• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread is depressing. We have been complaining about Ox and Keita for close to four years now and we have done nothing to address the issue.

cheer up they’ve both got one foot out the door and apparently Klopp has been grinning when discussing transfers

So Nunez and Diaz available but Thiago still another week away? With Bajcetic and Keita out that means LCM is going to be Elliot or Hendo. I hope it's not Hendo

Yea nobody is concerned or surprised anymore. Can’t even show up to put himself in the shop window. He has known his next club for quite a while imo.

Probably for me he's been THE biggest disappointment of any player we've ever signed. It's difficult to slate a player for being injury prone but his clear lack of application and excuses is ... inexcusable. Clearly talented on his day but just as clearly someone not prepared to put in the hard miles his wage packet demands. I was wrong and we should have got shot years ago.

I trace Keita's problem's to that first time when the big-noting head of the Guinea FA called him up and played when he was injured. Never recovered and even when fit and available, not always trusted or selected.

Probably for me he's been THE biggest disappointment of any player we've ever signed. It's difficult to slate a player for being injury prone but his clear lack of application and excuses is ... inexcusable. Clearly talented on his day but just as clearly someone not prepared to put in the hard miles his wage packet demands. I was wrong and we should have got shot years ago.

I agree on the talent. And it’s obvious to see why klopp went for him. Such a waste.

Naby has been far less useful to us to than Karius, who was our #1 on the road to a European final. We spent less than 5m on a so-called number 1 keeper versus more than 50m on a midfielder who was supposed to link attack and defense, be a tenacious tackler and ball recovery machine, and anchor our side for at least half a decade.

I don't begrudge Naby his fee, although his failure to live up to even a fraction of it, has had massive impacts on us. After Karius failed to live up to what we need, we could go spend a record fee on Ali. We couldn't do the same in our midfield after Naby.

I begrudge him his failure to start learning English in the year prior to his arrival, his lack of application on the pitch, shitting out of tackles, THAT shot in the European final, his inability to stay fit for more than a week at a time, his inability to be available or impactful ever, and his wanker of an agent.

He has undeniably been the biggest transfer whiff since Andy Carroll or Diouf and arguably the worst overall.

Agree with every word posted here. Except the comparison to Carroll. Carroll atleast came on in a FA cup semi-final against Everton and scored and made an impact. He was a bog standard Championship striker for whom we overpaid. Not his fault.

I was furious with Karius after Kiev but as his career after us shows, he was not that talented of a player. Which is fine. Keita is different. He has the talent but not the application. Can't handle characters like that. If Keita had been a success, that would have been a game changer for us also. He should have been the midfield general leading the next phase of Klopp's team. One of the worst transfers of all time.

It's one of our worst transfers for sure but there is a wider problem in all this - why did we keep him for so long?

Every man and his dog knew that he was shit and unreliable. How on earth did we allow him to see out his contract here. Same goes for Ox and a number of others in recent years.

Other teams get transfers wrong but they do something about them. We just seem to put the blinkers on and hope that some miracle occurs.

It's one of our worst transfers for sure but there is a wider problem in all this - why did we keep him for so long?

Every man and his dog knew that he was shit and unreliable. How on earth did we allow him to see out his contract here. Same goes for Ox and a number of others in recent years.

Other teams get transfers wrong but they do something about them. We just seem to put the blinkers on and hope that some miracle occurs.

Yep. Could have recovered at least 20m at virtually any point and reinvested in someone, somewhere, playing any position.

Our new club doctor, Jonathan Power, is finally in place and spotted at the training ground yesterday.

I took this picture of Power tending to injuries after a LFC training session.

CW-303-Angel-of-Maryes-Heights_web-500x303.jpg

We would arguably be in a better position just playing Jones instead of all the minutes he played. Jones might have developed into a player for us, or at the very least a saleable asset.

I do genuinely believe he's out worst signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom