• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Although this is probably a post for @King Binny - I feel often our team has more serious injury issues than our fellow league competitors.

Are we just buying injury prone players? Or is our medical staff incompetent? Are our training routing forcing breakdowns throughout the season? Or is Klopp's style that intense?

I don't have answers but I know that it's something that if fixed, would greatly enhance our chances to compete again next year.

Thoughts?

Although this is probably a post for @King Binny - I feel often our team has more serious injury issues than our fellow league competitors.

Are we just buying injury prone players? Or is our medical staff incompetent? Are our training routing forcing breakdowns throughout the season? Or is Klopp's style that intense?

I don't have answers but I know that it's something that if fixed, would greatly enhance our chances to compete again next year.

Thoughts?
It has been suggested Klopp's doppelganger, the fitness coach methods are what causes players to breakdown.

For some it is a case of buying injury prone players.....Thiago Konate Ox all had a history of this.

For players like Matip & Naby it can only be the intensity of the training, their bodies simply aren't up to task with the physical demands.

& then you have 1 off instances like Virgil where his injury is caused as a result of a horror season ending tackle.

There's a reason players like Sadio Salah Ali Trent Robbo are never injured, their bodies are machines or in Ali's (or any keepers case tbh) their training requires far less intensity but it's also how you look after your body outside football....late in the evening, through the night etc.

I think it's more noticeable when you have a smallish squad and squad players that aren't good enough and / or the manager doesn't appear to be too enthusiastic about using regularly unless pressed.

We have been unlucky at times but we've also created problems for ourselves by buying and then sticking with injury prone players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom