• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Luton (H) - Wed 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gakpo very well suited for this game. He can be a fox in the box for us. We need those tap ins.
We also need someome to create chances for those tap-ins - our top 2 creators in Salah and Nunez are out*. Which is why Elliott will be essential.

* (Now that I think about it, it’s probably our top 4 best creators out with Trent and Jota)

I think Gakpo very well suited for this game. He can be a fox in the box for us. We need those tap ins.

Since we signed him, we have largely made him be someone who drops deep and runs with the ball, rather than acts as the tip of our spear. I have a horrible feeling we will get lots of situations where we have no one in or around the six yard box.

Since we signed him, we have largely made him be someone who drops deep and runs with the ball, rather than acts as the tip of our spear. I have a horrible feeling we will get lots of situations where we have no one in or around the six yard box.
He's also scored quite a lot of tap ins, right?

I think gakpos top speed is faster than Diaz. Maybe not a year ago, but now. Diaz is faster accelerating.
In one of those videos made by the club the players were reflecting on the speed trials. Apparently Diaz is the fastest player in the squad. No, I don't really believe it either.

We also need someome to create chances for those tap-ins - our top 2 creators in Salah and Nunez are out*. Which is why Elliott will be essential.

* (Now that I think about it, it’s probably our top 4 best creators out with Trent and Jota)
lets hope Diaz can do it

Gakpo is rapid, he just has the acceleration of a wounded tortoise.

But when he’s full pelt, after taking 25 seconds to get to that speed; rapid

This argument is going nowhere if you don't explain where the tortoise was wounded. What are we just bullshitting here?

Remember when players slower than Michael Owen or Cisse were considered slow? I think there was a "turns like steam train" or "running through cement" analogy for anyone who wasn't rapid. Probably because back then we seemed to have a "one fast player" rule and as soon as that player got injured we were proper fucked.

Unfortunately in football, rapid means having that burst of acceleration when you can just set off.....a winger of forward especially playing for Liverpool don't have much distance to run into so every second counts.

Do tortoises have 4 knees?

Do they even have knees?

Regardless, 4 sore legs

Do tortoises have 4 knees?

Do they even have knees?

Regardless, 4 sore legs
I looked it up because my life lacks meaning before you even posted this and yes, at least colloquially they do, with a joint between humerus and patella. They can be called elbows and knees apparently.

I also saw a great picture of a big turtle fucking another turtle.

Remember when players slower than Michael Owen or Cisse were considered slow? I think there was a "turns like steam train" or "running through cement" analogy for anyone who wasn't rapid. Probably because back then we seemed to have a "one fast player" rule and as soon as that player got injured we were proper fucked.

We do only have one player now who can scare defenders with speed alone. I think the speed you have to attain to do that is a little faster nowadays. The amount of attacking talent we have now is crazy for me to think about in relation to those days. On the other hand, the idiocy of modern football means half your players are out.

The technique that the fast players have to have from the game leveling up is so much more too. Cisse was barely a footballer at times, meanwhile Nunez gets shit on for having an average touch.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Diaz, Mac Allister, Gakpo, Elliott, Gravenberch, Quansah, Bradley.

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Tsimikas, Robertson, Clark, Gordon, McConnell, Danns, Nyoni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom