• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man City (H) Sunday 4:30pm - title decider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
So arguably the biggest game of the season.

A few possibilities with Ox in a rich vein of form and having history against City.

Still I think Klopp will go with tried and tested.

Becker
TAA
Lovren
VVD
Robertson
Gini
Henderson
Fabhino
Salah
Mane
Firmino

I expect us to win this game, by a margin of 3 goals at least. Sane is not playing for them, and he is the only player in that squad that ever worried me, the rest can be dealt with. I dont think they have anyone that can deal with our lot.

I AM BEING 100% SERIOUS.

For those of you 'experts' - seriously look back at the football you have seen in your lives, how many teams have dared to play their entire team in the opposition half and get away with it ? Its time someone stepped up and gave them the fuck of their lives, IT WILL BE US.

Will be tough and extremelly interesting. As I don't agree we will win with 3 goals margin I can see that City defence having a few mistakes in them. But Pep is aware of this so they will be shielded by deep midfielders. I think they will try to keep it clean and attack the room behind TAA especially.

I think Chamberlain will play. He has a great record against City, played well last night and was taken off early enough to suggest Klopp has him in his plans

I think Chamberlain will play. He has a great record against City, played well last night and was taken off early enough to suggest Klopp has him in his plans

I definitely think Klopp is playing with the idea.

Something that shocks me about us, even when we're playing shite, the way we keep the ball is absolutely incredible, it's relentless and spectacular, we are the best at it I've ever seen. We showed this last season in the game we lost (due to two wonder goals), we are capable of dominating the ball against City (and I think we're the only team in the world that can do that) and in my opinion we have improved since then and they haven't, so I can see us doing this against them again on Sunday, but to a much higher degree, and I think City will struggle with that.

For me the question is can we contain their truly world class players, and will Pep come up with a game plan to countenance our ability to strangle a game?

Basically, this all comes down to whether Lovren will be a massive thundercunt or not.

I expect City to try and fight their instincts as they did in their last trip to Anfield. We will want to draw them out and ambush their fragile defence. I'm really looking forward to this.

I hope we win, and I’m cautiously confident, but it’s going to be far from easy. Their make shift defence will probably leak a few, but they can hurt anyone on their day up front. 3-2

Their defense is shit.
Our defense is good but we cannot keep clean sheets.

Basically, I doubt we'll see the 0-0 draw from last year.

I am going in calm - we will either be ahead by 3, 6 or 9 points at the end of the day and I'd have taken that after 12 games considering the schedules both teams faced.

City will go for the draw I believe. Aim to frustrate us just like Man U did and hit us on the counter.

City will go for the draw I believe. Aim to frustrate us just like Man U did and hit us on the counter.

Yep, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world for them. I think it's going to be cagey.

Anyone going to this? I am nervous as fuck already.... Will be a TIA or King Harry from early hours (relatively) sunday.

I expect us to win this game, by a margin of 3 goals at least. Sane is not playing for them, and he is the only player in that squad that ever worried me, the rest can be dealt with. I dont think they have anyone that can deal with our lot.

I AM BEING 100% SERIOUS.

For those of you 'experts' - seriously look back at the football you have seen in your lives, how many teams have dared to play their entire team in the opposition half and get away with it ? Its time someone stepped up and gave them the fuck of their lives, IT WILL BE US.

You missed Ageuros goal against us last time so?

Something that shocks me about us, even when we're playing shite, the way we keep the ball is absolutely incredible, it's relentless and spectacular, we are the best at it I've ever seen. We showed this last season in the game we lost (due to two wonder goals), we are capable of dominating the ball against City (and I think we're the only team in the world that can do that) and in my opinion we have improved since then and they haven't, so I can see us doing this against them again on Sunday, but to a much higher degree, and I think City will struggle with that.

For me the question is can we contain their truly world class players, and will Pep come up with a game plan to countenance our ability to strangle a game?

Basically, this all comes down to whether Lovren will be a massive thundercunt or not.

City are much better at it than us but hopefully you are correct on Sunday

Totally agree they are, but last season away - we had more possession and they sort of held back once they took the lead each time, but in that game I was upset with the first half lack of aggression shown by our team in response to their aggression. I really hope this season we really show them whose boss, it fucked me off last season when you see fragile pussies like the Silva's being more aggressive than Gini etc.. I mean those sorts of players (i.e. Siilva's , Sterling, DeB ) they are the ones that are supposed to be hacked to bits and then quietly just fuck off out of the game.

Im not feeling confident in that we aren't finishing as many of our chances as we should, and we are giving away lots of chances.

So many times this season, I've thought "good thing that didn't fall to a good striker."

City have good strikers. I'm sure we will be very competitive in midfield off the ball, but we need more from Salah, more quality in general, and we can't afford near as much lax play.

He is very good against us, but I don't fear him like Sane. You need to give him the ball first, he ain't gonna run at you and do shit.

They literally have three of the best midfielders in the world in KDB, B. Silva and Sterling to feed him.

They aren't, but it's all subjective I suppose. I'm talking specifically about our ability to apply extreme pressure on a backfour, and continually recycle the ball without having to drop back, Fabinho and VVD have been the architects of this. City are also fantastic at keeping the ball, and probably have better possession stats than us, but I don't feel they attack with the same intensity, their build up is a bit slower and more focused on building the perfect combinations, and they often drop back to the centre backs when the ball is recycled. Both ways obviously work fantastically well, I'm not criticising City, my point was more that I feel, or maybe more hope, that City will struggle to deal with the intensity we bring, an intensity that no other team in the world can match.

Totally agree they are, but last season away - we had more possession and they sort of held back once they took the lead each time, but in that game I was upset with the first half lack of aggression shown by our team in response to their aggression. I really hope this season we really show them whose boss, it fucked me off last season when you see fragile pussies like the Silva's being more aggressive than Gini etc.. I mean those sorts of players (i.e. Siilva's , Sterling, DeB ) they are the ones that are supposed to be hacked to bits and then quietly just fuck off out of the game.

We both had 50%.

Im not feeling confident in that we aren't finishing as many of our chances as we should,[hl] and we are giving away lots of chances[/hl].

So many times this season, I've thought "good thing that didn't fall to a good striker."

City have good strikers. I'm sure we will be very competitive in midfield off the ball, but we need more from Salah, more quality in general, and we can't afford near as much lax play.
I agree to a degree, but I also think this feeling is exacerbated by the new offside rules. It looks like teams get so many more chances against us than they do, just because the flag doesn't go up and people don't realise we've caught them offside for the 12th time. Just look at the United and Genk (or was it Salzberg) away leg for proof of that.

They aren't, but it's all subjective I suppose. I'm talking specifically about our ability to apply extreme pressure on a backfour, and continually recycle the ball without having to drop back, Fabinho and VVD have been the architects of this. City are also fantastic at keeping the ball, and probably have better possession stats than us, but I don't feel they attack with the same intensity, their build up is a bit slower and more focused on building the perfect combinations, and they often drop back to the centre backs when the ball is recycled. Both ways obviously work fantastically well, I'm not criticising City, my point was more that I feel, or maybe more hope, that City will struggle to deal with the intensity we bring, an intensity that no other team in the world can match.

I guess it is subjective as I don’t agree with your assertion at all. Hopefully after Sunday it won’t matter and we’ll have won and they aren’t as strong as last season but they still are relentless.

Last season in that run in Leicester City was their latest leading goal and that was 70 mins. They were dominating from the off and often had controlled the game early doors.

Im going to town about midday to start on the ale then will get a cab the ground about 3.30. Might pop in for one. I'll just look for a giant fuck off Norwegian Beserking around the place yeah?

They are all over the place now aren't they?. But drop by and we have a drink or two. And if you hear of a ticket let me know. Still short of one.

Im not feeling confident in that we aren't finishing as many of our chances as we should, and we are giving away lots of chances.

Absolutely how I've been feeling of late, we are not taking the opportunities we create. We are also giving up too many chances in defence, City will take one or two for sure. That said even if they play on the break (which I think they will do) it's likely we'll also get our fair share of chances - but we need to take a lot more than we have been doing (I don't know the stats but it looks like we are well down on last season - not just goals from shots but in creating 'real chances' and not just wild shots).

I can't actually believe how some people are underrating them. Sterling and Aguero are going to be a real handful even if D.Silva doesn't start and their defence isn't at its strongest.

I would prefer Gomez over Lovren. Gomez is definitely not at last year's level yet so that makes him neck and neck with Lovren IMO. Howeer Lovren has these immense brain-farts in him, as per the one vs. Villa we somehow got away with and although Gomez can switch off I'd much prefer his pace against Sterling and Aguero than Lovren's more solid heading which likely won't be needed to the same extent. Especially with the probability that City will play on the break for most of the game.

I think Ox was taken off early to be Hendo's under-study. If Hendo hasn't recovered then Ox will start, otherwise it'll be the team Dreamy posted. Our midfield, up against De Bruyne, B. Silva, Sterling and Gundogan, are going to be given a stern test and probably we can forego a little creativity for more strength (usual three).

2-2.

Last edited:
Avoid defeat and we are in good position for the league.

I can see klopp going with the tried and tested midfield of hendo, wini and fab. city have been been less cavalier against us at home and have almost won the last game bar marhez pen miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom