• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Lovren was withdrawn with 40 minutes on the clock on the south coast with a suspected injury, which left fans hoping for the best.
But after the game, Klopp was not overly concerned as he revealed “it looks like a little cramp.”
“It doesn’t look too serious, it looks like a little cramp,” he told reporters.

P2019-12-07-Bournemouth_Liverpool-65-600x334.jpg

“[He] felt something and told us. That’s the status quo, you have these kinds of things in these moments of the season.
“It similar to what Gini and Lallana had, two days [to recover]. So we now have two days before he can go again.”
The initial suggestions come as a major boost for the Reds who will remain without Matip for the rest of December as he continues his recovery, where his introduction back into the team will take another two weeks at the earliest.
“Everything in our life is all under pressure. All the little things have to heal as quickly as possible, but here it is taking the normal amount of time,” Klopp told the club’s website.
“It was not like after four weeks or so that it was already as we wished, so we have to wait another two weeks I would think and then we will see.
“But then he will have been out for six weeks or so, if it is perfect, fine, but he might need to rebuild his physical things as well, which is not too cool, but it is nothing serious.”

==========

So looks like Matip is out until January, Lovren hopefully nothing too serious.

I can't wait for Neco Williams or Hoever to get enough seasoning to be deemed ready for the first team – we need another attacking RB to take the load off Trent from time to time. And Lovren shouldn't play back-to-back mid-week and weekend games; his body is not made of the same stuff as Van Dijk's, so Gomez should be involved more often in his natural CB position.

Gomez at CB which I suggested for the derby anyway as Lovren can cope with lots of games in quick succession as proven yet again.

I can't wait for Neco Williams or Hoever to get enough seasoning to be deemed ready for the first team – we need another attacking RB to take the load off Trent from time to time. And Lovren shouldn't play back-to-back mid-week and weekend games; his body is not made of the same stuff as Van Dijk's, so Gomez should be involved more often in his natural CB position.
I think, in hindsight, that was an error. Now we risk his being on the sidelines.

I hope it turns out as a blessing in disguise.
I have a feeling that the VVD-Gomez partnership, if given a long run, would concede less goals and we'd see a return to clean-sheets.

It's got more potential that's for sure, and we've got a healthy lead at the table so it's a good time to give them 2 another run together.

If Gomez can find that confidence that he had back, can be a very formidable partnership. Gomez is quick, faster than the other two defenders. So if he can stop slipping and ball watching, this would be our best centre halves partnership. I am more concern over Fabinho, not sure when will he return.

So now we’re down to 2 fit CBs and no Fabinho to fill in... Who is our 3rd-choice CB now - Hendo? Gini?

This one is on Klopp, I'm afraid. He is just incapable of playing too many games, and he came off with a twinge on Saturday. It was clear he needed to be rested.

Was collecting the son from training when Lovren was taken off, listening to the radio I got the impression Klopp wasn’t happy with Lovren. Maybe Lovren hadn’t let on the true extent of the injury on Saturday. It was reported as cramp but how many players ever get cramp in the first half?

Hoever surely

Maybe some games, like cups, but in the EPL if it comes down to it, I'm sure Klopp would task one of the senior players with covering this position. So it's probably Hendo or Gini, which also limits our options in midfield. Gomez better stay fit.

Gini played once as a CB that i can remember but the situation just sucks altogether. Only 2 fit CBs for such a busy period is just terrible.

Oh totally. Hope it doesnt come to that. But Wijnaldum over any of the youth players if it does.

This one is on Klopp, I'm afraid. He is just incapable of playing too many games, and he came off with a twinge on Saturday. It was clear he needed to be rested.
I really thought he'd start Gomez in this one. Cold night and Lovren having a niggle in the last game.

Gini played once as a CB that i can remember but the situation just sucks altogether. Only 2 fit CBs for such a busy period is just terrible.
This time last year we had a busy period and only 2 fit CBs ... didn't fare too badly then did we?

If Lovren is out, then he’s out. Gomez and VVD had a superb partnership before Joe’s injury, so hopefully they’ll get back to that.

When the fuck is Matip expected back? Gets new contract and fucking clocks out straight away.

The good thing is Gomez isn’t as fragile as Matip or Lovren. His injury last year was very unlucky.
And with a run of games his partnership with VVD just shades it over Matip.
If we only have two CB’s to rely on for fitness they are our best bet

We just might see Matip by the end of the festive programme.
Joel Matip could return for the festive programme. "Dec 06: "We have to wait another two weeks I would think. But then he might need to rebuild [physically], which is not too cool, but it is nothing serious."

Recently Klopp talked about the defensive issues we're having and said the following:

"How can you be short of centre halves when you have four centre halves plus Fabinho? Only Fabinho is injured, Matip is injured and Dejan Lovren had a problem, yes.

“We will not sign a centre half because of injuries - that is the world outside who thinks we are short and we have to do it - but afterwards we would have six centre halves and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

“And you need quality. You can’t have just somebody [for the sake of it] - I am somebody, I am tall, not quick, but I look like a centre half at least.

“Yes I am absolutely concerned [about injuries], but Lovren is not injured. It was a little bit of cramp, and the right moment to take him off, but it is cool, everybody is fine.

--------
And now Lovren is injured...

Recently Klopp talked about the defensive issues we're having and said the following:

"How can you be short of centre halves when you have four centre halves plus Fabinho? Only Fabinho is injured, Matip is injured and Dejan Lovren had a problem, yes.

“We will not sign a centre half because of injuries - that is the world outside who thinks we are short and we have to do it - but afterwards we would have six centre halves and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

“And you need quality. You can’t have just somebody [for the sake of it] - I am somebody, I am tall, not quick, but I look like a centre half at least.

“Yes I am absolutely concerned [about injuries], but Lovren is not injured. It was a little bit of cramp, and the right moment to take him off, but it is cool, everybody is fine.

--------
And now Lovren is injured...

Well everyone saw it coming but I actually can see Gomez holding down the CB spot for the rest of the season now.

Well everyone saw it coming but I actually can see Gomez holding down the CB spot for the rest of the season now.
What about he load Van Dijk has to carry? Yeah young Gomez hasn't played much and can probably cope with playing every game in this hectic period but can we really ask the same of Van Dijk, Trent and Robbo?
I really hope we have some player lined up in January. I'd be delighted if we signed a versatile defender or do we trust Hoever?

What about he load Van Dijk has to carry? Yeah young Gomez hasn't played much and can probably cope with playing every game in this hectic period but can we really ask the same of Van Dijk, Trent and Robbo?
I really hope we have some player lined up in January. I'd be delighted if we signed a versatile defender or do we trust Hoever?

Robbo and Trent definitely can be rotated. VVD can rest in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom