• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why England will at least get to the World Cup Final....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, have people missed the bit where Heskey's started up front in nearly every qualifier?

As fucking if Capello's going to revert back a 'Rooney up front on his own' system that saw him score in goal in 3 fucking years.

I think he will, Heskey was starting at the beginning of the season when Rooney hadn't had a lot of time to prove himself - now he has with expolsive results.

Capello has always said he would play players in form and what could be better than Rooney and Gerrard leading the line (assuming they are still in form come the world cup) coupled with that particular forward line solving a headache in midfield - its a no-brainer to me!!

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053415#msg1053415 date=1265852382]
I think he will, Heskey was starting at the beginning of the season when Rooney hadn't had a lot of time to prove himself - now he has with expolsive results.

Capello has always said he would play players in form and what could be better than Rooney and Gerrard leading the line (assuming they are still in form come the world cup) coupled with that particular forward line solving a headache in midfield - its a no-brainer to me!!
[/quote]

He won't.

ah well, we'll agree to disagree!!

However if it comes to the World Cup and that is Capello's first team be prepared for me to drag this thread back up, if not then I don't really give a fuck as he will be playing the wrong team!!

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053417#msg1053417 date=1265852987]

However if it comes to the World Cup and that is Capello's first team be prepared for me to drag this thread back up, if not then I don't really give a fuck as he will be playing the wrong team!!
[/quote]I know you. You always do the fantasy f1. And I like the cut of your jib.
I'd love England to go all the way, but I don't think we will. The draw has been kind to us though so who knows.
Oh and good luck with the kid.
Why are you doing it again crazy fuck?

I remember you Rafanomenon, you're a fat bastard.

Congratulations first of all, I can see us perhaps grinding our way to the semis and then losing a thriller 4-3.

No penalties this time.

How do you English lads feel about your game with us Americans? Obviously we are hurting (literally) at the moment with Davies, Dempsey, and Onyewu out but if we can get back to fitness, do you think the U.S.A. will be a push over?

[quote author=Yoshi_Benayoun link=topic=38882.msg1053472#msg1053472 date=1265874718]
How do you English lads feel about your game with us Americans? Obviously we are hurting (literally) at the moment with Davies, Dempsey, and Onyewu out but if we can get back to fitness, do you think the U.S.A. will be a push over?
[/quote]Not a pushover no. If we play at our best we will win all our group games, but to the three teams we face will all want to beat us. It will be their cup final and we will have to be up for it from minute 1.
I think us and the USA will get through.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=38882.msg1053476#msg1053476 date=1265875205]
They'll draw with usa then beat the other two I think.
[/quote]Me too

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053396#msg1053396 date=1265849391]
I don't agree, Capello will see Rooney playing well up front on his own and will think that Gerrard will find it easy to link up with a world class striker while allowing Lampard to plasy aswell.

Its a win win situation for England and a prospect that most national teams would like to have, my team for Englands first game, injuries allowing:

James/Green
Magic Jar Jar Terry A Cole
Lennon Lampard Barry J Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

That would be feared by most teams and I doubt anyone could argue with that, even swap Carrick for Barry and its stilll good!!
[/quote]

I remember you from your previous name, but I can't even begin to be even slightly interested in the World Cup just yet. Sure, when it happens I'll watch, but at the moment I'm more concerened about Liverpool.

Anyway, you have another reason to be looking forwards to the summer, and I hope it all goes well for you.

I don't see how England can be beaten at the World Cup.

1. Rooney - best striker in the world at the moment.
2. Gerrard - Best midfielder in the world at the moment. He's backed up by greats such as Lampard, Gareth "miles better than Alonso" Barry, and also have players like Lennon and Joe Cole to call on.
3. The defence contains the two best centre halves in the world, you've got the best left back in the world and the best attacking right back in the world too.

What could go wrong ?

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=38882.msg1053464#msg1053464 date=1265872950]
[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053417#msg1053417 date=1265852987]

[/quote]I know you. You always do the fantasy f1. And I like the cut of your jib.
I'd love England to go all the way, but I don't think we will. The draw has been kind to us though so who knows.
Oh and good luck with the kid.
Why are you doing it again crazy fuck?
[/quote]

Yep - I usually partake but tend not to do very well! Are you doing it again this season - not long to wait now?

Why I am doing it again? I was in charge of contraception - whoops!!

[quote author=TheFasterBlade link=topic=38882.msg1053469#msg1053469 date=1265874478]
I remember you Rafanomenon, you're a fat bastard.

Congratulations first of all, I can see us perhaps grinding our way to the semis and then losing a thriller 4-3.

No penalties this time.
[/quote]

That I am - I carry it well though!

Not so sure about losing on penalties though, I think a game will go to a shoot out however I reckon we are due to win one.

It's far to early to make any predictions about how England will get on. I think i'm going to wait until the squad is named ( i wouldn't be surprised to see one of Rio, J Cole or Stevie miss out).

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=38882.msg1053495#msg1053495 date=1265877914]

2. Gerrard - Best midfielder in the world at the moment. He's backed up by greats such as Lampard, Gareth "miles better than Alonso" Barry, and also have players like Lennon and Joe Cole to call on.
3. The defence contains the two best centre halves in the world, you've got the best left back in the world and the best attacking right back in the world too.

What could go wrong ?
[/quote]

Fuck off Ross.

What could go wrong ?
[/quote]

Great fucking post that shattered my Sarcasm-ometer.

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053351#msg1053351 date=1265845289]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053344#msg1053344 date=1265844750]
I've genuinely never noticed this 'Fraser' character before. 400 posts too, cripes.

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

I have just changed my username to Fraser which is more memorable - see my footnote:

Formely unknown as Rafanomenon, soon to be unknown as Fraser!

Thought I might get a bit more personal rather than be so anonymous - I have also only had my avatar for about 2 hours!!
[/quote]

I remember you as Rafanomenon.
Good luck with the new arrival, and I hope your other son(?) is also doing well.

England won't win the world cup, of course they won't quarter finals probably

[quote author=Yoshi_Benayoun link=topic=38882.msg1053472#msg1053472 date=1265874718]
[/quote]

Games against you fellas are never pushovers. You always send out eleven good athletes who will fight to the end. Against that, you tend to be short on skill and not to score the goals your workrate deserves. I think we'll beat you (narrowly), though it wouldn't surprise me if you and England are the two qualifiers from that group.

Overall, while I don't think England will win, I reckon we'll get further in the competition than some of my fellow Reds seem to think. I see us getting to the semis, where we'll lose to Brazil, who will then beat Spain in the Final.

England have the best chance they have had of winning it since 66.

Still don't think they have what it takes to go all the way though.

What could go wrong ?
[/quote]

Slightly exaggerated, but good points.

With Capello as manager, England have a very good chance and will rightly be one of the favourites

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=38882.msg1053629#msg1053629 date=1265898312]

[/quote]

Huh? What is it now that gives us a better chance at this stage than in say 1970, 1986 and 1990?

[quote author=Asim link=topic=38882.msg1053619#msg1053619 date=1265896776]
[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053351#msg1053351 date=1265845289]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053344#msg1053344 date=1265844750]
I've genuinely never noticed this 'Fraser' character before. 400 posts too, cripes.

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

I have just changed my username to Fraser which is more memorable - see my footnote:

Formely unknown as Rafanomenon, soon to be unknown as Fraser!

Thought I might get a bit more personal rather than be so anonymous - I have also only had my avatar for about 2 hours!!
[/quote]

I remember you as Rafanomenon.
Good luck with the new arrival, and I hope your other son(?) is also doing well.

England won't win the world cup, of course they won't quarter finals probably
[/quote]

I'm impressed Asim - you have a good memory!!

He is doing fine thanks, small steps but he is progressing. On a purely selfish note I feel better about his future now he has a brother or sister on the way.

[quote author=Richey link=topic=38882.msg1053636#msg1053636 date=1265900254]
[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=38882.msg1053629#msg1053629 date=1265898312]

[/quote]

Huh? What is it now that gives us a better chance at this stage than in say 1970, 1986 and 1990?
[/quote]

Capello as manager, a venue which will suit us weather-wise, and greater weakness among some of our competitors (notably the Argies and Germany) than has usually been the case before.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=38882.msg1053609#msg1053609 date=1265894608]

What could go wrong ?
[/quote]

Fuck off Ross.
[/quote]

Yep. Fuck off Ross. We also have the best manager in the world.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=38882.msg1053358#msg1053358 date=1265845744]

I might add that I wouldn't give the Argies a hope in hell of making an impact - Mascherano included. They barely made an impact in South America and are genuinely lucky to be going to South Africa at all.

[/quote]

I'm not really sure how relevant form/perfomance in qualification is when it comes to the tournament proper.

I'm trying to think of some examples to back this up and have come up with these:

Denmark won Euro 92 when they didn't even qualify for the tournament.
England at Euro 88 were the "best" qualifiers and proceeded to lose every game which was nice for me because I had a tenner on Holland to win the tournament.

I'm sure there are more examples. Anyone?

[quote author=Bologna link=topic=38882.msg1053691#msg1053691 date=1265911042]
[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=38882.msg1053358#msg1053358 date=1265845744]

I might add that I wouldn't give the Argies a hope in hell of making an impact - Mascherano included. They barely made an impact in South America and are genuinely lucky to be going to South Africa at all.

[/quote]

I'm not really sure how relevant form/perfomance in qualification is when it comes to the tournament proper.

I'm trying to think of some examples to back this up and have come up with these:

Denmark won Euro 92 when they didn't even qualify for the tournament.
England at Euro 88 were the "best" qualifiers and proceeded to lose every game which was nice for me because I had a tenner on Holland to win the tournament.

I'm sure there are more examples. Anyone?

[/quote]Brazil stumbled through quali in 2002 I believe.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=38882.msg1053632#msg1053632 date=1265899377]

What could go wrong ?
[/quote]

Slightly exaggerated, but good points.

With Capello as manager, England have a very good chance and will rightly be one of the favourites
[/quote]

Whoosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom