• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Van der Vaart - well maybe not free and he's not Silva !

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Modokay link=topic=35367.msg929344#msg929344 date=1250806060]
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
We sold one of our most important and best players to Madrid and now we're supposed to buy a reject from them?
[/quote]

You are equating £30M vs ~£10M?

You think we will win the league with what we've currently got?

You think there is someone else available for ~£10M that will make more of a difference?

You think we have £10M?

[quote author=Dee link=topic=35367.msg929363#msg929363 date=1250808489]
We sold one of our most important and best players to Madrid and now we're supposed to buy a reject from them?
[/quote]

You are equating £30M vs ~£10M?
No
You think we will win the league with what we've currently got?
Yes, especially when Aquilani is fit
You think there is someone else available for ~£10M that will make more of a difference?
No, but I disagree about VDV making a differnce.
You think we have £10M?
Of course.
[/quote]

I don't really rate Van der Vaart he's IMO very average and has a poor attitude.
[/quote]

Aquilani was Alonso's replacement.

Along with that Chelsea "reject".

Tony Barrett on RAOTL:

Just for clarification, Liverpool have no interest in van der Vaart. They wouldn't have any if they had the necessary £10m and they certainly don't seeing as they most certainly don't have the necessary £10m.

On the transfer budget you really need to do some maths Taylor lad. Then do some basic common sense.
We're signing a centre half for just under £2m just after several newspapers ran stories claiming Liverpool had just under £2m to spend. Do you really thing there is a pot of money that the manager is refusing to tap into? Do you really believe this 30-year-old Greek defender who once played for Rangers to no great effect would be a target if there was money to spend?

He would be a good squad addition, and will shield us well in the event of injuries and when we have time like 5 games to play in two weeks.

We need a versatile midfielder. Ideally we need a left wing first teamer....but seeing as we don't have the money for that, i'd take this. But do we have the money for at least this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom