• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (A) - 24 April 2024 - Premier League

Is it hindsight if you've been saying it all season?

I am a football coach (on weekends) and I've watched Nunez now for 2 seasons and I could tell after 5 games he wasn't good enough.

He's like a white Emile Heskey with a ponytail. In fact, Heskey had a better all around game. And possibly wasn't as a bad a finisher.
Someone wanted him bombed out after his home league debut. I wonder who that was.

I should change my name to MomoWASright. @dee can you box that off?

really pissed off he took Jones off, he was giving them some run around - wait till the next manager comes in - you will see him being used more than any other midfielder. Terrible subs tonight, agree with @Frogfish - he was overthinking it for some bollox reason.

Oh fuck off Moron, now's not the time.

Everton's bench is where Jones should stay until August.

really pissed off he took Jones off, he was giving them some run around - wait till the next manager comes in - you will see him being used more than any other midfielder. Terrible subs tonight, agree with @Frogfish - he was overthinking it for some bollox reason.
Jones was fucking abysmal. The guy had 5 good games last season and has been turd every other time. I’d be chasing him and his mongy haircut out of the door.

Did you not get a bit of hope with his performances Sept-Nov last year?

Whatever, he's done
I had hope after Newcastle, yes.

But it was extinguished the following games when we beat Villa and West Ham. He was back to missing sitters and mis-controlling simple passes, even if he scored the occasional goal. Others also stepped up to cover his arse.

But when we came to the business end of the season, it was always obvious to me he would not be good enough. As soon as I heard Jota was out, I was just praying that Gakpo would maintain his form.

When I read he wasn't playing, my expectation was that we would lose this game.

Had Nunez scored his chances before half time, we'd have beat them today. We used to be ridiculously clinical in those moments. Used out perform out xG.

Nowadays, we're always underperforming it.

Rigged game?

ok, if it's so rigged, how come city weren't pissing the league every year when pep wasn't there? how come LEICESTER have won the league in that time he has been here?

Pep has robotic boring football but it's an actual fucking tactic that works. Klopp is vibes and energy.

There were 2 years were it was heartbreaking and difficult to imagine doing more. This year? no. Last year? no. City sell players and city buy players. We buy players and then hold on to them until value has gone. City sell youht players as they invest heavily in their youth. We struggle to sell to the championship because we don't GIVE THE PLAYERS A CHANCE

They might be cheating bastards, but i'm not having the bollocks that we couldnt' compete
Takes time to build up the advantage. Obviously Pep is a great coach too but tbh your discrediting of Klopp here is bananas!
We did compete, better than anyone else!!

Oh fuck off Moron, now's not the time.

Everton's bench is where Jones should stay until August.
Actually - No - Other than him and Diaz there was hardly any progression of the ball from midfield from Mac/Szlob - that is the game that I saw - I don't know what fucking game you guys watched.

Takes time to build up the advantage. Obviously Pep is a great coach too but tbh your discrediting of Klopp here is bananas!
We did compete, better than anyone else!!
We did indeed. However, the field has been level-ish the last two seasons. Style has become a differentiator

And afterwards Van Dijk reflected on an evening of frustration and admitted his side's performance had fallen short of the required standard.

"[It was] unnecessary," the captain told Sky Sports. "These games especially are always a big fight, and something that we shouldn't have lost, in my opinion.

"But we did, and now we have to pick ourselves up and be ready for an early kick-off [against West Ham United] on Saturday."

Van Dijk continued: "[In the second half] you try to force things, and I think we gave too many crosses where they could just clear easily. I still think in the first half we had clear-cut chances that we should have scored.

He can fuck off with this. He’s been saying this shit for a month and nothing has changed.

Never bother watching any post match gibberish anyway, especially from the players. TV goes straight off after FT.

I mean how can they really reflect immediately after a great win or disappointing loss….”Every player was amazing and we’re all gonna get absolutely blown off our faces tonight” or “we were shit, and we need to show a reaction in the next game” ahhhhh fuck off.

Jones was fucking abysmal. The guy had 5 good games last season and has been turd every other time. I’d be chasing him and his mongy haircut out of the door.
He, along with several others, ave not performed after returning from injury.

... but he was exceptional before Xmas so I have hope

Is it hindsight if you've been saying it all season?

I am a football coach (on weekends) and I've watched Nunez now for 2 seasons and I could tell after 5 games he wasn't good enough.

He's like a white Emile Heskey with a ponytail. In fact, Heskey had a better all around game. And possibly wasn't as a bad a finisher.
Took you 5 games ?

I knew it from the first couple of games.

But the maxis here said he would come good blahx3. He would, if he had the right attitude.

But he didn't unfortunately and continued to revel in being thick.

He can fuck off with this. He’s been saying this shit for a month and nothing has changed.
It's not his fault is it ?

Most of these muppets are already quietly planning for their holidays.

You can only do so much as a captain. Unless you're a Roy Keane type.

Actually you know what. We haven't had that kind of captain in a long while. Someone who would come in and give the team a good boll*cking every now and then, instead of clowning around during training sessions.

It's not his fault is it ?

Most of these muppets are already quietly planning for their holidays.

You can only do so much as a captain. Unless you're a Roy Keane type.

Actually you know what. We haven't had that kind of captain in a long while. Someone who would come in and give the team a good boll*cking every now and then, instead of clowning around during training sessions.
He is, as captain, the main player that should be reminding the others on the levels required. He was screaming at the ref when it’s his team mates that needed it.

He struggled to control a ball.

If we had Suarez or Torres or Owen, we're winning this title.

We have created enough chances for Nunez.

Every single game we've lost recently, he missed big chances in big moments.

Any of those 3 and we would have been out of sight by now, let alone just winning the title.

I believe that any of the strikers from any of the other 19 clubs in the league would have scored many of those chances.
Nunez has no composure or intelligence in front of goal...it's just hit and hope with him. Fucking Donkey

Back
Top Bottom