• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Luton (H) - Wed 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone but Harvey in a front 3 please Klopp, we know how this pans out.

Still on standby if you need me, just 1 phone call away....just a 10min drive away from being available for selection.

Has anyone considered that both Gomez and Bradders can start on the right?
Because starting Elliott, who lets be honest, hasn't been that impressive on the right wing, along with Macca, Endo and Gravy means that we're starting all of our remaining "senior" midfielders.

Bradley can also play on the right wing and we've witnessed how much of a threat he can be in attack.
And his energy and defensive nouse wouldn't go amiss. Elliott has the energy but lacks the defensive ability / tackling that Bradders would bring. Bradders would stay wide whilst Elliott is better driving / playing through the middle. I'm really missing Szobo.

So if the rumours are true, I'd go with this line up:

-------------------------Kelleher

Gomez----Quansah------Van Dijk-----Robbo

----------------------------Macca
----------------Elliott--------------Gravy
Bradley---------------Gakkers------------Diaz

Sub Macca for Endo ( or a kid, depending on the score)
A kid for Gravy
Tsimikas for someone maybe Diaz
Konate for Van Dijk
A kid for Gakkers

Last edited:
Should we not play 4-4-2? Play a lot more compact and use Bradley or Robbo to launch the counter attacks. Luton will be harder than Brentford

Should we not play 4-4-2? Play a lot more compact and use Bradley or Robbo to launch the counter attacks. Luton will be harder than Brentford
Since when does Klopp play 4-4-2? In fact the vast majority of teams don't play 4-4-2 because 4-3-3 beats it almost every time.

Because starting Elliott, who lets be honest, hasn't been that impressive on the right wing, along with Macca, Endo and Gravy means that we're starting all of our remaining "senior" midfielders.

Bradley can also play on the right wing and we've witnessed how much of a threat he can be in attack.

Elliott started out wide right against West Ham in the cup didnt he? He was very good in that game if I remember correctly.

I like this idea, think I posted it further up. Bradders RW and bring on Mo as super sub. Worst thing we can do is rush him back. Gakpo & Diaz are good enough to win this. Our midfield with Endo & Macca in it will be solid.

I don't think Klopp will do that though. I don't want Elliot in the attack as starting him there and Gravy in midfield leaves us with zero bench options for the middle.

We should trust a youth player and surround him with Quality. I'd have Koumas down the middle and put Gakpo & Diaz on the wings.

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Elliot

Diaz
Koumas
Diaz

This gives us options to use Mo off the bench, and also Gravy, Bradley, Nunez (if he makes the bench), Tsimikas, McConnell, Clark etc.

Klopp seems less inclined to trust youth products up front than any other big team does when in times of need, so I expect Gravy in the middle and Elliot right wing. I just feel that might lack something.

Yes let’s play 442, what a phenomenal idea.

Gomez and Kostas at fullback and Bradley and Robbo on the wings FTW!! Diaz and Gakpo central FTW!!

Salah not in the squad tonight, so our bench will be extremely young. Need the players that start to be able to do the job.

Good news is that both Nunez and Salah look like they will be fit for Sunday.

Elliott started out wide right against West Ham in the cup didnt he? He was very good in that game if I remember correctly.
Thats one game and it's really not his natural position. He just doesn't have the pace to play there. I'd argue that Bradley is a lot better than him in that position

Our first team picks itself but who is on the bench even. Rest Robbo since he's only just back. Rest Konate too. Can't risk more injuries

Caomh
Bradders Quansah Virg Gomez
Grav Endo Macca
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Who is our bench? Robbo Konate Clark McConnell Nyoni? I can't even name more youts

Guess the mystery man at LB will reveal himself after tonight then knowing our fucking luck.

img_6656-jpeg.255090

Our first team picks itself but who is on the bench even. Rest Robbo since he's only just back. Rest Konate too. Can't risk more injuries

Caomh
Bradders Quansah Virg Gomez
Grav Endo Macca
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Who is our bench? Robbo Konate Clark McConnell Nyoni? I can't even name more youts
Jimikas
Adrian
Probably Koumas
Spearing

Well our team literally picked itself.

Let's go Harvey. It's time to shine
Feels like we say this every week….usually you’d say this if your main XI was fit and firing every week but nooooooope, not where LFC are concerned.

Feels like we say this every week….usually you’d say this if your main XI was fit and firing every week but nooooooope, not where LFC are concerned.
Yeah when you use it in that situation, it's figurative.

Here it's literally the last eleven men standing.

It's like a bad war movie.

Gakpo has pace but we never see him using it. He won't get a chance to do so tonight either. I think Elliot might be fine further up against what I imagine will be a low block from Luton. I think against a parked bus we could afford to have Elliot in midfield and put someone more direct ahead of him.

Huge huge game for Gakpo & Diaz.

Gakpo has pace but we never see him using it. He won't get a chance to do so tonight either. I think Elliot might be fine further up against what I imagine will be a low block from Luton. I think against a parked bus we could afford to have Elliot in midfield and put someone more direct ahead of him.

Huge huge game for Gakpo & Diaz.
I think Gakpo very well suited for this game. He can be a fox in the box for us. We need those tap ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom