• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing is Gomez isn’t as fragile as Matip or Lovren. His injury last year was very unlucky.
And with a run of games his partnership with VVD just shades it over Matip.
If we only have two CB’s to rely on for fitness they are our best bet

Not sure if serious

Not sure if serious

I am serious. Matip and Lovren break down with niggles all the time. Gomez played a sustained period last year and got very unlucky with the leg break.

I can see him playing the rest of the season as first choice

It's nonsense to go and buy another CB. We have four good ones...you can't buy players for the sake of may be one or two matches we might be in a situation to have a kid for cover.

I am serious. Matip and Lovren break down with niggles all the time. Gomez played a sustained period last year and got very unlucky with the leg break.

I can see him playing the rest of the season as first choice

Yeah, he's just had 3 long term, serious injuries. That's much better.

Maybe some games, like cups, but in the EPL if it comes down to it, I'm sure Klopp would task one of the senior players with covering this position. So it's probably Hendo or Gini, which also limits our options in midfield. Gomez better stay fit.

Would not be at all surprised if Klopp chose Hoever if needs be. He is careful with young players, but he will play them when the opportunity/need arises and has rarely, if ever, been let down.

This is why the best young players are coming to us, and I am surprisingly calm about the idea. I remember a young Johnny Evans being forced into actions for the Mancs and they did not miss a beat, unfortunately. That is what we have now built.

Man, Fabs is nowhere close to being ready...
xjqfckxr8l441.jpg

Man, Fabs is nowhere close to being ready...
xjqfckxr8l441.jpg

not only that, he actually looked in pain walking

One of the annoying things about the injuries is that twice now they have prevented one of Trent or Robertson staying on the bench. Those two and Virgil could do with less minutes.

Fark it did look like Hammy. We are losing a player a game. At this rate we’ll be in crisis by Mid Jan.
Yes our squad is shrinking and our reserves are basically kids. I can't believe how some can say that we won't miss Wijnaldum that much. I know that we're stacked in midfield but it's about being able to compete in all competitions. Players will need to be rested.
Klopp has to buy someone in January he just has to.

Yes our squad is shrinking and our reserves are basically kids. I can't believe how some can say that we won't miss Wijnaldum that much. I know that we're stacked in midfield but it's about being able to compete in all competitions. Players will need to be rested.
Klopp has to buy someone in January he just has to.

Gini is a huge player for us and will only show much he’s missed by being out of the side. Hopefully we can squeeze through the games without him.

Doubt Gini is out more than a few weeks given how he walked off the field.
So hopefully thats the case.

I dont like the two potential games at the WCC. All the games at one stadium, raining and probably a poor pitch. Can see us adding a few more injuries.

I dont like the two potential games at the WCC. All the games at one stadium, raining and probably a poor pitch. Can see us adding a few more injuries.
Fabs walked off the pitch too.

Klopp was pretty angry about that fact.

Those boots are to support the recovery and not really an indication of how bad the injury is.

Fabinho, Dejan Lovren, Joel Matip and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all remain sidelined.

Offering an update on that injured quartet, Klopp said: “All positive but that again means unfortunately nothing in the first place because they should all be back in training [at the] latest by mid-January [but] how many games do we have until then, four or five? I’m not sure. So that’s a little bit of a problem but we have to see.

“Ox is walking around here without crutches, without a boot, but we have to wait until the medical department gives us the green light. Joel is doing well, Fab is doing well, Dejan is doing well, so I would say in February we will have them all back. Until then, we have to see.”

Source: official LFC page

February fuck sake.

That’s a lot of games to get through with a thin squad.

Hopefully Minamino has an instant impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom