• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

DeAss

His play gave us an out ball. 2nd half we dominated the midfield and most of the pitch. They got nervous and we didn't capitalise.

Endo and macca were the key to that "victory", not diaz
They all played a big part. But Diaz scared them more than anyone else.

Also linked with PSG today in the Colombian media (see Summer transfer thread). They'll have loads of money this summer.

Love the player, and he's got some trickery, but yes the final assist or goal from his work is frequently missing. But it is getting better. I really think if Kloppo was here for another season we might see him kick on. But not so sure.

I think what Dreamy is saying here is, he is a great outlet - relieves pressure, takes the ball up the field, and puts them on the backfoot. You need this for sure. You just also expect goals to come from this work. And it doesn't as much as it should.

Having said that I remember our previous iterations of wingers as Riera and Pennant :ROFLMAO:

I like him, but if some dickhead clubs want to overspend on him, a sale would be a fantastic way for Xabi to get a couple of players suitable to his style. But then, he might improve next year, and maybe a new manager/coaching team's input might do him a world of good.
Would be a simple choice in letting him go if Jota wasn't so injury prone and Salah didn't have question marks over his contract extension.

I think we're going to have to be a little bit ruthless in the summer.

We're pretty light in dead wood and you can make the argument that most areas of the pitch are reasonably well covered (bar CB perhaps) but we can and should be looking to improve. So one or two will need to make way.

I've thought all season (and last) that attack is an obvious candidate for this. We have good options with pros and cons but let's be ruthless if there is a great player or two to be had.

Hopefully we don't do it from a position of bias (I don't want to see any Joe Allens arrive) but yeah

Diaz is 27 this year and is contracted till 2027.

=====

A former Barcelona scout has criticised Luis Diaz's output, as transfer links between the Spanish club and Liverpool's winger have resurfaced.

After an injury-hit season in 2022/23, Diaz has battled back to establish himself as Jurgen Klopp's first-choice on the left side of the front three.

The Colombian, who also had to deal with the kidnapping of his father late last year, has featured in all but one of Liverpool's 28 Premier League games so far this season and has 12 goals and three assists in all competitions to date.

Amid the recent injury crisis at Anfield that has impacted most of the Reds' other first-team forwards, Diaz has remained a virtual ever-present for Klopp and has impressed with his dribbling and energy on the the left wing.

Amid his good form, reports have surfaced linking the former Porto star to Barcelona.

One Colombian outlet even claimed that Liverpool had named their price, after Diaz's agent met with Barça representatives to discuss a possible summer deal.

Reports of Barca interest in Diaz, who is under contract at Anfield until 2027, are nothing new.

The club's president Joan Laporta revealed back in 2022 that he had spoken with the star's agent about a move, but were beaten to the punch by Liverpool.

"We had a conversation with his agent," Laporta said. "At that moment, we had only just come into the club really and Liverpool were ahead of us.

"There was a moment when we considered signing him but we still had to sort out the financial situation and they beat us to him."

Meanwhile, fires were stoked regarding a future Camp Nou move by Diaz's own father, who let slip to Win Sports last year: "It is true that Luis is a loyal Barcelona fan and it would be his dream to go there."

'HE’S A PLAYER WHO HAS A GREAT GAME AND THE NEXT HE’S NOT THERE.'
One former Barcelona man isn't especially sold on Diaz, however.

Bojan Krkic Sr. — a former club scout and father of the one-time wonderkid of the same name — admitted to 'assessing' Diaz's talents for the Spanish giants while he was still at Porto, but is unconvinced regarding the winger's consistency.

He told Cadena Ser, via Marca: “When he was at Porto, we were assessing him and following him. Luis Diaz has quality, he has talent, he has speed, he has dribbling, he has a goal, he has everything. But the problem is that, if you look at Liverpool, he doesn’t have continuity in his performance and he is not an undisputed starter.

“That’s what happened to him, also at Porto. That is to say, he does the best and the worst, well not the worst, but he’s a player who has a great game and the next one he’s not there.”

It's a critique some fans have also made of Diaz this season, with his end product coming under fire from some quarters following the 1-1 draw with Manchester City in which he spurned at least one big chance to score.

However, while his finishing may be questioned, consistency is a strange area to attack Diaz, who has been a willing and tireless performer for Liverpool this season and an important outlet down the left flank, as the Reds chase an unprecedented quadruple.

Diaz is a modern day Dirk Kuyt. Works hard, scores 1 in 4 games but will never reach the levels of predecessor. May be Xabi can change that.
If its £100m I would take it, but if Xabi wants to keep him, I wouldn't have too much issue as he sees something. I mean he changed Xaka to a world class MF.

Diaz is a modern day Dirk Kuyt. Works hard, scores 1 in 4 games but will never reach the levels of predecessor. May be Xabi can change that.
If its £100m I would take it, but if Xabi wants to keep him, I wouldn't have too much issue as he sees something. I mean he changed Xaka to a world class MF.
Being a midfield controller is a lot different to a winger. If we do get xabi and he wants flying full backs, i don't know if he fits the mold as he's not creative enough

it’ll be interesting to see what the new structure means for players who have question marks surrounding them like Jota and Diaz.

For 100m is hard to say no but we definitely need a player with his attributes to replace him. He offers a dimension that nobody else does.
We need a player with some of his attributes, and more besides

Or we don't, as we might be playing an entirely different system

That'd be a nice chunk of change to get this new management team set up with a few players that fit whatever way they are planning to play.

Barcelona can’t afford him, they seem to inject themselves into situations but nowadays it’s laughable because they’re broke

Barcelona can’t afford him, they seem to inject themselves into situations but nowadays it’s laughable because they’re broke
I'm sure we could come to some arrangement. Predominantly them giving us decent players

I'll take gavi and yamal pls

Fuck me - the lad ran his balls off and turned “the bestest RB ever thats actually a RB and not a midfielder in disguise” inside out and would have been man of the match if he could finish his dinner whilst Mo Salah was spooning it into his mouth.

His finishing is awful - everything else about his game isn’t - there’s been times his finishing has been decent - so he’s got it in him.

Stop triggering me with Adama Traore - Diaz has practically scored as much this season when he’s been shit than that fuckknuckle has scored in his entire career.

It's Barca. They usually find a way to finance a deal.....probably via the help of their government.

Yes the likelihood is they pull some levers rather than give us any players we’d actually be interested in

Back
Top Bottom