• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stefan Bajcetic nears return

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
From Liverpool.com

Liverpool midfielder Stefan Bajčetić has been on a strict plan during his comeback from injury which is already showing results for the Spanish prospect. The 19-year-old has featured in just two games throughout the current 2023/24 campaign after being sidelined with reoccurring issues.

After an impressive breakout campaign last season, fans had hoped Bajčetić would kick on in the current season and stake a claim to be a regular starter within the first-team squad. However, after a hip injury cut his season short just over a year ago, the young midfielder's return to the match-day squad has stagnated.

"I had a scan," Bajčetić has said, via Revelo. "Scans are very cruel; they always show something. I remember I was at home, they called me and told me: 'You have a stress injury'. It was a difficult moment. I took it as an opportunity to strengthen myself, improve in some aspects."

Despite being plagued by injury throughout this season, the Spaniard is now nearing a return for the Reds. Jürgen Klopp explained that he would be training with the U21s this week and a few weeks back, the German expressed his surprise at how ready for a return Bajčetić looked.

"He is now in partial training with the U21s, and he will be in full training with the U21s next week because we pretty much don’t train because we play all the time," Klopp said during his pre-Brighton press conference. "Then after that, he will join our training. That’s the plan, and then we will see. The boy grew, put a few muscles on. Looks good."

According to Spanish outlet Relevo, the midfielder worked on his recovery with an Austrian physiotherapist to ensure he was 'calm' about his return to the pitch. Bajčetić was said to be working tirelessly with club trainers to adapt his body to the senior game, as they looked to gain muscle through both his work in the gym and diet.

Back
Top Bottom