for Nunez and Gapko, but they just aren't natural goalscorers. Jota is a big miss, but we need an ever present goalscorer to replace Mane and to weigh in with the goals. Whoever comes in in the Summer should bring a striker in first and foremost and I don't really care who gets the chop as a result.

We're also, after all this time, ridiculously naive at the back and when out of possession. It says something when every time the opposition win the ball back on the break at the edge of their own box, I get that stomach sinking feeling that we are going to concede. It's criminal that we still don't know how to play another way, we don't control games and play the opposition into submission. We try to over awe them early in the game and dominate that way, we don't know how else to play.

Last edited:
Overawe is stretching it... we usually huff and puff quite a bit and then gift a goal against the run of play. It's now what? 27 points claimed from losing positions? Sounds nice and all ("mentality monsters clap clap"), but we all knew it would come bite us on the arse at some point, and it's criminal that it hasn't been addressed.

If we don't win the league it's PGMOL that's to blame.

Odegaard (cost us a win vs Arsenal)
Diaz (cost us at least a draw, probable win vs Spurs)
Doku (cost us a win vs City)

I'm sure Arsenal and city fans can point to similar judgement calls from officials in their games. The stand out is the Diaz offside

I love Nunez for all his madness and everything, but he's not been good enough in terms of numbers, neither has Gapko or Diaz. Firmino never scored many, but you knew he would generally step up when needed and he would always be a nuisance in the big matches. Mane, Bobby and Origi was a lot more reliable than these three are. I know it's early days for Nunez and Gapko, but they just aren't natural goalscorers. Jota is a big miss, but we need an ever present goalscorer to replace Mane and to weigh in with the goals. Whoever comes in in the Summer should bring a striker in first and foremost and I don't really care who gets the chop as a result.

We're also, after all this time, ridiculously naive at the back and when out of possession. It says something when every time the opposition win the ball back on the break at the edge of their own box, I get that stomach sinking feeling that we are going to concede. It's criminal that we still don't know how to play another way, we don't control games and play the opposition into submission. We try to over awe them early in the game and dominate that way, we don't know how else to play.
Arsenal have conceded 24, us 30 and City 31. Next best in the league is 45. If you fear we will concede every time it isn't backed up by the stats

We don't concede many, and we score and create a lot of chances. There isn't a massive weakness in our team at the minute. It's fine margins that it'll come down to, and that's essentially mentality and experience, which is why City will win it.

Our forward line isn't quite good enough. I know there are a whole bunch of stats saying we've scored a load of goals etc but I don't care.

I've said it all season (and last) and I'll say it again - we've got too many question marks. Too many guys that are good at maybe or one two things and not quite good enough in other departments.

If it was my team, I'd be in the market for the best forward I could buy in the summer.

Agree, it can happen. But it's happened again and again and again and again. We're winning games by attrition rather than ability. We shouldn't need 29 shots to beat Sheffield. We shouldn't need 30 to beat Brighton. 19 shots to draw with city. 22 to beat forest. And so on and so on. The only outlier is when arsenal battered us.

Like if we were outplayed and 2 down and pulled it back I'd be elated. We. Fucking. BATTERED them. They shouldn't have been in the running to get an equaliser, let alone take the lead. 2 shots on target and 2 goals united had.

Yeah, but you win that game if Quansah doesn’t fuck up his pass. Fine margins.

Agree about the number of shots against Utd though. As said yesterday we snatched about chances and were once again all over the place in transition and counters. Odd seeing us always make the wrong choice.

Yeah, but you win that game if Quansah doesn’t fuck up his pass. Fine margins.

Agree about the number of shots against Utd though. As said yesterday we snatched about chances and were once again all over the place in transition and counters. Odd seeing us always make the wrong choice.

The decision-making is genuinely a huge concern. We're overplaying it for no reason. The chance where Nunez squared it across the box rather than pull back; why did Diaz pass to Nunez? Even before that, why didn't mo shoot? It's like we're trying to get the xG to 1.0 for each attempt, but breaking it down in the process

Our forward line isn't quite good enough. I know there are a whole bunch of stats saying we've scored a load of goals etc but I don't care.

I've said it all season (and last) and I'll say it again - we've got too many question marks. Too many guys that are good at maybe or one two things and not quite good enough in other departments.

If it was my team, I'd be in the market for the best forward I could buy in the summer.
They're all great at most things but the most important attribute; finishing. Even mo, for years hasn't been the most consistent finisher, he's just had a lions share of the chances. Jota is the only one who's a consistent finisher, but he's too unreliable finishing wise.

I don't even know who would be an ideal forward for us? If we get amorim do we go for gyokeres?

I'm sure Arsenal and city fans can point to similar judgement calls from officials in their games. The stand out is the Diaz offside
I can't remember any. I think we've had two apologies (one official, Diaz, one unofficial, Odegaard) from Webb. I'm pretty sure Arsenal and City haven't had anything as clear cut that they can say cost them points. The Doku one PGMOL won't concede - though most 'TV refs' said it was cast iron.

I can't remember any. I think we've had two apologies (one official, Diaz, one unofficial, Odegaard) from Webb. I'm pretty sure Arsenal and City haven't had anything as clear cut that they can say cost them points. The Doku one PGMOL won't concede - though most 'TV refs' said it was cast iron.

City had one against Spurs when Grealish was through on goal and the ref blew for a foul after waving play on.

Back
Top Bottom