• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Something Strange Afoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm even going to respond to this Boston character. If you've read my posts and drawn the conclusions he has from them, then I can't be arsed discussing it with you.

I think it is the dual exposure of the losses from LFC and Red Sox which has caused them to be extra cautious.

I think it is the dual exposure of the losses from LFC and Red Sox which has caused them to be extra cautious.

Which, if that is the case, I can understand. I was just wondering why we're seemingly the only club so unwilling to invest in the playing squad

Which, if that is the case, I can understand. I was just wondering why we're seemingly the only club so unwilling to invest in the playing squad

I am still annoyed at them mind. Given that they have invested negligible amounts for about 2 years, they could have invested some minimal amounts. I am not saying Havertz or Werner and their salaries. At least they could have signed Sarr or someone of that profile whose salaries will be lower.

Last edited:
Right back at ya if ya gonna get personal,gobshite.
Tbf fella, that's tame for this site. We don't pull punches here.

If you can't take the odd insult then this isn't the place for you. If it's needless & more like bullying, we'll step in, but otherwise us admins are hands off here.

Take it or leave it, but it encourages proper debate IMO.

Tbf fella, that's tame for this site. We don't pull punches here.

If you can't take the odd insult then this isn't the place for you. If it's needless & more like bullying, we'll step in, but otherwise us admins are hands off here.

Take it or leave it, but it encourages proper debate IMO.
I'm the new kid in the playground was just trying to play nice like.But hey the cunt said he wasn't even gonna respond so there goes the good debate.If we sign a player great,if we don't fine, i don't believe there is some kinda conspiracy by the suits to fuck over the playing side of things.We just won the league but now that doesn't seem to matter to some,they will never it seems be happy.Shite state of a affairs to me after we've waited so long for a title.

The lizards can get fucked if they think a net spend of less than zero is acceptable while everyone else is trying to catch us.

I'm the new kid in the playground was just trying to play nice like.But hey the cunt said he wasn't even gonna respond so there goes the good debate.If we sign a player great,if we don't fine, i don't believe there is some kinda conspiracy by the suits to fuck over the playing side of things.We just won the league but now that doesn't seem to matter to some,they will never it seems be happy.Shite state of a affairs to me after we've waited so long for a title.
Mate. We spent 24m the last four years.

Klopp deserves more backing than that, of that I doubt anyone can argue, even if klopp hasn't kicked off himself.

Nothing has really changed with FSG. They've always been in the business of football. Its not a play thing for them. Everton, Chelsea and City fall into that categroy. They've never invested their own money into transfers and I don't think they plan to ever spend any of their money on the club. They just back themselves to run it better than anyone else runs a football club and have the revenue the club generates cover everything. Atmost they are willing to provide interest free loans. Its worked so far and I hope it continues to. Despite the wolrd falling on its head, if we sell Wilson and Grujic to buy Thiago and Gini resigns we'll have done enough given the climate for me to be happy. Truth is I'd be happy just to keep Gini as Curtis looks like a boss. I'm basically happy to wait and see with Klopp and co at the helm...

This is the real concern, they wont spend money. Now after 2 years of massive success and serious under investment in the squad we are looking at a season where revenue is going to be even lower then last 2 years with no guarantee of trophies/prizemoney to make up any shortfalls. So where will the money come from next summer? Either they are going to have to put their hands in their pockets which seems highly unlikely, or we are going to start selling off players.

Again, you're not reading anything I've said. Tard.

Nothing has really changed with FSG. They've always been in the business of football. Its not a play thing for them. Everton, Chelsea and City fall into that categroy. They've never invested their own money into transfers and I don't think they plan to ever spend any of their money on the club. They just back themselves to run it better than anyone else runs a football club and have the revenue the club generates cover everything. Atmost they are willing to provide interest free loans. Its worked so far and I hope it continues to. Despite the wolrd falling on its head, if we sell Wilson and Grujic to buy Thiago and Gini resigns we'll have done enough given the climate for me to be happy. Truth is I'd be happy just to keep Gini as Curtis looks like a boss. I'm basically happy to wait and see with Klopp and co at the helm...
Well said!

Man City owners are like plastic surgeons. They make you look hot without you having to do any work and they provide free aftercare service.

FSG are like top class fitness instructors / life coaches, they ain't gonna do it for you but they will manage the shit out of your life to inspire you to look your best.

Man City owners are like plastic surgeons. They make you look hot without you having to do any work and they provide free aftercare service.

FSG are like top class fitness instructors / life coaches, they ain't gonna do it for you but they will manage the shit out of your life to inspire you to look your best.

But we all want a great set of tits , now.

Everton have a relatively small wage bill though

Relative to their income it was one of the highest in the league, and that was precovid. With no gate receipts and reduced TV money they have to be running massive losses.

Relative to their income it was one of the highest in the league, and that was precovid. With no gate receipts and reduced TV money they have to be running massive losses.
80% of their income. It was the highest in the league.

That's not including the new players they've signed.

Assume they'll be doing more dodgy deals like that option to bid for naming rights to a stadium that hasn't even started being built that pumped millions in from their owner to fudge the figures.

So how have they just spent £54m on a midfield and are investing in a new stadium, when their recent history is of poor league finishes and bad spending? I don't get it. We are recently league champions, World champions and European champions. It doesn't add up.

Mate. We spent 24m the last four years.

Klopp deserves more backing than that, of that I doubt anyone can argue, even if klopp hasn't kicked off himself.
4 years?Only Trent,Joe Gomez and Bobby outta the starting line up yesterday were here then,Mane and gini came in summer 16,the rest followed on,pretty good backing,no? For a team with no money,no backing etc etc we've done well to only win the league,european cup,world club cup,euro super cup.Absolute joyless,misery among our support.

4 years?Only Trent,Joe Gomez and Bobby outta the starting line up yesterday were here then,Mane and gini came in summer 16,the rest followed on,pretty good backing,no? For a team with no money,no backing etc etc we've done well to only win the league,european cup,world club cup,euro super cup.Absolute joyless,misery among our support.
I think @FoxForceFive meant £24m in the last four transfer windows which I think is accurate.
You failure to see any cause for alarm in our lack of dealings recently and your calling out of people who do, is making you come across as somewhat of an FSG bot

I'm not complaining about what we've won.

I'm complaining about the lack of foresight.

Whether we need players this season to freshen up the side is debatable (although most people Inc me suggest we do), but look at the ages in our team & squad.

In two years we'll have a problem, if not one. We need to get players in aged between 22-25, have them settled & ready to take over as the older players leave & Klopp leaves not long after.

To not buy even one of those players now means that plan would massively behind already & what could become an era defining side winning year after year may become a short term golden period instead.

Whilst I understand why the owners are taking the ultra pessimistic view here, I don't agree with it & think it's astonishingly short sighted for a club that has proven to be very good at planning for the long term to fail to do so at a crucial time in our long term development.

I think @FoxForceFive meant £24m in the last four transfer windows which I think is accurate.
You failure to see any cause for alarm in our lack of dealings recently and your calling out of people who do, is making you come across as somewhat of an FSG bot
Ha Ha:),love to get me some of the fsg money for posting on the internet! On the other hand could say those spreading rumors bout us being skint or fsg skimming off money are under the influence of Abu Dhabi? It's mad cos someone doesn't agree with you.We can also play the flat eart,qanon bollox as well.

I don't think I've seen anyone as hysterical and as dense as this Boston character for a long while. If ever.

You question why we're not spending money on transfers, and he goes 0 to 60 and accuses you of calling the team shit, likening Klopp to Alan Pardew, being miserable and ungrateful for the league and CL wins, and starts spouting off about qanon and flat earth for some reason. Very odd. He may well be a bot.

Do you have Donavan Bell and Blue Reid on mute?

Maybe I've become acclimatised to them, but even those two don't seem as bad as this fella. You can have a discussion with them, and while their opinions are usually laughably wrong, they show some cognisance and ability to interpret your point and counter with their own.

This Boston fella reads your post, it goes into his head and is churned up and mixed with whatever the fuck is going on in there, and all of a sudden he's replying hysterically to something you never even said.

Ha Ha:),love to get me some of the fsg money for posting on the internet! On the other hand could say those spreading rumors bout us being skint or fsg skimming off money are under the influence of Abu Dhabi? It's mad cos someone doesn't agree with you.We can also play the flat eart,qanon bollox as well.
You really are a "Hyperbole Queen"

SnapGalleries180311.jpg

Maybe I've become acclimatised to them, but even those two don't seem as bad as this fella. You can have a discussion with them, and while their opinions are usually laughably wrong, they show some cognisance and ability to interpret your point and counter with their own.

I'm pretty sure this is an entirely new variant of Stockholm Syndrome.

Not going to lie. I haven't been reading Bostons posts as his writing style reminds me off VIP in his less sane moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom