• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

DeAss

Dreadful in Europe though.

Klopp's got 3 league titles as well
Thought we were just talking PL

Inconsistent in Europe I thinks fair.

Was it 9 fa cups as well?

I think people think I'm slating klopp when I'm not. When it comes to PL, he's top 5 manager; but he's arguably the fifth. More success this year and that changes things potentially

Nah mate, you’re off the scale wrong on this one.

The points totals where he finished 2nd will remain some of the highest ever - he’ll still be known as the only manager to put up some sort of consistent challenge to the City juggernaut.

Anyway… I would give a fuck what any other prick fans think - there’s isn’t a club out there, except Mancheatster Shitty that wouldn’t take him in a heartbeat as manager.
Great, highest point 2nd place has achieved. What an honour. We've sure shown every other loser how to lose with more style

If we're giving klopp the "he would have won more without city" should we do that to Wenger? Mourinho? Both had to compete with an all conquering united side.

Ultimately it's trophies on the table, and he's been great for us. Compared to others? Not so much. Does that mean I'd trade any of it? Absolutely not.

Memories fade over time and achievements are what get looked back upon. He'll go down as a great, sure, but I wonder whether he'll be cast as the yin to Guardiola's yang... Liverpool used to frame and provide context to City's greatness and achievements.

A title this year would help.
Stripping those cunts of everything and giving us our rightful number of league titles would help more.

Thought we were just talking PL

Inconsistent in Europe I thinks fair.

Was it 9 fa cups as well?
Wenger and Arsenal fans would trade every single one of those FA Cups and a title or two for a CL.

I think Ferguson and Guardiola are probably top two and then you can argue against Maureen and Wenger

Wenger and Arsenal fans would trade every single one of those FA Cups and a title or two for a CL.

I think Ferguson and Guardiola are probably top two and then you can argue against Maureen and Wenger
No doubt they would, but they've still won that trophy 9 times under wenger. It's a solid achievement.

I'd agree with that. And as i've said, i'd put klopp at 5th. Mainly down to the fact he's one of the few managers who's won something and lingered for a bit. Every other manager whos won the league either was sacked a year later, or did nothing else

But all this isn't Diaz chatter, so would benefit being in its own thread i suppose

Paisley well ahead of Guardiola and on trophies per season leaves Ferguson in the dust (Ave. 2 to 1 per season for Ferguson).

But all this isn't Diaz chatter, so would benefit being in its own thread i suppose
You compared Diaz the player to Klopp the manager. Then changed your stance to how people outside the club view him after you were destroyed. Yes, let's move on.

You compared Diaz the player to Klopp the manager. Then changed your stance to how people outside the club view him after you were destroyed. Yes, let's move on.
I said make a thread on it? I was trying to stop a thread on a player being completely derailed

And I wasn't destroyed?

Chelsea as a club have pretty much won what klopp has won during his tenure, and they've been mostly shite. Klopp hasn't achieved anything near enough to be considered one of the all time greats in English football. For Liverpool fans, absolutely. In the grand scheme? Nope.

SCM thread meanders off topic SHOCKER

SCM posters make the meander the main topic of argument SHOCKER
Merely thought if people wanted to continue, it warranted it's own thread, mainly due to the fact I can see random people stumbling upon it, disagreeing with me and starting it all again. I want to keep this thread pure with Diaz criticism

Merely thought if people wanted to continue, it warranted it's own thread, mainly due to the fact I can see random people stumbling upon it, disagreeing with me and starting it all again. I want to keep this thread pure with Diaz criticism
Okay, back on topic. Why is Diaz as bad as Klopp?

Okay, back on topic. Why is Diaz as bad as Klopp?

Because of inconsistent finishing. Great work rate, great work ethic, sublime moments, but tends to fall down at the last hurdle. A few good goals which will go down well, but is capable of so much more.

A reductionist comparison, granted. Diaz didnt change the course for our football club.

I said make a thread on it? I was trying to stop a thread on a player being completely derailed

And I wasn't destroyed?

Chelsea as a club have pretty much won what klopp has won during his tenure, and they've been mostly shite. Klopp hasn't achieved anything near enough to be considered one of the all time greats in English football. For Liverpool fans, absolutely. In the grand scheme? Nope.
This is simply an ignorant view I would expect from other fans. He’s stopped City ruining the league and walking it 6 years in a row and probably a couple more CL if they hadn’t been pushed by Klopp. He’s 100% a great. His teams routinely scored more points than all the greats of yesteryear and only were stopped cheating fucking cunts.

It's crazy times when Dreamy is the voice of reason! What are you doing @Fabio? You are fucking with the natural order of the universe.

It's crazy times when Dreamy is the voice of reason! What are you doing @Fabio? You are fucking with the natural order of the universe.
But why? Outside of Liverpool I don't believe he would be considered a true great. I said 5th in a list of managers, and I don't see how that's controversial? His level of success in the league hasn't been enough to be considered that.

This is simply an ignorant view I would expect from other fans. He’s stopped City ruining the league and walking it 6 years in a row and probably a couple more CL if they hadn’t been pushed by Klopp. He’s 100% a great. His teams routinely scored more points than all the greats of yesteryear and only were stopped cheating fucking cunts.

....but that's my point and has been? I've consistently said "outside of LFC he's not a great". And you agree with that premise, you just think it's ignorant. Whereas I think disagreeing with it is just bias.

I love Diaz, his end product isn't all that and he's not really got that long to improve on it, given his age, but he's skillful and useful. We can do better though and if someone like PSG is going to offer big money, this is a perfect "Coutinho" moment for us.

Barca, now PSG, if I didn't know any better it's his camp that's pushing for a move.

All the best Luiz.

View: https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1770849835953861001

1- I never talked about contacts with Liverpool and I have already mentioned that Liverpool do not wish to sell him ❌
2- it’s Qatar’s priority, not Campos ✅
3- Antero Henrique and Díaz’s agent are already talking
4- this is Doha’s priority, no offense to Luis Campos/his entourage 😆
5- any file initiated by Antero Henrique/Doha (Randal Kolo Muani, Ousmane Dembélé, Mbappé, Zidane etc) are not managed by Campos 😀
6- No need to mention me as soon as someone denies information they don't like, I've been experiencing this for almost 10 years 😉

....but that's my point and has been? I've consistently said "outside of LFC he's not a great". And you agree with that premise, you just think it's ignorant. Whereas I think disagreeing with it is just bias.
No because the majority of football fans aren’t fans of Liverpool or City but they do like to see a competitive league. Nobody wants to see a precession year in year out. All fans bar very bitter rivals wants a tight title race. Klopp provided arguably 3 of the best ever, taking the league to the final game on multiple occasions. Of course he’s a great, inside and outside of Liverpool by any fan with half a footballing brain and appreciation for hard it is what Klopp has done. Imagine how shite English football would be if the title was decided by Xmas every year. Well that’s exactly what it would have been like. Klopp is every bit a legend.

Not bias at all. Don’t forget I was one of the few fans after our title win that made some of the points you’ve made and marked Klopp less than an A+. But he’s consistently done it and is now building a second amazing team. Something none of the one league winner managers have done.

No because the majority of football fans aren’t fans of Liverpool or City but they do like to see a competitive league. Nobody wants to see a precession year in year out. All fans bar very bitter rivals wants a tight title race. Klopp provided arguably 3 of the best ever, taking the league to the final game on multiple occasions. Of course he’s a great, inside and outside of Liverpool by any fan with half a footballing brain and appreciation for hard it is what Klopp has done. Imagine how shite English football would be if the title was decided by Xmas every year. Well that’s exactly what it would have been like. Klopp is every bit a legend.

I'm sure people appreciate it was a difficult job, but that doesn't equate to them thinking he's a great. It's been a wonderful time for the neutral, but all in all....we consistently fell.

If we're putting job difficulty in to it then surely ranieri could be ahead of him. We've been poorer than city, but still richer than 3/4 of the league. It's not my miracles he's achieved. Over performing, sure, but not miracles

Anyway, diaz

Back
Top Bottom